It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cross platform Multiplayer Games.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKiryu
reply to post by Paulos

Yeah i agree with you 100% im also both an Xbox gamer and a PC gamer and a mouse and Keyboard is just so much better than a console control pad.

You can get a mouse and keyboard for the consoles, so if it ever came to cross platform multilayer games then it wouldn't matter all that much, the only thing is you would have to buy the mouse and keyboard separately. And because of that they are not bothering in implementing that feature in some fps for consoles, so as to not give the players who play on consoles with a mouse and keyboard a unfair advantage, over those who don't want to get a mouse and keyboard for there system.

But really not that many people care, and I played both and once you get used to the controller it's not that big of a deal you just have to lead your shots more, as apposed to the point and click in an instant that you can do with a mouse.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Far Cry 2 and Far Cry Insticts are not Crytek games. I was specifically talking about Far Cry, Crysis and now Crysis 2. All developed primarily for PC, and the company has done nothing but grow. I realize piracy hurts the companies, but it's extremely prevalent on the consoles just like on the PC. In my opinion, it's even easier to mod a console to play pirated games than it is to pirate games on PC. I modded one of my XBoxes myself at 12 years old (seems like so long ago now
), it's not exactly hard to do.

Almost every game that is released for PC these days requires a product key linked with an account with the company that owns the game if you intend to play online, making it extremely difficult to use a pirated copy for multiplayer which is what the majority of people want.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

My bad, I just thought crytek had the reigns on the sequals to their first baby.
Seems like a shame though.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Yeah it is a shame, it doesn't stop most of the companies from saying the PC piracy hurts the industry the most. Games are actually pirated far more on the consoles because it's still easier to do. Why else would Sony be making such a big deal about the PS3 jailbreaks? The existence of X-Link Kai means you don't even need to use Sony's or Microsoft's services to play online.

Also, I don't mean to sound bitter but the existence of consoles is what's holding back the gaming industry. If consoles weren't so profitable and developers had to focus on PC technology, our games would be simply incredible when it comes to graphics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join