It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, recovering from shooting, regains ability to speak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
CNN Breaking News via Email is reporting...

"--Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, recovering from shooting, regains ability to speak-- ask for toast, aide says."

Full Story
edit on 9-2-2011 by OatDelphi because: Link updated

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
she can finally speak............. and her first words are . can i have toast?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That's great.

And who cares what she said as her first words? If she can speak, that's the point----isn't it?

I was beginning to think---like a lot of people--that her ability to speak was comprimised, given where the bullet entered her brain.

I hope she makes a full recovery.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

I honestly could care less. I had to look at her picture on all the news websites for about 2 weeks, when people are suffering, dying, and in conflict all over the world daily. What makes her so special? (rhetorical question please lol)

This just in: Gabrielle Giffords just wiped her own @$$.
edit on 9-2-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonninja

I know right...Toast, of all things.

But good for her. She has been through a lot. She can have what ever her heart desires. Even if that be a crispy peice of bread.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

wouldn't that be strange if she doesn't id that loughner kid as her shooter that would be a twisty twist

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92

What makes her so special? (rhetorical question please lol)

Well I can tell you why she is so special, and it has nothing to do with politics.

She is special because she received a would be fatal blow, but the miracle that is modern science and healthcare just gave us another example of what can be done to heal human damage.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the girl. Does her recovery HAVE to be played out with a minute to minute play by play?
Can't she just recover in her own privacy?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pedroroach

ask the news agency that reported the story not the op

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

And if this was an average American, her family would be COMPLETELY bankrupt from the medical bills, and she could maybe even die because they couldn't afford the best treatment.

Disgusting.

I would really want to hear more about her IF she goes back into office, realizing the cost of her treatment, and starts to do something about it so average Americans don't get raped every time they check into the emergency room.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonninja

wouldn't that be strange if she doesn't id that loughner kid as her shooter that would be a twisty twist

It would be strange if that did happen. However she will probably never even have to ID him, considering video evidence and all the other witness testimony.

If in any case she was asked to ID her assailant and failed to choose JLL, there could be a multitude of reasons for this. Of course now I am only referring to those pertaining to memory loss associated with any type of brain injury, shock, amnesia, coma, etc...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Its good she is getting better - if she decided to go back into politics I hope her agenda will be health care (including the extra care she is receiving) for all Americans regardless of their income. This is where she could do the most good. And I must say its amazing how the medical profession can save lives now, but it shouldn't be just for those in the lime light - we all deserve the same chance to recover from illness or accident.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am glad to see that she is recovering. I do worry that she,being America's new sweetheart,will waltz into the office of president when the time comes. How are we to know that her thought processes have not been affected...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92

And if this was an average American, her family would be COMPLETELY bankrupt from the medical bills, and she could maybe even die because they couldn't afford the best treatment.

Disgusting.

I would really want to hear more about her IF she goes back into office, realizing the cost of her treatment, and starts to do something about it so average Americans don't get raped every time they check into the emergency room.

Everything you say cannot be argued one bit. And I happen to agree.

But everything aside...Even you can't sit there and not be in amazement with the fact that this woman can see, hear, move, breath, and now speak even though it's only been a month or so since she took a point blank shot to the temple. Pretty darn amazing if you ask me, but maybe thats just because I am a Med. nerd type

edit on 9-2-2011 by OatDelphi because: grammar

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is great news, the doctor who spoke on the video says she has said more since she asked for toast, so this isn't just a one time event. She is having an amazing fast recovery.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RustyShakleford92

You sir are uncouth. Politics aside (and I'm quite certain as to your bias) it is a human interest story. I'll spell that out for you. She was shot through the head in a failed assassination attempt and survived.

We humans (your self excluded) find it interesting. It is nothing short of a miracle. Although she is far from out of the woods and will likely suffer permanent lasting side effects (partial paralysis, walking etc.) traumatic head injuries often yield damage to portion of the brain/motor function affecting speech. The mere fact she spoke is no small feat. I can relate to her story as a stroke survivor which shares many common similarities.

That aside, I find your comments crude, rude and cruel.

edit on 9-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Can we please see the video of her shooting? Sorry to be abrupt.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
this was a psy-op. nothing adds up here. photo analysis of the scene shows clear inconsistencies and signs of tampering. this event is in the same category as 9/11, 7/7 amongst others. all done to keep the threat of terror alive and get citizens to gladly and freely hand over their natural rights and entitlements. just like 9/11 and 7/7, i don't believe anyone died and that all of the victims are computer simulated. has no-one learned anything since 9/11. only if something can be proven categorically should you accept it. don't we know that the cowardly media are in the shlt up to their eyeballs and no longer have the power to even hesitate in participating to deceive us. everything stinks in this non(story). i know whats going to be said...i'm disgusting,,,i'm disrespectful in the extreme,,etc but i am not.------

we know very little about any of the players here
loughner, gifford, the other victims
and no disrespect but a 9 year old who happened to be born on 9/11/2001. this is clearly a psychological tactic to enrage and also to remind us of the terror, the terror. amazing things can be done on computers these days. ask yourself: how much do i really know about this whole deal. look at 'loughners' weird video burning the u.s. flag beforehand. c'mon this is a set-up, another government staged operation, a fantastic concoction and a devious ploy. DON'T TRUST WHAT THE MEDIA TELLS YOU. LIVE AND LEARN.

peace out.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Can we please see the video of her shooting? Sorry to be abrupt.

Another case for need of ATS negative star system.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I have no political bias. To be totally honest, I don't even know the difference between a republican or democrat or whatever....and I don't really care because they are one in the same.

What about the people suffering all over the world daily? You NEVER hear about it in the main stream media! NEVER! And this woman warrants MY attention when my godmother was just fatally wounded at Domodedovo airport in a terrorist attack? How about some atttention for these people, for one example.... and the problems involved.

Of course, because only America is important. Human suffering outside of the USA is irrelevant. Just play some Lady Gaga, watch some Jersey Shore, and watch inspirational stories about a politician surviving an assassination attempt.
edit on 10-2-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join