It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost a friend.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Don died. He was something else. A wonderful guy; the kind of man you would want at your back in a firefight.
I just found out. Yeah just being stupid here. It hurts losing friends.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Its never stupid to greive over a lost freind

You should take solace in the fact that he is been rememberd as a "Great Guy"
and i hope the pain subsides soon enough

~Ted

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

My friend I am so sorry for Don and you and the loved ones that surround you both. You are not alone.

Tell us more about Don...this is important for us to hold him in our hearts with you.

Your are in our prayers along with those you love and Don and those he loves.

God Blesses you and Keeps You All.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sincere condolences.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm truly sorry for your loss. (((HUGS))) we'd love to hear more about your friend.. I wish you,and your friend Dons family comfort in this painful time

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

It's never easy to lose somebody, and it's NEVER stupid to talk about it. Obviously, this person was close to you, and however you choose to grieve, that's YOUR choice. I'm very sorry to read about your loss, especially since it seems like he was a good and loyal friend. i will certainly hold you in my thoughts and send some positive energies your way, friend!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It is always difficult to lose a close friend and it never gets easier.My deepest sympathies for your loss.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, xx Please know your ATS family are here when you need us, Tell us abit about him and if you need to vent know you can do that too,

Im only a u2u away is you need someone to speak too ok

Hugs, and take care.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I lost a friend to breast cancer, she lives within me still. Grieve and don't let anyone tell you how or for how long. The pain will be with you always, in time, less often. If I could bear some of your pain, I would.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
*hugggg* I am really really sorry for the loss of your friend...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm so sorry. Almost this time last year i lost a close friend. Trust me, the loss will always be there, but the pain will ease.
I wish you all the best.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I am deeply sorry for the loss of your friend. When the feelings are so fresh and raw, we sometimes just need to express it out loud. To someone, to anybody who will see and hear. Any of us here who have suffered a loss can understand this, and our last thought is far from you being stupid. Caring so much for a friend shows your depth of compassion, not any kind of weakness.

When you are ready, we will be here to listen and remember Don with you.

My sympathies go out to you, and Don's family and friends.
edit on 2/10/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Sincere condolences on the loss of your friend.. They live on within your heart and memory...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss.I know how it feels.
But remember you never really lose them as long as you keep them in your heart.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just checking in...

How are you doing?

Take your time.

In our prayers...always.

Check in and let us know if you need anything.

When you are ready, of course.

God's speed with this grief, -aw

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

I kind of feel stupid for posting that, but I was alone at the time and had more than few shots of bourbon. I appreciate everyone's good wishes though, very much.

It's a part of life, I just wouldn't want to live so long that I'm the last one left of my friends or family. He was a really good guy with a huge heart and a damned good friend.

Can't ask for more than that, so I was lucky to know him as long as I did.

Besides, his ghost might kick my a$$ if he sees me moping anymore.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

What's up buddy. Marine Sniper here. Needed a new change ya know? Im sorry for the loss brother. You ever want to talk U2U me, and I think I gave you my cell. I would give you a non homo...manly hug.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I kind of feel stupid for posting that, but I was alone at the time and had more than few shots of bourbon. I appreciate everyone's good wishes though, very much. It's a part of life, I just wouldn't want to live so long that I'm the last one left of my friends or family. He was a really good guy with a huge heart and a damned good friend. Can't ask for more than that, so I was lucky to know him as long as I did. Besides, his ghost might kick my a$$ if he sees me moping anymore.

There is no "stupid" in death or life threatening illness or trauma of any kind.

Alone is not good and I am glad you reached out. Who hasn't thrown a few shots back when we were about to burst with pain.

Living beyond friends and family is interesting...but I can tell you this, if you do, there are people everywhere that need you.

As for the big heart and good friend Don was to you, well...you and Don sound a lot alike.

Furthermore, Don was lucky to know you as well.

Its funny how we go "omg" over car accidents, but when something worse happens, like the death of someone close to us, we have a "get over it" attitude.

What has happened to you is worse than a serious car accident. You have lost a friend. Take your time. Seriously.

In my prayers and thoughts, -aw

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Lmao. Thanks man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join