It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Terrorisim.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Im currently studying Computer Forensics and Degree level, and part of the corse requires us to research new ways people can engage in terrorist activitys using IT equipment.

Im curiouse to hear your thoughts on what you think on the matter of cyber terrorisim.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKiryu

That sounds really weird, can you explain it a little better? I'm in courses that deal with computer forensics and cybercrime, and we've covered cyber terrorism. I just don't really understand what you're asking.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What im meaning is do you believe that cyber terrorism is becoming the new more direct form of terrorisim, i feel as if the increase in cyber terrorism is begining to allow people target people much easier.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Perhaps the Stuxnet worm is an example of cyber-terrorist tools. It (and similar) has the capability to knock out essential services.

It has been theorised that Stuxnet was designed to prevent Iran from completing their nuclear power program (and their potential to use it for weapons production).

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I have a related thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

entitled: "Site Lists Data Security Being Breached On a Regular Basis in the U S - Shocking!"

which you might find interesting. I would think it would be an excellent job field for someone interested
in same to pursue, and probablly make a very good living at it (as a cybercop that is).....

Data on the term "cyberterrorism" here:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9/2/11 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Thanks very much for the Link ill have a look at it now

top topics

join