It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the moon a collection of alien objects ? How do you like your moon sir ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Will Egypt ever be free... doubt it ...ancient american indians recond the moon had soul stealers living there
...pass the death ray will. ya

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
medium-rare, with cheese and bacon, pretty please.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorkiSpaceDuck
ancient american indians recond the moon had soul stealers living there

Could you prove a link something that shows a native American myth about that?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
what is this thread about other than to warn people off drugs

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Any links to the native american myth? also do you know what tribe believed this?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

actually heard that from stormy on Godlikeproductions.com (recently deceased) will look on the net do have something on cherokee indian alphabet here
www.freedrive.com...
www.freedrive.com...
edit on 7-2-2011 by NorkiSpaceDuck because: typo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NorkiSpaceDuck

It is the size of a planet...unusual for a moon

It always has it's back to us...a revolutionary pattern also very unusual

It was not always there. It supposedly is a part broken off or something like that. Other broken pieces formed the milky way.

And yet it controls the tides and movements of peoples.

Has an effect on the waters of the planet.
Since we are 95% water we often see or display odd behaviour on or near the full moons.

One of the astronauts is quoted in a description that suggested to many conspirists the moon was hollow.
After dropping a gigantic object accidentally hitting the moons surface he said "it clanged like a bell."

It is beautiful but I think it is some sort of remote station from which to observe us and refuel before cruising the planet. Sort of like "customs."

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i can say only one thing

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
what is this thread about other than to warn people off drugs

you took the words lol

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Agreed. Seems like nonsense to me!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NorkiSpaceDuck

GLP is back up any chance you could find the thread?

edit on 7-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Oh, dear....before this spins out of control....a few corrections are required:

NO, not unusual at all.

Several moons are larger than the planet Pluto and two moons are larger than the planet Mercury.

www.spacetoday.org...

It doesn't have a "back"....and, no NOT unusual at all, in our Solar System, to be gravitationally locked:

List of known tidally locked bodies in our Solar System.

It was not always there. It supposedly is a part broken off or something like that. Other broken pieces formed the milky way.

Incorrect. And, the "milky way" IS our own Galaxy. Hundreds of billions of STARS make up our Galaxy....not "broken pieces" of the Moon!!

Since we are 95% water we often see or display odd behaviour on or near the full moons.

Urban legends, only. NO scientific basis.

One of the astronauts is quoted in a description that suggested to many conspirists the moon was hollow.
After dropping a gigantic object accidentally hitting the moons surface he said "it clanged like a bell."

WAY incorrect. THIS is an example of how ignorance is spread.

Seismic studies of spacecraft impacts, after the Astronauts positions seismometers on the surface, found that the reverberations lasted longer than predicted. The (unfortunate) phrase "rang like a bell" was a simile, only. Solid objects can, also, reverberate!!

It is beautiful but I think it is some sort of remote station from which to observe us....

Well....not in the way you think.

If the United States doesn't get its act together, the ones who may soon be "observing us" from "up there" will be the CHINESE!!

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

was in voice chat unfortunatly try get her there she prowls >>>>>stormy

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

NO, not unusual at all.

Several moons are larger than the planet Pluto and two moons are larger than the planet Mercury.

www.spacetoday.org...

Pluto isn't a planet. It'd been reclassified. It 'may' have been a moon itself.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Yes.....technically, when they re-classified it ("re-designated"?) they assigned the term "dwarf" planet.

But, since I used an outside source reference, I just repeated it as published. Either they chose not to update to add the new term, "dwarf"....or, they just accepted that it is still, a "planet" in at least a broader sense. Plus, there are still a lot of people unhappy and arguing about the "change" in designation....

Regardless, Pluto was relegated to that status due solely to its size.

Whether or not it once WAS a moon, of another one of our planets? (Uranus, maybe?? That planet's axis is quite oddly oriented to the rest of the Solar System plane, and thus its own orbital path. Suggesting a possible violent encounter, at some point long ago. IF Pluto had been a moon of Uranus, that could possibly explain ITS eccentric orbit, as well).

Could be, could be.... but doesn't really change much of the point, there. When you consider the relative sizes of those OTHER moons.......and, Mercury. Still holding the uncontroversial title of "planet"....despite Ganymede being quite hefty......

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Could be, could be.... but doesn't really change much of the point, there. When you consider the relative sizes of those OTHER moons.......and, Mercury. Still holding the uncontroversial title of "planet"....despite Ganymede being quite hefty......

The Moon (Earth's) is really quite unique. In terms of its size relative to Earth it is very close. The other planets have moons with a much smaller relative size to their parent planets.

Earth Diameter:12,756 km
Moon Diameter: 3,476 km (27.25% of Earth's)

Jupiter Diameter: 142,800 km
Ganymede Diameter: 5,262 km (only 3.65% of Jupiter's)

So you see, although Ganymede appears very large, it is tiny relative to it's parent planet. Earth's Moon, despite being smaller, is very large relative to it's parent planet. If you compare other statistics like masses you get similar results.

In fact, our Moon is so unique, you could say that we actually live in a binary planetary system and the Moon is our sister planet.

There is a fascinating book called Who Built the Moon?. While you may disagree with the authors (Chris Knight and Alan Butler) they uncovered a fascinating array of incredible 'coincidences'.

On... investigation, they found a consistent sequence of beautiful integer numbers when looking at every major aspect of the Moon, while no pattern emerges for any other planet or moon in our solar system. For example, the Moon revolves at exactly one hundredth of the speed that the Earth turns on its axis; moreover, the Moon is exactly 400 times smaller than the Sun and 400 times closer to the Earth.
www.amazon.co.uk...

These relationships are not found with the other moons as far as I am aware. So, while I have no idea whether this has anything at all to do with UFOs and aliens, I don't think it is a matter to be dismissed out of hand. If you pay any serious amount of open minded effort looking at the Moon, you are unlikely to maintain that it is not unique for very long...

According to NEIL F. COMINS, a professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Maine:-

"What if the Moon didn't exist?''
1. The day would be eight hours long.
2. The winds would be much stronger.
3. Complex life might not exist yet.
4. When life did arrive, it would have a different biology.
What if the Moon Didn't Exist

So why have we 'never' been back to the Moon?

Have a listen to the astronauts talking at 3m05s

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Sorry but.......while it IS true (and somewhat interesting) that we can consider the Earth/Moon system to be a type of "double planet", it really may not be any more significant than that.

I know of the many hypothesis about the Moon's stabilizing influence, and thus a possible beneficial nature, in terms of life developing on Earth. The fact that Earth would have (did have) a faster rotation period billions of years ago, and that it has slowed to present-day merely is the physics of orbital dynamics, and conservation of angular momentum....as the Moon, in its orbit, has "robbed" some rotational energy from Earth, slowing Earth down, and causing the Moon to gradually spiral outward.

Eventually....a billion or two maybe...the Moon and Earth will be tidally locked. The two have been in a dynamic orbital "dance" for over four billion years. It's pure chance that WE evolved, at this present epoch. Had we evolved a billion years ago, then none of these "relationships" would be the same. BTW, Mars rotates on ITS axis once about every 24 hours....one Mars "sol" is only a 37 minutes longer than a typical Earth day.

Mercury and Venus, being numbers 1 and 2 from the Sun, exhibit, by this point in the life of the Solar System, signs of tidal locking already, with the Sun....though, it's not exact. BUT, this is thought to be a consequence of various factors, all gravitationally related. And, of course, occurring over a great deal of time.

Anyway....although the Moon's influence is interesting, and the phenomenon of tides certainly contributed to some aspects of evolution, and life development....if the Moon had never formed, then who knows? Still could have evolved life, just different perhaps. Presuming some intelligence came to be, maybe they'd look around, and think "Well, lucky WE don't have a moon!! Otherwise, I bet we would never have evolved!"

See, some tend to put the cart before the horse, and use fallacious 'reasoning' at times.

Similarly, if a sentient species were on, say...Europa....then they might look up at Jupiter, in their sky, and think that only having a gas giant to orbit around was beneficial for their evolution and coming to be....another fallacy, obviously.

So, the "Who Built the Moon" is pure fantasy and rather fanciful speculation. Not much based on science.

Oh, and the videos??? Come on....the first one, with old (contemporary, present-day) Neil Armstrong is taken so ut of context, it is amazing what some people try to read into it. Dontcha think, maybe, his emotion is because of the poor record of the United States, dropping the ball in space exploration? It is the fault of short-sighted politicians, and the people too, that they serve. The people who those politicians count on to get re-elected....no vision beyond the tips of their noses, usually.

FINALLY....that last video? What a joke!!! Please tell me you didn't really believe that crap??

The part where you say "listen starting at 3:05"....totally bogus, man!!! Not even a good fake! The friggin' voices change! And....well, the dialogue is so bad.....worse than any "B" Hollywood schlock low-budget movie!! That is NOT how Mission Control and the Astronauts communicated!! Listen up, to some REAL examples....both back then, and today.

Seriously....what country is responsible for that video travesty?? Spain, or Mexico??

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

So, the "Who Built the Moon" is pure fantasy and rather fanciful speculation. Not much based on science.

I think the concluding third of the book is fanciful speculation. If I remember correctly, the authors conclude that time travelling humans from the future built it as a message to our present selves!? The mysteries of the moon described in the rest of the book are fascinating and real, whatever they actually mean (if anything).

The videos? I was being a bit naughty here (sorry OP and mods.) I love the Armstrong one. Normally guaranteed to give any thread a kick start. Truths protective layer.... What could he mean? The last one. Fake (probably) or not, it makes me laugh and frequently gets blood boiling

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I love the Armstrong one. Normally guaranteed to give any thread a kick start. Truths protective layer.... What could he mean...

Problem is, it was the crap innuendo by that jackass Bart Sibrel (that IS an excerpt from his "pseudo"-mentary piece of garbage "film"....).

Singling out the phrase "...truth's protective layers." means absolutely diddly-squat. Listen to the ENTIRE context of the words said before, and after that part.

Here, the final few sentences:

..."To you we say we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers. There are many places to go beyond belief. Those challenges are yours--in many fields, not the least of which is space, because there lies human destiny."

Seems it really just means that we have to dig to find answers to questions. The truth is there all around us. The truth about the Moon's origin, for example, has existed for billions of years. In order to find it we had to undergo a long and difficult process of extracting that truth.

His way of saying that knowledge isn't easy, that it isn't just presented to us, on a silver platter. We have to work for it and peel back the layers to uncover the reality underneath. The conspiracy theorists think he is making some oblique reference to the 'truth' that the Moon landings were faked, or that "aliens warned us away"
but that is just desperate grasping at straws. He ENDS it with ".....space, because there lies human destiny.", for cripes sake!!

Sorry....but, in context (and absent that moronic pest Bart Sibrel's loaded innuendo spewing) it is really just a heartfelt bit of reminiscence, nostalgia. Age, and the fact that it's not available to him, anymore, can be emotional.

Oh, and the silliness of the aliens "warning us away"?? Ummmm....huh? There were six more manned missions, after Apollo 11!! 13 didn't land, of course. Oh, and also....why does everyone forget about Apollo 8? Surely, if there was going to be a "warning", would have occurred then, or shortly afterwards, right??

edit on 7 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by rusethorcain

Oh, dear....before this spins out of control....a few corrections are required:

NO, not unusual at all.

It doesn't have a "back"....and, no NOT unusual at all, in our Solar System, to be gravitationally locked:

Incorrect. And, the "milky way" IS our own Galaxy. Hundreds of billions of STARS make up our Galaxy....not "broken pieces" of the Moon!!

Urban legends, only. NO scientific basis.

One of the astronauts is quoted in a description that suggested to many conspirists the moon was hollow. After dropping a gigantic object accidentally hitting the moons surface he said "it clanged like a bell."

WAY incorrect. THIS is an example of how ignorance is spread.
Seismic studies of spacecraft impacts, after the Astronauts positions seismometers on the surface, found that the reverberations lasted longer than predicted. The (unfortunate) phrase "rang like a bell" was a simile, only. Solid objects can, also, reverberate!!

It is beautiful but I think it is some sort of remote station from which to observe us....

Well....not in the way you think.
If the United States doesn't get its act together, the ones who may soon be "observing us" from "up there" will be the CHINESE!!

Oh dear...Perhaps this will be all "news to you" then...

6. Yeah bash China, like you don't ever go to Walmart.
Maybe you should stick to mowing laws. No offense.

1. Show me another planet who's moon is 1/4 the size of the planet itself.
Not saying you won't find one I am saying it is very uncommon...most unusual. Keeping in mind Pluto is no longer classified as a planet. I know..."you didn't know that either" no prob. Let's just don't mislead people - the size of this satellite of ours IS odd. en.wikipedia.org...

There has been some debate in the past on precisely where to draw the line between a double-planet and a planet-moon system. In most cases, this is not an issue because the satellite has a small mass relative to its host planet. In particular, with the exception of the Earth-Moon and Pluto-Charon systems, all satellites in our Solar System have masses less than 0.00025 (1⁄4000) the mass of the host planet or dwarf planet. On the other hand, the Moon to Earth mass ratio is 0.01230 (≈ 1⁄81), while the Charon to Pluto mass ratio is 0.117 (≈ 1⁄9).

2. www.moonconnection.com...

From Earth, we always see the same side of the moon; the other side is always hidden.

Although there have been many discussions about how the moon was formed, the theory that most people accept is debris from a massive collision with the Earth, about 45 billion years ago caused the formation (of the moon)

And the rest of the debris formed our galaxy the Milky Way.
I should just let a few more sheep give you stars before I provide apparently new info to you and the herd. I will return with more...this is only with a 10 minute search.

4. You ever hear of the tides? They rise and fall according to the moon. Pick up an Almanac. Regarding whether or not it affects the people, this is debatable but there is strong empirical evidence it does. Evidence not at my fingertips though I will be glad to research it for you.

5. This is from NASA in Popular Science prior to Apollo 13

...Apollo 12 experiment of crashing the empty 2 and a 1/2 ton ascent stage of it's Lunar Module on the lunar surface...The moon rang like a bell for nearly an hour

books.google.com... H4LZnt8&hl=en&ei=GkpRTaCKBougtwfitqmkCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q&f=false
edit on 8-2-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join