It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novel Device Sheds Light on the Beauty of Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This reads like an amazing new tool for use in scientific researchers, I don't understand all the tech talk on this since I am a hillbilly but this tool sounds cool

physorg.com

The wonder of science often comes from the endless possibilities opened up by each successive discovery and the unexpected findings that result. Scientists at the University of Bristol now have a new tool that will yield yet more and unprecedented levels of information – and crucially, without disturbing the natural, physical state of the object under scrutiny.

The past few months have seen physicists at Bristol’s Interface Analysis Centre vying for time on the dualbeam instrument, which as centre Director Dr. Tom Scott says, “unlocks the key to a whole new world”.

If I missed an existing thread please put the link here so I can close this one, but I wanted to make sure those interested get a chance to check this out

edit on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:42:36 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: sp

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Wow!, pretty impressive peice of kit right there!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Freakin' Stunning!!! I soooo want one!!!

mind boggling possibilities...*ahem* Nano-Tech evolves...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Amazing find, great article.

S+F

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

In biochemistry, researchers are looking at making actuators - “gold sandwiches” with a polymer filling which could swim through the bloodstream, collecting information that could be used to inform medical approaches to human disease.

So with big brother already a control freak in our daily lives, he can now get inside our bodies. I can see a lot cool toys and capabilities arise from this technology, also a lot of risks.

top topics

join