It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Film Footage of Remote Amazon Rainforest Tribe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The footage was filmed by the BBC's Human Planet series shows a tribe known as the Panoan Indians who live in virtual isolation from the outside world .
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/428d4f19b728.jpg[/atsimg]

The first film of the tribe

The team needed too get footage of the tribe as proof of their existence so as the government could protect them from logging and mining operations , its heartening to see them use such an unobtrusive way of getting the evidence .
I have to admit to feeling slightly envious of the tribe , they have the freedom and simplicity of existence that most of us dream of .

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
S&F

I just hope they treat them with respect and leave them and their environment alone.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I saw something like this a few years back , the Amazon tribe started throwing spears at the helicopter because they never seen nothing like that before. That's what the reporter said during the filming.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I remember seeing pictures of this tribe a while back and stumbled across this video a few days ago.

The thing that stood out to me was the last thing said on the video that " They're the last free people on this planet" When you think about it that is so true and kind of sad that as soon as you step into society you are no longer a free being.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Been posted many times here on ats.

I wonder how they live without green paper with numbers printed on it?????

And don't you know there are visitors to our habitat that are documenting proof that WE exist and taking said proof to a high council and demanding that all operations cease on this planet? Claiming we are in a critical stage in our development and to clear cut the planet for mining operations would be unethincal to the "indiginous tribes" on this planet.

I wonder if "WE" look that blissfully ignorant as we look up to see the shiny disk shaped craft that they use to film us with?
edit on 6-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Amazing stuff. Wonder what's going through their minds as they're looking up.

Probably similar to what we would be thinking if we saw a clear UFO in broad daylight!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I hope the the way of life of these types of tribes all over the world can be preserved. There are so many types of people and ways of living in the world. None is better than the other. I LOVE their simplicity......its very human.
edit on 6-2-2011 by liveyourlife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Oh I know exactly how they feel. I personally witnessed a UFO in broad daylight about 75 yards away. My mind raced trying to identify what it could be, but to no avail. This story reminds me of a children book I read several years ago about the Christian missionaries that were killed by a tribe similar to this. I think it was called The Yellow Woodbee. A very interesting insight to the mind of the tribe. Sadly they were converted to Christianity and then assimilated into modern culture.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here for more: www.uncontactedtribes.org...

Is this the same tribe that was on the pictures José Carlos Meirelles used to hoax the world press in 2008?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

They are not totally isolated...
In this picture: note the tin pan and the machete!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
The thing that stood out to me was the last thing said on the video that " They're the last free people on this planet" When you think about it that is so true and kind of sad that as soon as you step into society you are no longer a free being.

I wouldn't worry much about that. If they've only just been found then there is no way to know for sure that they are indeed "the last free people on this planet". Only that they are the first of the last that we have found. It also means that we have not charted every square inch of this planet.

Also, it is indicative that we still have unexplored territory that we should possibly stay away from. This is just my opinion of course.

I do agree of course that it is a sadening situation.
edit on 6-2-2011 by csimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiel

That's why I said they lived in virtual isolation

With the rate of deforestation in the Amazon Rain-forest I would expect that most , if not all the indigenous tribes have had some kind of contact .

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't know, but I am half tempted to go there and convince them I am their god and tell them they should resist any attempts to change their life style, from foreigners.

Those people have more of a right to their culture, than any government has for what ever nefarious reasons they can concoct. I would go to those people as a war god, and help them fight against any intrusion.

FTW!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hoax- debunked many times

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In the pic it looks like their feet are wider at the toes than usual human feet. I suppose that is an evolutionary feature that helps them in the environment in which they survive. Even the children have very wide forefeet.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sjorges2002

Would you like to provide some links to back up your claim of hoax?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It's not a hoax.

I already posted about this video and why it's not a hoax in this thread.

Yet look through it and you'll see I still got a bunch of responses yelling hoax. People have amazing attention spans

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Too bad, these people will be dead soon enough. Did everyone here forget that a giant dam is being built that will flood out a massive portion of the rainforest?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This kind of makes you think..

Maybe those tribes would love to see all the wonders of technology we have right now, but could never understand any of it.

Maybe that's what earth is and why we haven't been contacted.. we aren't ready for it yet.

or

quote from OP's vid:
"It's important for humanity these people exist. They remind us it's possible...
They are the last free people on the planet"

As much as some hate our planet, maybe there are ET's that have left us alone because everything else is much much worse out there than what we have here on earth. We could be lucky and not even know it.

edit:
hoax? uhh how about do some reading. this is not a hoax
edit on 6-2-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join