It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange large flashing red light I filmed on 8/2/11 still not sure what it was.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

For you and any others who are convinced it is a tower and that I'm lying here is a video from the top of my house showing the area behind the houses in the direction of the flashing object and as you will see no towers .

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I never claimed you were lying, In fact I take you quite serious.. I only wanted to rule out the radio tower for my own sanity, As there has been a lot of BS on the Ufo boards as of late.. So question everything until proving otherwise.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I quite understand there are loads of fakes out there. There is definitely no tower or other high structure in that direction where I live ( semi rural) . I was hesitant to bring my video to ATS believing I would be shot down in flames with members saying its clearly a helicopter but I have to say I'm relieved that has not happened. I am not deluded all aircraft have to have aviation lights port and starboard. Although I am not aware of any aircraft that just display a red beacon. I am sure somebody will enlighten me however it just seemed rather odd to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just to confirm, the object seemed to be moving away and to the right appearing to drop in altitude although this may have just been a visual effect as it moved further away. . In any case if fitted with standard navigation lights whether it had been a helicopter or plane I should have been seeing both green ( right starboard) and red ( left port) lights. If anything I would have seen the green starboard light flashing because that would have been the side of the aircraft facing me. This picture is of a helicopter approaching ,my object was going in the opposite direction so the red port light would be on the other side and the green light would have been brighter and more prominent

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This one of the things that causes a lot of confusion. People expect to see routine navigation lights on aircraft and helicopters, and anything out of the ordinary causes confusion.

See following post from aircraft enthusiast forum.

forums.airshows.co.uk...

The UK military helicopter force is especially busy at night conducting crew training using Night Vision Goggles. People will see a flashing red light and and/or a non-flashing light. You can see how this can lead to confusion when investigating such a red light in the sky?

TJ

edit on 11-2-2011 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

That's very interesting, so it could have been a helicopter on night vision practice displaying only a red beacon so the night vision equipment can work properly. That could be it Cheers.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If it was a helicopter, dont you think we would have heard the report of helicopter blades? I could clearly hear the cars driving by. I think it is odd.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by liveyourlife

That's a very good point , at no time did I hear helicopter blades. I could hear a plane go by and that sound is heard near the start of the video.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ichiban
I saw the same thing! on the 8th at around 8pm but i am far from kent i live near york.
It was around the same height in the sky traveling east to west EXACTLY the same red pulsing light.
>.< first post

Did you make a thread about this (?) ... because I'm from North Yorkshire and sometime in January there was a thread by another York ATS member reporting this too.

I replied in that thread to say that I'd also seen exactly what the OP describes the same night as the member mentioned in the other thread (it was also witnessed by my son who is very sceptical of this sort of thing but reluctantly agreed that it was not a plane ... and stars don't move about like this did) ... and I'd previously seen the same thing with a friend on 13th October 2010, when we'd both watched it for over 20 mins ... initially it had looked like a huge star (bigger and brighter than Sirius) in the south ... then it grew smaller and I thought it was going to disappear (clear nights no clouds on both occasions) ... instead it started to flash red and grew back to the original large size then started to move across the sky to the west ... reached a certain point ... stopped for a few seconds before returning to it's original point ... it repeated this twice in the 20mins we watched it.

Then after the 20mins it became small again then just vanished (as I said it was a clear, cloudless night on both occasions)

Woody

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

you say it was clear out. Did it by chance start raining after it disappeared? Just curious. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGemini6180
reply to post by woodwytch

you say it was clear out. Did it by chance start raining after it disappeared? Just curious. Thanks.

No rain ... in fact on the second occasion in January it was a crisp frosty night (around 8:30pm)

We're lucky where I live (being a rural location) that there is very little light pollution and I distinctly recall lot's of stars visible on both occasions that's how I was able to compare it to regular stars and also why I know it wasn't cloudy.

Woody

edit on 12-2-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

No problem. Thanks for the reply. As to the issue of noise, it all depends on how far away whatever helo type was producing the light? Noise can be deceptive.

TJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join