It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was my childhood imaginary friend a shadow person

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I have never heard of the "Hat Man" until reading this thread tonight and I have found it so interesting and will be reading the other mentioned thread too. Before I do however, I would just like to share my experience.

I live in a house built in the early 1930's which I have extended, going to great lengths to ensure that the new rooms fit in with the character of the original house and I think I succeed. The original house was built by a couple who lived here until they died.I am the third owner. Those before me had the house repossessed so it was in a poor old state when I bought it.

One night I had an argument with my partner and decided to sleep in the spare room which is original to the house. Just after going to bed I was laying there looking out of the window when I heard footsteps come across the landing, then into the bedroom to the side of the bed and I could feel he was stood behind me. I say he as I presumed this was my partner coming to say sorry. When I turned over to speak there was a man stood there with a dark brimmed hat and a long coat on. I screamed but when I say screamed I opened my mouth but I was so scared I couldn't get any noise out! And with a blink he was gone. I sat there all night till the sun came up as I daren't leave the room and I have never slept in that room again.

To be honest sometimes I believe in things, sometimes I don't but I tried to get my head round it by saying it was the man who built the house either saying he was happy or not happy with what I had done to his home. I put the hat down to maybe something they might of worn in the 30's but I have no recollection of any face and I didn't in the morning when I told my partner about it, there was just no face but there was, hard to explain.

No meaing to go off topic but......

I have since put my house up for sale and thankfully we got an offer within a couple of weeks but in the three weeks since it has sold our internet radio has broken, so has 2 game consoles (one had it's chip totally fried even though it had hardly been used), the kettle, the tv has developed a mind of it's own with lines appearing across it at various times, our computers have turned themselves off (at different times), another tv will refuse to turn on, and 2 ipods stopped working. Electrics have been checked and I have surge units and they are all fine. Our doorbell (battery) rings all the time and there's no one there but I've tried to put this down to maybe peoples car alarm buttons setting it off. And the cats have started running round the house like mad and one sits on the banister for ages on her own. Believe me I want to find a plausible reason for this but I brush it off by making a joke saying "someones not happy we've sold the house" There's something just not right.

Anyway sorry to go on but that's my story.

MissT

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

Hey there MissTiger,

Interesting that you mentioned work being done on the property because when I had the experience of the 'Hat Man' standing at the bottom of my bed my ex-husband (a builder) had been working on and extention to the house and the bedroom I was in was actually part of that extention. This was the same house where my youngest son experienced night-terrors.

Now this is a subject that has interested me for a long time and comes under the heading of something I call 'Molecular Disturbance' ... (without getting to technical) a brief example of what I mean by this is when the original footings of a building are disturbed by the new footings of an extention / addition to the original ... it creates a 'Molecular Disturbance' in time eg; old and new and this may allow paranormal entities to come through or even open a kind of portal that allows them to travel from one location to another (in my case from my mother's house to the house where I lived years later ... if indeed it was the same entity and not a different one of the same type).

I came up with this hypothesis when I lived in an old cottage when I first moved to North Yorkshire ... the original 'workers' cottage had been built in 1601 and an extention had been added to this in the 1960's ... upstairs there were 2 steps that lead down to the bathroom / rear bedroom (extended part of the cottage) ... and as you went down these 2 steps there was a distinct difference in energy to be felt.

Without going too far off topic I applied this theory to an idea I had about a project that I was working on involving the Gizeh Plateau in Egypt and the pyramids and potential subterraneous pyramids / tunnels that I believe exist there to fulfil the 'As Above So Below' idea (link if the subject of alternative history interests you);

theatlanteananalysis.webeden.co.uk...

The point I'm making in a nutshell ... paranormal activity often happens when old properties are being updated and I believe this is due to the Molecular Disturbance in the fabric between the two seperate times of construction ... bringing the past through to the present.

Woody

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi Woody

Thankyou for you link, I have just had a brief look at your link and it looks very interesting so will be having a closer look.

I agree with you on 'Molecular Disturbance' . It's impossible to add to or alter something without altering the energy that has already existed for many years. My last house, built in 1901, was also extended and altered and there too we experienced odd things like waking up to every kitchen cupboard door having been opened which was a normal occurrence but it felt friendly. Previous houses to that also with experiences but maybe that's because I prefer older houses as I feel new houses have no soul. I guess this is where the feeling of a place just feeling right comes from when you are looking for a new place to live, the place I'm about to buy is a style of property I said I would never live in but it just felt right the minute I walked in, it just feels like home.

What worries me now was your comment about something following you to another property, that these experiences are not specific to the houses but to us.

With regards to the hat man, I am still yet to read the other thread and peoples theories as to why he appears but after what has been said on here I now can't get the image out of my head of the characters that are in the American series Fringe which I think they call viewers or seekers!

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

No problem ... and I agree about older houses having soul

I wouldn't get freaked out about anything it's been years since my last experience with the Hat Man when I still lived in the Midlands (17yrs ago).

But I did mention in a previous post on this thread about an entity that my team and I had to deal with last year certainly seemed to be a similar type of entity (hat and cloak) but very very ancient.

Woody

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I feel like I had a similar experience but it was without the hat and cloak.

I was eight at the time and me and my friend had just gotten into a arguement. Me and him were best friends but anyways I stormed off and went to watch TV. Well while I was watching TV I got a strange feeling, like I was being watched. I turned back and saw a shadow version of my friend walking towards me.

Then it vanished and I ran and looked for my friend.

I don't remember the rest. It was a long time ago.

Either that or I dreamt it. I might make a thread about my friend some day. Seems a lot of paranormal activity happened around him. Anyways, great thread. I'll be watching.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join