It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sands of time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Sands of time

People:
There’s a time in life in which every thing changes, a time in which the ripple of time it self is distorted by a thought of evolution that creates a big bang of new life inside a new time zone. I wonder what day it was that changed time ,was it, Eve and the garden story, or was it ,Hitler being born, what about Saddam Hussein ,or Osama bin laden or George bush sir and JR, lee Harvey Oswald.

If there was away that you could go back in time, what event would you change ,and how would you think the domino effect would of been better for time as we know it today.

There was also events ,events that led to the dreaded domino effect that most events do when created ,and entangled in times matrix of changing every tenth of a second with every day decisions, which leads some time to ‘DE’JAVUES’. Albert Einstein thoughts and being born led to events, if napoleon would of never been born ,then would we have known more about Egyptian secrets. ?

If eve wouldn’t of never bit the apple, would we be in sin right now ? Even if Jesus did no Judas was going to portray him, could you have found away for him to get away. Was it, martin Luther king, would you have warned him of upcoming danger ? How would you have changed the way JFK lived that day, would you have looked in the book depository first or the grassy knoll ,or if any of these guys or events ,they are just examples.

You have just opened Pandora’s box.
The box enables you to go back in time and change one event and one event only.
What do you think was the most meaningful event in history, that if you could go back in time ,would make a 190 degree impact for the good of earth and its inhabitants.

Me myself,i would of stopped the computer chip from being invented.

God warned us about the tree of knowledge and the fruit that was eaten from it,to me the apple was bitten in 1984.

The first apple Macintosh was introduced on January 24, 1984; it was the first commercially successful personal computer to feature a mouse and a graphical user interface rather than a command-line interface.[2]

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Oh mmmman I saw Predictions & Prophecies and thought yes here we go another crack pot predicting the end of the world....but no I get a smart ass with a great thought provoking question.

I think the best thing that could have happened is the Dinosaurs not being extinct.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

I would have changed the constiution of the united states of america at its foundation to prevent patents, trademarks, to create an open and transparent society fostering mass collaboration. I would have made any constituitional ammendments only possible by national referendum.

I would have made membership of political parties compulsory (as more people in parties means less concentration of power). I would have created a regular corruption safeguard test for all members sitting the senate. I could write all day on this.

Bottom line, you get the rules of society right and guiding in the right direction, you'll find society will improve and become all it can be. It comes back to the system in which we operate.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Didn't this get posted last night or something like that, but with a different title.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I own two Mac computers, a G4 and a Mini, and I find the OP's comments offensive!
No, actually, the microchip was coming one way or the other. BTW, the integrated circuit was invented in Germany in the 1920's, consisting of several components in a single glass envelope, as a radio was taxed on the basis of the number of its vacuum tubes.

Seriously, give me a time machine, and I would probably go back and take Esau, the family troublemaker, out of the equation. In all the time since, millions have taken up his offense at his brother Jacob, over the loss of the birthright and the blessing. A lot of blood has been spilled over that small thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If I could go back in time I would handle the way I broke up with one of my ex girlfriends better.

I didn't cheat on her or anything like that but I didn't do it very well and it's the only time I can think of where I have directly caused someone deep emotional pain, even if unintentionally

So I would change that
edit on 9-2-2011 by davespanners because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I would go back and help form a cohesive Native American Alliance to overcome the illegal aliens from coming over from Europe!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by superbuker

I would have changed the constiution of the united states of america at its foundation to prevent patents, trademarks, to create an open and transparent society fostering mass collaboration. I would have made any constituitional ammendments only possible by national referendum.

I would have made membership of political parties compulsory (as more people in parties means less concentration of power). I would have created a regular corruption safeguard test for all members sitting the senate. I could write all day on this.

Bottom line, you get the rules of society right and guiding in the right direction, you'll find society will improve and become all it can be. It comes back to the system in which we operate.

You forgot an amendment that simply states, "A corporation is not a human being."

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
If I could go back in time I would handle the way I broke up with one of my ex girlfriends better.

I didn't cheat on her or anything like that but I didn't do it very well and it's the only time I can think of where I have directly caused someone deep emotional pain, even if unintentionally

So I would change that

There is such a thing as having too much empathy.

Don't be a codependent.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
To those that have played the old Maxis game "Sim Earth" - you'll get this one better than those that haven't.
Basically you run a planet up until evolution has progressed far enough for "alien intervention" - known as "Monolith" (I think)
Then you picked a species of animal...fish, bird, primate, worm...whatever - and with the "Monolith" - that species became sentient (through alien intervention of course), which enabled them to build civilization and eventually rocket ship cities what would blast off to populate other worlds. I'd like to see what would happen if we'd received our "alien intervention" a couple of thousand years earlier.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
To those that have played the old Maxis game "Sim Earth" - you'll get this one better than those that haven't.
Basically you run a planet up until evolution has progressed far enough for "alien intervention" - known as "Monolith" (I think)
Then you picked a species of animal...fish, bird, primate, worm...whatever - and with the "Monolith" - that species became sentient (through alien intervention of course), which enabled them to build civilization and eventually rocket ship cities what would blast off to populate other worlds. I'd like to see what would happen if we'd received our "alien intervention" a couple of thousand years earlier.

Can you imagine if this was the spices selected? img695.imageshack.us...

Btw this is actually your alien intervention. learn.genetics.utah.edu...

www.dnalc.org...

The space ship

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

"Evidence comes from the discovery of the element beryllium-10 in the Greenland and Antarctic ice caps."

I know, it's boring, but it's the truth nonetheless.

edit on 9-2-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: Photo link wouldn't work, so I had to perform a little image shack magic.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
Oh mmmman I saw Predictions & Prophecies and thought yes here we go another crack pot predicting the end of the world....but no I get a smart ass with a great thought provoking question.

I think the best thing that could have happened is the Dinosaurs not being extinct.

Why the dinasaurs,what domino effect would that start for the better if they was here?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by superbuker

'
So say you did,what woudn't of happened today if that was done ?
Thats very interesting.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
I own two Mac computers, a G4 and a Mini, and I find the OP's comments offensive!
No, actually, the microchip was coming one way or the other. BTW, the integrated circuit was invented in Germany in the 1920's, consisting of several components in a single glass envelope, as a radio was taxed on the basis of the number of its vacuum tubes.

Seriously, give me a time machine, and I would probably go back and take Esau, the family troublemaker, out of the equation. In all the time since, millions have taken up his offense at his brother Jacob, over the loss of the birthright and the blessing. A lot of blood has been spilled over that small thing.

I looked up and read the story of Esau,and im going to keep reading.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

So I would change that

Do you think it would of changed anything personally to your future,do you wish you was still with her.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I would go back and help form a cohesive Native American Alliance to overcome the illegal aliens from coming over from Europe!

WOW,now that,is a domino changing effect of the world right there,just imagine that,that was a good one.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Nice Post...good food for thought...I for sure would be with the person about the Native Americans....oh, how different this country would be if they werent raped of everything that they knew. I know its just a matter of opinion, but there is my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision

We already went through that,it was called the computer chip,and this is what you got,the fear of machines,and what they cause.
If the computer chip was never invented,then 80% of the worlds fears would not be going on.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by superbuker

Wow your answer was way better than mine. Just shows there are some clever people here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by RANDOMguess

Why the dinasaurs,what domino effect would that start for the better if they was here?

The human race probably wouldn't be here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join