It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar Bear Births Could Plummet With Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

University of Alberta researchers Péter Molnár, Andrew Derocher and Mark Lewis studied the reproductive ecology of polar bears in Hudson Bay and have linked declining litter sizes with loss of sea ice.
The researchers say projected reductions in the number of newborn cubs is a significant threat to the western Hudson Bay polar-bear population, and if climate change continues unabated the viability of the species across much of the Arctic will be in question.

University of Alberta

Here imo is another example of what is happening to our slowly deteriorating planet as we speak!
It is horrible what we have allowed and what has also been done behind our backs!
I really hope we can turn things around in time,fix our wrongs and heal Gaia back to where she should be.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thank goodness. Do you know how many seals theses big bears eat.
Darwin would be proud.

You are the weakest link.

Good bye.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

that would be bad.

i hope theres a way to save them..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Polar bears are mean

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

You obviously do not fully understand the implications this holds and the many other ecosystems around the world that are being threatened?
I am not the weakest link,you need to do your research

edit on 9-2-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
How does this even make sense? Don't polar bears thrive in warmer temperatures?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
More Polar Bears now than 20 years ago.

Polar Bears love the Global Warming.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

This "research" from two unknown "researchers" looks like a fear mongering piece for the Al Gore Cult. The article makes no mention of pollutant potentials or changes in the earth's magnetic field or the sun cycles or the possibility that we are entering a small nebula in space.

If polar bears live in a slightly warmer climate, say 2 or 3 degrees warmer, I would think there is a higher probability they would mate and produce offspring. The offspring, because of the slightly warmer climate should increase the chances of survival. Receding ice flows would probably bring their meals closer in to land masses and reduce the necessity for long jaunts on fully frozen wastelands.

What we've done? Tell me, have you been feeding the sun again? There are cycles in nature, how can you propose to lay blame on all of "us" if you don't even acknowledge that simple fact of life. It would be a shame to lose Polar Bears, like all of natures creations, but can you save everything? Do you have an "ark" someplace you're not telling us about?

Humans do not cause global warming, the sun and conditions in the gas density per cubic meter in space do. You put far too much weight on peoples abilities to effect the environment everywhere, geez, we can't even control the weather properly. There is a ton of research on the internet backed by the peer review of thousands of scientists that show little things like CO2 release into the atmosphere is caused by an increase in global temperature, which is actually logical. CO2 follows temperature increase, not the other way around.

I would be more concerned about the rampant pollution, oil spills, toxic chemicals like corexit and fluoride as well as dissolving the banking systems, putting reins on multinationals, getting the politicians out and having some good old fashioned treason trials. It's better to fix the problems than put band-aids on the symptoms.

Cheers - Dave

edit on 2/10.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: forgot some or's

new topics

top topics

join