It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Super Rich at Davos: 40 years of disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hi, I've been lurking around the ATS forums for quite a while but now I've decided to contribute in a more positive way. I would like you guys to read this surprising article that I've read in Market Watch (Wall Street Journal). For me, the author and the journal in which this article was published, are the surprising factors. We are talking about the Wall Street Journal a mainstream well acknowlodged news agency and not some shady website.

Davos 40 years of disaster

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the share, really quite an interesting read. The winds of change are blowing people, can you not feel it? More people are catching on to the indignity that defines the world elite

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xenofonte

Wow. That article is very in-your-face and very to the point. Although the author doesn't come right out and say it, he is calling for revolution.

Freeland summarizes: “The real threat facing the super-elite, at home and abroad, isn’t modestly higher taxes, but rather the possibility that inchoate public rage could cohere into a more concrete populist agenda — that, for instance, middle-class Americans could conclude that the world economy isn’t working for them and decide that protectionism or truly punitive taxation is preferable.”

Or a revolution.

I do think it's only a matter of time before the U.S. is experiencing the type of rioting that Egypt is experiencing right now.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
wait for it ....wait for it

fuel cost will rise along with the Foodies ....and only then will the fun begin

I have already seen the price in milk & eggs go up almost $1. whole dollar in the past month....

organic whole milk was $3.49 now $4.49

how many people are gonna pay $6.00 a gallon for milk

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You do not become rich and powerful through doing the decent thing. www.wallstreetsurvivor.com... . I would not be surprised if these revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt and a few other little ones are just the start to unsettle this imbalance and return some integrity into the financial system. There are a lot pressures and strains going on around the world and keeping up the corruption only makes it a matter of time until people have no more to lost and change the rules.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I feel sickened inside, it is a slap in the face article and it really hurts to know about these people and that there are small children in our World that are not wanting anything more than the comfort of their families in a home and a warm belly full of food. Is it so difficult to not know this?

We have truly failed as a Species because we have people that are not Human that control such matters. I suspected along with most that the end will hurt, but it hurts worse when we read such ridiculousness on behalf of a very few. May GOD truly have Mercy on us all!

I am saying a Prayer for myself now because now I have a feeling of anger and fear that is welling in me. I pray that I can overcome such Hatred, such Evil, because I know that during this time of Acceleration of Spirit I should be focusing on Goodness not this; yet, I know that if I do not encompass this sickness and allow it to flow within me, if I do not let the tears flow within me then I would have failed as a member of the Human Existence blindly walking about with flowers in my hair. It hurts my Soul so terribly that I can barely control it.

Forgive me for feeling such horrible thoughts, forgive me for feeling true hatred, forgive me for not being able to help make this stop. Forgive us all!
edit on 2/7/2011 by Greensage because: simple spelling error

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

It appears that people are willing to put up with a lot. As long as they have food and water, they are relatively happy. Start taking those away or making them impossible to buy and the fun will begin o_O

top topics

join