It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosses Move 'Haunted' Theme Park Ride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Bosses Move Haunted Theme Park Ride After Mysterious Goings On

Bosses at a Surrey theme park have relocated one of its new rides after workers reported ghostly goings-on at the site. Staff building the water ride at Thorpe Park said they had encounted several strange phenomena, including what appeared to be a headless monk.

Turns out it may have been built on a burial site (results pending). Not necessarily saying I buy into the story, but it made for interesting reading nonetheless

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's actually kinda sad to me. An ancient burial ground uprooted to give people some silly fun in a water park. Just sad. I don't have more to add, but yeah interesting to read.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I think they're moving the ride, not the burial ground, and perhaps they were unaware when the ride was first built that the burial ground was there

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It's quite amusing when you think about it , it's not so long ago that the haunted house ride at Alton towers was closed for a short time due to an apparant haunting , no proof was found , then there was teh incident of the saw ride being closed for a short time at Thorpe Park , and now we have the Strom surge builders considering moving it due to the possibilty of it also being haunted.

To be honest it sounds to me as though someone maybe looking for some attention, could be part of a very good marketing scheme .

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
It's actually kinda sad to me. An ancient burial ground uprooted to give people some silly fun in a water park. Just sad. I don't have more to add, but yeah interesting to read.

How do you know that the developer even knew it was there? Cmon.....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Perhaps I misunderstood the article... I don't read too carefully sometimes. I thought the ride was built on the burial ground and they knew it, I would think there would be some signs when excavating for it to be built, and decided to move the ride when they realized it was haunted.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am so glad they chose to relocate the ride. I doubt if they would have kept it in that location that anything good could have come of it. Wise decision on their part not to pi$$ the spirits off. Who knows there might have been some deadly accidents if they had kept the ride there? Creepy story nonetheless. Thanks for posting.
edit on 11-2-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I can see the up and coming amusements parks built around suposedly haunted areas. With those interested in the paranomal this could be a big thing.

I have been to a lot of amusement parks in areas of the US - some old and run down - they look as it they could easily be haunted.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1972ian

Indeed Mr Ian

This is blatantly a promotional press release to let people know about the new ride and we all know that every good press release needs a good angle.
The haunted angle seems to be a common one in the theme park business, maybe they are all employing the same agency

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Even if a publicity stunt its pretty exciting for the kids. Hear them begging their parents to take them to the haunted roller coaster

I remember that feeling of being scared of something
when young - fun!

new topics

top topics

join