It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange large flashing red light I filmed on 8/2/11 still not sure what it was.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
After I parked the car on returning home from work I looked up in to the clear sky because a flashing light had caught my eye. I stood there for a couple of minutes watching this large bright red flashing light move back and forth across the sky expecting to see the tell-tell green and white flashing navigation lights of a plane or helicopter. However no matter where the object was it only flashed a bright and unusually large red light. There were a couple of other planes that passed by and I could easily see their red and green navigation lights. Eventually I thought it strange enough to grab my sony dcr digital camcorder with 40Xoptical zoom out of the car. I managed to get this footage before the object went out of view behind a house. I apologize for the shake, its due to the huge amount of zoom. ( curse of zoomed ufo threads) Ive now decided to bring the video here for your intelligent perusal. BTW I am in Kent UK but don't want to give my exact location before you ask. Suffice to say anywhere in Kent sees plenty of air traffic overhead flying to Gatwick Heathrow Stansted etc etc.

edit on 11-2-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hello,

It appears to remain static in the sky as opposed to moving around like the OP suggests. It also doesn't look that high off the ground. Is it possible there could be a radio tower or large mast in the area that has this attached to the top to warn low flying planes? It just struck me as a beacon of some kind particularly due to how static it appears.

Edit: Correction after viewing again I can see an angle shift from the first time you zoom in to the second, so it would appear to be something very slow moving.
edit on 11/2/11 by ALadInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
That is strange indeed!.. Can't tell you what it is? hope that more people filmed this?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

It was definitely moving you will see near the end of the video it moves lower and drops out of my line of sight behind a house opposite. There are no masts or any high structures in that direction. Its was 100% airborne whatever it was. I will say one thing, the video does not do the object justice , the flash was much redder than it appears on the video and I was surprised watching the video back that the red light did not look as red as it did in real life.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
After the object had gone behind the roof line of the house opposite I went to the upstairs of my house to see if I could still see it, unfortunately I couldn't see it anywhere which was strange in itself.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Funny, I thought the same thing looks like a radio tower..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Wow! you have good eye sight. Do you have built in night vision?

To the OP. if you could post a day time pic from the same position just to clear up that it isnt actually a radio mast or something similar.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Wow! you have good eye sight. Do you have built in night vision?

To the OP. if you could post a day time pic from the same position just to clear up that it isnt actually a radio mast or something similar.

If you have ever seen a radio tower at night.. then you would draw the same conclusion.. There is one not to far from where I live look's exactly like the op's video.. the illusion of it moving around is the shaky camera and the zooming in and out..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Ok here you go this is exactly where I was standing and facing (south west)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow I live in Kent too me and my mates were on the way to Ashford Cineworld and literally just before we went to pull in to the cinema I saw this exact thing only it was a year ago. I think almost exactly a year but couldn't tell you for sure. Crazy stuff.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Who said anything about needing night vision chief? We were both referencing the light and TechVampyre even posted a picture to show what we were getting at.

When analysing something you can't rule anything out.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

See why I would come to that conclusion ? From a distaste it could easily be mistaken for something "other worldly"
edit on 11-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that my daughter and her four children all saw something in the sky on the 8th feb, they live in Portsmouth England close to the beach, one of the children spotted it in the sky..... and they said it was purple and red...I have done some searching on the web just in case anyone else saw it but apart from your post there has been nothing...but am now wondering if it was the same thing..........unfortunately my daughter has lost the charger for her camera so wasn't able to record anything......very weird though............

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Op it is hard to draw a conclusion based on a day time shot , could you take more video tonight please ? I am not trying to discount your claim..just want to rule out a radio tower..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Interesting video my friend. Is there anyone else that you have spoken to that by chance either seen or heard this particular sighting?
It does seem to be static, but as another poster had pointed out, you can see the slight fluctuation of it moving as you did indeed zoom in and then out.
I would try to get corroboration with your fellow neighborhood.
May be it will return tonight in the same general area, keep your eyes peeled and keep us updated as these events occur. S&F

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here's the two videos together so you can compare.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Here's the two videos together so you can compare.

The problem I am having is that 90 percent of the time I can not make out the radio tower light during the day..I drive by it almost daily.. So if you could get more video tonight to clear this up it would be much appreciated..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A Strange observation I have made was that the flashing light almost seemed to remind me of a heartbeat rhythm. Not that I would say whatever it is would be alive, just a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Op it is hard to draw a conclusion based on a day time shot , could you take more video tonight please ? I am not trying to discount your claim..just want to rule out a radio tower..

These screen shots that show the same lamppost prove that there is no tower. Also the object is above the lamppost at the beginning then below and further to the right near the end before it drops behind the house.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I saw the same thing! on the 8th at around 8pm but i am far from kent i live near york.
It was around the same height in the sky traveling east to west EXACTLY the same red pulsing light.
>.< first post

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join