It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Show on Skype?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am a big fan of the live ATS show, and though I realize that members that can enter chat can participate, I was wondering if there any plans in the future for the same to be available on Skype. Of course I would assume that members would be able to access the room, but I have lots to contribute and would l love the opportunity if given the chance.

So I ask that the owners please consider this request, as some of us cannot access chat, but have a want to participate as others. Thank you.

Wanted to add that I know that Skype would probably overflow with members, but maybe there can be a set limit, as to not flood the room, (just a suggestion),as I know I would get there early, and its a way to have members listen to the music that is played before the show.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't think there is a problem with members starting there own group chat on skype during the show.

Having any more than what we do now in the main show studio for the show just wouldn't work. There is plenty that goes on during the broadcast that only pertains to the folks that are there.

Also, skype can be very tempermental when there are too many people in one chat room at once, so it could possibly affect the quality of the broadcast.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yeah, unfortunately Gaotu is right. Too many people in the room at once doesn't work, the broadcast quality drops, skype crashes and it's incredibly difficult to keep up with the cue. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes to do with what is coming next, whos turn it is to speak, etc, and if there were a lot of people typing then things would be missed and that'd cause a problem for those involved and those running things.

Also, when broadcasting, we can't actually hear the music being played. When I took part in a music show I had to have the computer and the laptop running and a very elaborate headphone swapping things going on to keep up
The breaks are there to get ourselves in order for what is up next.

Sorry on behalf of everyone who takes part in the shows!

edit on 10/2/2011 by Ayana because: Sorry Gaotu. Your name is impossible to spell...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I am a big fan of the live ATS show, and though I realize that members that can enter chat can participate,

You don't have to be able to go into chat to call into the show. Just listen to the show and call in on Skype.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I've had comments made in the chat room responded to from the show. They do pack the show full of content so don't always expect on any occasion to be replied to - but it can happen from time to time.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Totally off topic here.

But your avatar is even more cooler than Alex Jones CIA haircut.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yeah, if you can't access Chat...possibly start your own "chat" on skype...

It could work?

But definitely on voice calls...it doesn't.

top topics

join