It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholics confess, forgive ALL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
this from CNN.
this is a App for your mobile phone.
you tell it the sin then confess to it.
it stores it under a pass word.
So you can commit Any crime you like!
then confess to you mobile,
do what it tells you. hail marry and pray.
and you will not be a sinner and go to heaven??
what kind of religion is catholic?
you can sin as much as you like.
just dont forget to confess.

Link
"(CNN) -- Bless me father for I have sinned. It has been 300 tweets since my last confession.

Whether you've been "borrowing" free Wi-Fi or coveting your neighbor's avatar -- or, heaven forbid, something worse -- a new mobile app is designed to help you atone for it.

Lame tech jokes aside, the makers of "Confession: A Roman Catholic App" say their software is seriously designed to help believers with the sacrament, and to help those who have left the church take a digital step back home.

Worry not, faithful Catholics: The $1.99 application, for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, is not intended to replace the confessional. Instead, it's designed to complement the act of confession, offering a "personal examination of conscience" (password-protected, of course) and a step-by-step guide to sin-confessing.

The app provides suggested acts of contrition and the "ability to add sins not listed in standard examination of conscience."

"Our desire is to invite Catholics to engage in their faith through digital technology," said Patrick Leinen, co-founder of Little iApps, developer of the Confession app.

And this one's got the church's seal of approval.

Little iApps claims "Confession" was created with the help of two Catholic priests. And it has been given the blessing of Bishop Kevin C. Rhodes of the Diocese of Fort Wayne - South Bend, Indiana -- marking the the Catholic church's first known imprimatur for a mobile app.

"Very cool; very useful," wrote Thomas Peters of catholicvote.org, an online community for Catholics. Peters praised the app as being "not like those other programs that claim to 'wash away sin' and are essentially mockeries of confession, not preparations for the sacrament."

it store your confessions!!!
so if you can hack the pops mobile,
you can see how many kinds he buggers.
must have a big memory on his mobile.
good to black mail people to.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Other christians also sin. They just don't confess it to one another.

It's even written in scriptures that if you confess to each other you will be forgiven.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So now you can confess to your sins practically by text or email? Why not just rob a bank, kill everyone inside, and send a postcard to your preist from Indonesia?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What a joke!

So let me get this straight......you text a confession into your phone.....and a app priest call center texts you back with its ok child bla bla bla?

Or are you just texting to an automated reply service.....

both lame. I hope the app is super expensive....tax for the stupid.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Exactly how useless. The people who do this give the church a bad name.

If you sin, what ever above will know, and your not going to be forgiven just by writing a text.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Catholic Church has made it quite clear in official answers to the question before, that the sacrament of reconciliation (what people conflate with "confession") cannot be administered remotely, by phone, over the internet or however. It can only be done actualy in person.

You can confess sins any way you like (and this app for the phone you are talking about is only meant to go through the process of examination of conscience and does a "walk-through" of the rite as practice for someone, so they know what to expect and how to prepare themselves), but the actual sacramental absolution is only possible in person, and the process cannot be done remotely.

Incidentally, repentence is not repentence if the confessor intends to sin again. The conditions for sacramental absolution are not met if the confessor intends to repeat a sin, or at the least intends not to try not to repeat the sin. This is different from the knowledge that one will probably commit a sin again, despite one's best efforts not to. One has to make active steps to avoid sin again. To do "all you can". Not just "all you want to".

There isn't a game of rules here. There is no "going through the motions" to achieve the effect. The sacrament requires sincerity. There is nothing cynical about the sacrament, despite what Catholic-bashers would like to sneeringly claim.

edit on 9-2-2011 by d60944 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Incidentally, repentence is not repentence if the confessor intends to sin again.

Exactly, this is something police and gov abuse, while going to mass on sunday then off to torture or kill another during the week.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Agreed; it has to be sincere and the confessor must feel genuine guilt or remorse for his or her actions or it isn't valid. The good thing about going to catholic church, you get real good at feeling guilty about pretty much everything lol.

- Dredge

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This app has the Catholic Church's blessing for Catholics ... a catholic imprimatur.
Those aren't just handed out like candy. It's been checked over.
It is NOT confession over the phone.
It's a program to help a person in the confessional.
It goes through an 'examination of conscience' with the person.
Then the person can make a better confession.

We just read about it last night.
My 14 year old daughter wants it.

I'm all for it. If it helps a person dig deeper to see what he/she is doing wrong
and to make a better confession to God ..and to help him/her be less sinful ... great.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
But just remember what ever you do is known and known for a fact, not like humans perving into your life, its known for a fact what you done and did.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
No surprise, the church is charging people to help them confess. Pretty disgusting to me that the app is anything but free. Just shows they didn't do it to really help people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I could not imagine the kind of sins that could be hacked into, someone will find a way to get someone's sins and expose them.

I can think of any number of horrid sins from our Leaders today, one of them is bound to be foolish enough to record them in some sort of absolution ritual. LOL, the next phase of exposure, a person's personal sins.

It will make it easier for Satan to capture the heart of the weary! Your service for your sins, Please!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
No surprise, the church is charging people to help them confess. Pretty disgusting to me that the app is anything but free. Just shows they didn't do it to really help people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

The app is not created, owned, or licensed by the Catholic Church. They have nothing to do with its sale or distribution. They are not selling it or making any money from it. It has nothing to do with them. They merely looked at it when asked to do so, and said "yes, that looks useful". Talk about jumping to cynical conclusions...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I saw the same misinformation on the view this morning. This app is not confession. End of story.

The app, helps people keep record of sins for when they go to confession and also provides a cliff notes version of how to get the most (spiritually) from the sacrament.

Absolution is not given via text and the app is not digital line to God. It is a tool of assistance, for those that need it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
They still get away with anything.
I am a Buddhist Pagan.
I believe that what I do, I will have to pay for.
Karma, Later in this life or a life to come.
If you kill someone.
In your next life’s. You will go thru,
Fist you will be a victim. Then the mother of the victim.
Father, wife or husband. Best friend....
You learn a hard lesson.
But you get to see what the consequences of your actions are.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Even if this a reminder of how many "sins" you have committed, if you need an app to store them, then you seriously need more than an app, maybe some medical attention. If this has nothing to do with the catholic church, then when they were asked they should have said "no comment".

Do people still have to ask what is wrong with religion?

How about this STOP DOING WRONG, or at least tone it down a bit, are people really still going to confession because they had impure thoughts? Or cursed? Why would anyone assume that if you need an app to help with confession, that you can even be trusted with the amount, or truth of what you need confession for?

Its 2011 people, cant we get it right??

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

join