It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink and White Terrace sand sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hi Ats, just came across this, thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

Priced at over $1 million, a glass of Pink and White Terraces sand is up for auction on TradeMe. “We are pretty comfortable that it is a legitimate auction,” says TradeMe spokesman Paul Ford.

This is not a vial of sand it is a very rare sample of one of the most famous natural wonders of the world.

The glass of pink sand is being sold by a Stratford seller. In answers to questions on the website, the vendor says the sand in the glass is from both the Pink and White Terraces and was collected before the 1886 Tarawera eruption which destroyed them. John, the Stratford seller, says the glass of sand was passed on by his grandmother who was more than 100 years old when she died.

Original Article
Trade Me Auction

This is currently up for auction on New Zealand trading site Trade Me, and the highest bid is currently at $1,001,700.00
Wow, I never knew this sort of stuff was valued so high. I'd love to hear your guys thoughts on this one.

-The auction is now closed and didn't sell due to not reaching the reserve price, but it'll probably be back up soon. You can still make offers though. Anyone got a lazy million lying around?

Peace 2 all

edit on 8/2/2011 by Hazz-14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join