It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Teens Killed in Mexico Triple Homicide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

I lived in El Paso for a few months, and Old Juarez is just like part of El Paso. There is the checkpoint, but otherwise, going into Juarez is a non-event. It doesn't surprise me that some teens would go to a car dealership there. Who really worries about getting gunned down in a car dealership at 4 in the afternoon? It might seem like a big deal to people who don't live in border towns, but for people that deal with it everday, Juarez and El Paso are just two sides of the same city.

I agree that high-schoolers shouldn't be over there partying it up and checking out the things that are permissable there but illegal here. That is the right of passage that we are familiar with, but the OP is just talking about car shopping.

For those that say the parents shouldn't have allowed this, I point to Natalie Holloway, and all the other incidences of foul play that are common on a daily basis. Sadly, we live in a violent world, and it isn' unique to Mexico. This shouldn't become part of an anti-Mexican movement. I wonder how many teenagers were murdered right here in the US on the same day. Probably hundreds if not thousands!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

ITS CRAP LIKE THAT which allows our government to keep getting bigger and bolder. You want to change something? Get a group of a couple hundred people with guns, cross the border and start shooting the cartels. OR better yet END THE DRUG WAR.

I agree on legalizing drugs. As for the border, there are people who have a bit more grown up approach to the matter.

...American Border Patrol is a private, non-governmental, organization with the stated purpose of informing Americans about the border. It is known for using small, radio-controlled aircraft and ground sensing equipment to track illegal immigrants, and then relaying that information to the US Border Patrol.... www.mauricesherif.com...

The US Government response:

While Minuteman civilian patrols are keeping an eye out for illegal border crossers, the U.S. Border Patrol is keeping an eye out for Minutemen - and telling the Mexican government where they are.

According to three documents on the Mexican Secretary of Foreign Relations Web site, the U.S. Border Patrol is to notify the Mexican government.... www.highbeam.com...

Administration Will Cut Border Patrol Deployed on U.S-Mexico Border
The Border Patrol confirmed this week that it is planning for a net decrease of 384 agents on the U.S.-Mexico border in fiscal 2010, which begins on October 1 www.cnsnews.com...

Other Border fence groups: www.minutemanhq.com...

If you really want to get sick read the Patriot Act. The Canadian border defense is laid out in detail but there is not one word about the Mexican Border!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here's a news video update on this situation; it answers a lot of questions posed in this thread. Thank you for the comments posted so far. I guess one final question might be, if these had been your kids who were killed in this tragedy, what would you being doing right now?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

edit on 8/2/11 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join