It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt revolution goes into overdrive.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've been following the revolution pretty closely since it started. For the last few days there has been a lull with nothing really happening. People have been protesting by the hundreds of thousands but the dictator guy is still in power.

I think this all changed when they let Wael Ghonim a google employee out of prison today. Apparently he is the one that made the facebook page to start this whole revolution thing. He was arrested for the last 12 days.

They decided to release him today and after an interview on local egyptian Tv, he won the hearts of just about everyone watching. From what I see on twitter, people who were on the fence are now joining the protesters after watching his interview. His facebook fan pages are getting hundreds of new fans every minute or 2.

Anyways, I think the next plan of action will be to take over the state TV station tomorrow. (apparently its even worse than fox) Should be a fun day.

(or I could be wrong?)

EDIT: interview can be found here with english subtitles: I haven't seen it yet watching now. EDIT AGAIN: Be sure to click part 2.

egypt.alive.in...
edit on 7-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Good luck and Godspeed to the people of Egypt.
Let's pray they can find someone worthy of them, although history and my gut tell me different.
Sometimes, just sometimes i wanna be wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

You're there in Egypt? Woe! that must be an adventure?
Are you stuck there? Llve there? or what?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No I'm not there. Although following twitter alot makes you feel like you're there.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think the biggest mistake the protesters made is not to have taken down the government in the opening days of the protest. The longer it drags out the more I think it will favor the Government.

Just my 2cents

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree, they put all their energy into securing the square and turning it into a woodstock festival. Meanwhile Cairo has gone back to work.
I know most of these people wont stop, cause they figure if they stop they will be hunted down one by one.

We'll see what happens in the next day or 2. They need to stir things up.

new topics

top topics

join