It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich Wants 'Missing' Phone Calls Recovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Blagojevich Wants 'Missing' Phone Calls Recovered

www.nbcchicago.com

Attorneys for former governor Rod Blagojevich have asked a federal judge to order prosecutors to produce two phone calls his lawyers say are mysteriously missing from evidence.
In a motion filed overnight, Blagojevich's attorneys say the calls would support the former governor's contention that he is innocent of charges alleging he attempted to sell Barack Obama's U.S. Senate seat after the November 2008 election.
While much of the motion is blacked out to comply with orders that the conversations remain under seal, it appears at least one of the alleged conversations was between then Chi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is just par for the course of this whole fiasco. I am surprised there wasn't a few suicides already. Rahm Emanuel is involved and seems to be hiding his involvement at least as far as evidence goes. But with the Back room deals that have happened in the Obama administration, it seems that it's just and SOP in Chicago politics. I just wonder, do the people of Chicago even notice how blatantly criminal their politics look to the outside world?

www.nbcchicago.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2011 by network dude because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I just wonder, do the people of Chicago even notice how blatantly criminal their politics look to the outside world?

They just don't care what it looks like to everyone else. It's an absolutely insane situation where this guy can lie through his teeth to the world and get away with it. It's happening more and more too. Look at the governor of Florida who was just elected even though he was guilty of all kinds of fraud. You'll never hear about that though. You'll only see his phony grinning face. It's amazing.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's amazing the blatant corruption we see going on right before our eyes. Here it is out in the open, first with the decision to have him off the ballot over turned for an obvious political favor and now this? How can the media or whoever pretend that this doesn't exist? These are the kind of stories I read or hear that frustrate me possibly more than many other issues and problems we have.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
at what point does someone raise up the BS flag? How much more of this stuff is going to happen before this administration is called out? I am not being all dem vs. repub, this is pure BS on any scale. Back in the cold war, this stuff would never make it to the news and everyone was blissfully ignorant. Now we get to hear about the poor DC madame who killed herself in her mom's Florida shed before she was able to testify against DC power players. Evidence can be erased in a prime criminal investigation, Obama invites everyone who opposes his health care bill to private closed door meetings, and they emerge with a yes vote. WTF?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I saw this on the morning news and immediately thought "oh how convenient" the only calls missing where Emanuel's interesting. I think he was hoping to avoid people remembering his involvement with our disgraced governor weeks before the mayoral election. I also think that it backfired (or at least hope so) nothing screams guilty, conspiracy, cover up than tampering with evidence.

There is no one else that would benefit from these missing calls, even if it directly pointed the finger at Obama, he could always pretend to not know what Rahm was up to and throw him under the bus.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Plenty of Chicagoans realize how corrupt and screwed up things are in our politics. Many of us live in the suburbs now, however, so can't affect something like the mayoral election. Once upon a time I used to live in one of the worst of the corruption zones: the 5th District, back when it was the throne of Rostenkowski. Ahh memories!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

maybe there is nothing that residents can do about it, but it's just so "in your face" that it's hard to believe it real life and not some B rated movie with a weak plot. They have gotten so lazy, they won't even try to hide this stuff anymore.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What I find troublesome is that if they're doing this and getting away with it, how hard or easy would it be for them to fabricate evidence? In other words plant evidence perhaps to make someone appear guilty? It's their word against ours and you know how that will go..

new topics

top topics

join