It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Permission to come aboard, Captain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hello ATS members. I have finally found a login name I can identify with. SunflowerStar. I had another login name that was vague and kinda matched where I was at the time I created it. But like anyone who is human, I have grown and evolved through knowledge and self development. It has taken some time lurking about and making responses, which I get to start over, till I can make threads of my own.

My name is the name of a quilt block. I started this quilt last year and am nearing the completion of the blocks and will begin setting it up soon. Like this quilt I am maturing as time goes on. I have had some interesting spiritual and unexplainable events occur throughout my life. Those may be reflected as a point of perspective as I continue on my journey and participate in this forum. It is because of those experiences I found ATS. And may share those as I progress.

I live near Central KY, as we found this past week there are several members from this area. I have done post graduate work in technology education, but have chosen another path that is more rewarding and aligned to my being.

For those who notice: Thanks for letting me share my 2sense.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Welcome aboard then matey....Jus' don't make us make you walk the plank...

Look forward to anything you might share about your anomalous experiences.

Ahoy

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself. Feel free to send me a U2U if you have any questions or concerns.

~Keeper—Forum Moderator

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Hey there SunflowerStar, welcome to the hood and glad to make your acquaintance. I hear ya on the journey part, and making ATS a part of that is pretty cool. It is a journey of both growing and shedding skin kind of, learning new things and unlearning others. The participation is a good step me thinks.

Are there any specific areas of technology that you are particularly fond of?

Peace,
spec

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hello. I just joined too, a few minutes ago.
That makes you my friend.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Permission granted matey.
we run a tight ship round here.
So u best keep ur nose clean
and ur chin in the air.

oh and if u smell a pungy odor,
don't fret, it's just the smell of shill
feet. You'll get use to it after a while.

Welcome aboard the Mighty HMS ATS.

ps: oh and one last note,
don't drink the cool-aid

it'll give ya the runs

edit on 2/10/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
Take your time browsing around the ship, and post at will.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

When I was teaching, I was using mechanical drafting integrating CAD. Old school I know, now its only CAD, the only thing left on mechanical is the sketching and idea generation and maybe some perspective analysis. I still use CAD on occasion, but have migrated away from the Technical Arts. However Photography is still a constant in my life. I have discovered cooking and catering services to be a stronger forte.

Oh, about the KoolAid, wont touch that swill.

I look forward to navigating the seas before me, please engage me, just be kind as I am still learning.

top topics

join