It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sands of time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I would go back to the early 1800's and introduce tractors,farming equipment,and industrialization to the southern states. That way slavery would have been eliminated and the civil war would never have been fought.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i would not change one thing. i trust the mind of the universe to give me what i need..

kx

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by youknowyouknow
Nice Post...good food for thought...I for sure would be with the person about the Native Americans....oh, how different this country would be if they werent raped of everything that they knew. I know its just a matter of opinion, but there is my 2 cents.

what do you think would of changed as an whole if that would of never happened,would you had sabatoged columbus ships,lol,maybe had warned the indians not to smoke weed and eat with them,and if so,what would be diffrent today?
lol,besides thanks giving,lol

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
I would go back to the early 1800's and introduce tractors,farming equipment,and industrialization to the southern states. That way slavery would have been eliminated and the civil war would never have been fought.

Interesting ,so what would of happened if that did occur,what would have changed?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
i would not change one thing. i trust the mind of the universe to give me what i need..

kx

So since this universe operates mechanically, like a giant Coke machine in other words, where do you derive the notion from that it can think?

Maybe we can't even think. Maybe we possess limitations restricting our awareness that limits our understanding creating the perception that causes the feeling of freewill. After all the amounts of energy involved with each thought is the result of a specific amount of energy involved with the process of thought. That is the system of making any decision is dictated by the amounts of energy involved in the thought process that makes the decision making process function according to one series of functions based on that specific amount of energy that flows along in a series of inevitable function such as how a computer program works, and therefore only one selection can ever be made at a time when only x amount of energy is involved functioning the system.

Simply, x amount of energy makes B selection, but y amount of energy results in A selection. If all things that have ever occurred within this universe is the result of a finite amount of energy contained with in it linked to a single event that all chain of events are linked together through at such a single point of original action. The first action of the Big Bang like a seed that grows a giant oak tree. Then that would mean there is only one tree growing all it's branches out in all directions on inevitable paths preventing any other possibles to occur. Because there really are none. Precluding this universe as it travels through time has only one possible course for everything within it right down to every detail of thought inside a brain. A predetermined path for everything without escape because there are no other possibilities, just the illusion of there being.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i'll have a talk with Zheng He, and tell him not to return home till he finds out where the sun sleeps.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be fun to screw around with a girl named Maria approximately 9 months BC?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by purplemer

kx

So since this universe operates mechanically, like a giant Coke machine in other words, where do you derive the notion from that it can think?

Maybe we can't even think. Maybe we possess limitations restricting our awareness that limits our understanding creating the perception that causes the feeling of freewill. After all the amounts of energy involved with each thought is the result of a specific amount of energy involved with the process of thought. That is the system of making any decision is dictated by the amounts of energy involved in the thought process that makes the decision making process function according to one series of functions based on that specific amount of energy that flows along in a series of inevitable function such as how a computer program works, and therefore only one selection can ever be made at a time when only x amount of energy is involved functioning the system.

Simply, x amount of energy makes B selection, but y amount of energy results in A selection. If all things that have ever occurred within this universe is the result of a finite amount of energy contained with in it linked to a single event that all chain of events are linked together through at such a single point of original action. The first action of the Big Bang like a seed that grows a giant oak tree. Then that would mean there is only one tree growing all it's branches out in all directions on inevitable paths preventing any other possibles to occur. Because there really are none. Precluding this universe as it travels through time has only one possible course for everything within it right down to every detail of thought inside a brain. A predetermined path for everything without escape because there are no other possibilities, just the illusion of there being.

what makes you think the universe should prescribe to the simple models you use. what makes you think you can undertand the the universe with rational thought. Your view of the universe looks newtonian in nature in terms of science that is old school have a look at some of the quantam phycis that suggest i very unrational reality exists behind our simple view. A universe were notions of time and space break down. one that only exists when being obverved.
what about you. would you consider yourself a mechanic object or a process. would you consider yourself a process.
the universe really is full of wonder and inteligence and the more you trust in it the more it seems to help you. that is my personal experience anyhow.
and to me it is inteligent. even in conventional terms were does life begin and were does it end. you are a living system. the cells in your body strive for thete own existance too. what about the society we live in, would you not consider that a living system too. Where would we humans be if the earth never supplied us with oxygen and food and such. Our whole bioshpere is a living self regualating system. Again to move up a level our solar system works the same way. the sun is the power house for all life. it provides. Where would we be without the laws or habits of physics. They hold your body together and this universe and allow us to have this conversation.
Of course the universe is alive and shows a level of inteligence far greater than our own. Take it all away, Matter the lot and leave the empty thre dimensional space. can you see how profound that empty space is. the balnk canvas that allows all life to exist. can we as humans make that space. do we have any comprehension of what it is...no we dont.
really you dont have to look far to see a miracle...

and that is why i trust the universe. it has looked after me this far anyhow.

and regarding your statement about freewill.. maybe we have free will and maybe we have destiny at the same time. the best way to understand two oposing truths is to pull back. really you cannot seperate them..like day and night, they are the same energy and without one the other would cease to exist. just like the ying and yang in the tao.

kx

edit on 10-2-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Right it is all quite simple. that's the beauty of it. Let me put it in terms of distances. You have three choices. Push button A, B or C Button. Only they are not right next to each other. A is 5 miles away. B is 10 miles away and C 15 miles away. You can drive to them but there is only seven miles of gas in the tank, so the energy that you possess forces you to select button A within the seven mile range at 5 miles. Neurons function in the brain according to the amount of energy and conductibility between sender and receiver, brain chemicals. The brain structures, chemicals and current energy levels are all the result of a history of energy intake. Also any outside factors which are all traced back through the history of the Universe to a single event, the Big Bang that held x amount of energy that formed this universe only one way it could have based on that precise amount of energy. Subtract a little energy or add a little energy to the Primeval Atom, and a different course of events would had taken place from the first action of the Big Bang sequence till now. Had there been you and I would not be here. The Earth probably would not even be here nor our galaxy. However both are, and so are your mechanisms for thought which are wholly dependent on a linked chain of events that dictate what decisions you will make, what thoughts you will have next.

To answer your question, yes, I am a mechanical process. With that knowledge I now understand that free thought is an illusion bound by our perception. We don't realize the billions of sparks of electricity occurring in our brain at any given moment is the result of linked events that are dictated by amounts of energy dating all the way back to the Primeval Atom.

And the Universe is a brain dead pilot that you have in the left seat, so don't expect it to fly your plane for you. Jump behind the controls and take over. That's what the Creator expects you to do, but he has a safe guard, the craft is equip with autopilot, what I have explained. The Universe is just His lava lamp. A secure lamp because we're all so small and stuck being part of the goo we can much affect it's course, and nothing else can either. The goo that all flows according to the amount of energy that has been put into this lava lamp that is a constant amount all which is the lamp itself, so it never has to be ever plugged in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join