It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oh give me a break.
Sounds like people need to start caring about their own problems and not worry so much about everyone else. Or stop being offended for everyone else.

How about a boycott of San Fransisco? You know, since they support the gay lifestyle?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I just think that sums up religion as a whole really.

A group of people will eat whatever a member of there group tells them to despite the fact that it might kill them and cause serious health problems.

It's sad yet alot more funny then it is said. It's like Dawkins and Tyson don't even have to try educate the christian because they'll just eat themselves out of existence.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Gonna turn into another gay rights thread in 5,4,3,2,..........................
Ah well, another offended small minded group will blow this up into another star fest for each other.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Ah well, another offended small minded group will blow this up into another star fest for each other.

I'm not gay. I am a 65 year old female who grew up with a divorced disabled mother.

I've experienced gender and disabled inequality.

Any business that has a belief system attached to it - - and that belief promotes discrimination and prejudice - - needs to be brought to Public Knowledge.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

It has been public knowledge for as long as they ha e been in business.

It is plastered all over the store.

And yet their business is thriving.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

It is their moneys and food. They decide what to do with it. They are not the government. They are a private business doing what they please with their resources.

What is ridiculous is that one can be offended by a simple lunch for a conference.

Also, most religions teach one to love their neighbors as themselves, the opposite of inequality.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

I'm not gay. I am a 65 year old female who grew up with a divorced disabled mother.

I've experienced gender and disabled inequality.

Any business that has a belief system attached to it - - and that belief promotes discrimination and prejudice - - needs to be brought to Public Knowledge.

As I am well aware, you point it out in every thread like this............The fact is that thin skinned people seem to want to rule the world and bend it to thier rule..........not gonna happen. Do you really think they care about what you think? They have done just fine in business.........without your input.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No Annie, I do not speak for you. I speak for my own observations.

If Chick-Fil-A were some little obscure hole-in-the-wall that was barely escaping bankruptcy, would you care? No.

But Chick-Fil-A is a successful, growing, prosperous company. Therefore you care. You believe that Chick-Fil-A would be a better company if they ran the way you want them to.

You want to tell successful companies how to run their business; you do not do the same for unsuccessful ones. Otherwise, how is it I have never heard you complain once about "Mabel's Beauty Shop and Chainsaw Repair"? I am sure they could use the benefit of your wisdom, since their building last time I looked was about to fall down and there were few vehicles in their parking lot.

(Yes, these is - was anyway - such a business located on the edge of downtown Birmingham AL)

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
...lots of businesses advertise the owner's religion... some are more subtle than others... san antonio hobby lobbys have a little sign on their front doors that says closed on sunday so employees can worship with their family... their biz - their call...

...i frequent a little mom&pop cafe that serves REAL mexican food (not texmex, not bordermex) and the employees frequently "cross" themselves (in the catholic fashion) and make religious references in their conversations... theres also a lot of catholic art / symbols on the walls... i dont care... the cafe is sparkling clean, the service is impeccable and the food is awesome... thats all that matters to me...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I commend Chick-Fil-A on their decision.

Before Sam Walton died, Wal-Mart did the same thing.

Then they started opening short hours on Sunday.

Then the SuperCenters started them 24/7.

Causing OTHERS to remain open on Sunday to compete.

Oh well, the good guys can't get a break. Unless they stick to their guns, provide a good product at a good price.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Annee

No Annie, I do not speak for you. I speak for my own observations.

If Chick-Fil-A were some little obscure hole-in-the-wall that was barely escaping bankruptcy, would you care? No.

But Chick-Fil-A is a successful, growing, prosperous company. Therefore you care. You believe that Chick-Fil-A would be a better company if they ran the way you want them to.

Uh huh - - you are not trying to speak for me.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My bet is that Chick-fil-A is corporately owned by by a bunch of savvy marketing Jewish businessmen, That know how to advertise to a specific demographic that is shall we say....gullible. It's happened before!
edit on 6-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
I commend Chick-Fil-A on their decision.

Before Sam Walton died, Wal-Mart did the same thing.

Then they started opening short hours on Sunday.

Then the SuperCenters started them 24/7.

Causing OTHERS to remain open on Sunday to compete.

Oh well, the good guys can't get a break. Unless they stick to their guns, provide a good product at a good price.

Not everybody worships or worships on Sunday.

I live near a military base. Walmart being open 24/7 is a blessing to those who do not have 9-5 jobs.

I'm from a time when businesses closed on Sunday - - and many on Saturday - - and banks were only open to 3 weekdays.

You have no idea what you take for granted today.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Annee

It is their moneys and food. They decide what to do with it. They are not the government. They are a private business doing what they please with their resources.

That is what really get to groups like LGBT. They cannot demand the government do something, like they did for the repeal of California Proposition 8 after it passed legally by the people of California. Their boycott won't even be noticeable to Chick-fil-A, which they know and hate.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Annee

That is what really get to groups like LGBT. They cannot demand the government do something, like they did for the repeal of California Proposition 8 after it passed legally by the people of California. Their boycott won't even be noticeable to Chick-fil-A, which they know and hate.

Very presumptuous comment.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Very presumptuous comment.

Thank you. And I'm sure I'm the only one on this thread who has posted a presumptuous comment, right?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This all seems rather straight-forward to me:

Private businesses have the right to donate to any organisation or group that they wish to.

Customers have the right to not patronise any business that they may object to.

Sounds fair enough to me. Everybody's happy with the compromise, and neither business nor customer are forced to do anything that goes against their will or beliefs.

I don't see what's the problem here.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I went into a Chick-fil-A fast food restaurant once as I got a bunch of coupons in the mail.

All the food offered was BROWN. Not surprising why it is so appealing to some. Not to me....
...even with the coupons.

edit on 6-2-2011 by whaaa because: dxftyr67rhg

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No, you have no idea what you take for granted today, so don't even go there.

Maybe you don't worship on Sunday, but Truett Cathy does, and Sam Walton did, and a lot of other folks do.

If it's their company - they can do what they damn well please.

Only after Sam Walton died, did the management find the balls to go to Sunday opening. Because HE didn't like it, nor allow it. He wanted his employees to be able to go to church on Sunday.

Just like Truett Cathy of Chick-Fil-A.

Fact.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Sounds fair enough to me. Everybody's happy with the compromise, and neither business nor customer are forced to do anything that goes against their will or beliefs.

I don't see what's the problem here.

I agree. But - if the KKK had a business and was funding dinners for people who supported their belief.

I think the public has a right to know - - and decide if they want to support that business or not. Especially if proceeds from that business are being used to promote the KKK belief?
edit on 6-2-2011 by Annee because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join