It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

35 animals freeze to death at zoo in northern Mexico as frigid weather grips region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
More animal causualties, this time from the cold.

Thirty-five animals at a zoo in the northern Mexico state of Chihuahua have frozen to death during the region's coldest weather in six decades.

Serengeti Zoo owner Alberto Hernandez says 14 parrots, 13 serpents, five iguanas, two crocodiles and a capuchin monkey died. He said Saturday that power failures cut off electrical heating at the zoo in the town of Aldama.

Temperatures have dropped to 9 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 13 Celsius) in the area, the coldest weather in 60 years.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

In a serarate but related news post...

Mexico has also withdrawn an offer to temporarily supply electricity to Texas, where power stations have been hit by similar problems.

A huge swathe of the US and Canada has also been hit by a massive winter storm.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I notice this past Thursday & Friday that deep cold coming from Canada that made its way to Texas and down to mexico the day after the massive snow storm.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Very sad about the loss of the animals. Weather is very strange this year, Mexico is usually warm and the animals do good there.

I was upset earlier - I hope I understood this correctly - New Mexico is having power outages and instead of other states helping then out they will give power to Texas because of the Super Bowl. Hey people are cold elsewhere - this needs to be done fairly. Sorry I have no source - just read it and ranting.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Here in vancouver BC, canada, we have had a very mild winter. Infact, flowers are already springing out of the ground and trees are showing signs of buds starting to come back. Spring is here, and its only early feb. It's not quite as early as last year. Last year my lawn was growing in late january. However, a normal winter for here, would be around mid march. So for the last couple years, spring has come 1 -2 months earlier than normal. Winter started here on Dec 21, and was over by about Jan 15th. We do still get the odd cool day, but rarely below zero degrees celcius. So it's kinda weird hearing about mexico freezing, when I live in canada.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Thats a terrible shame to hear of such a horrible fate occurring to innocent animals. For them to have to die such a miserable death is very sad. Just running outside for just a few moments without an extra layer of clothing on or without a coat is BONE-CHILLINGLY BITTER, and I cannot IMAGINE the HORROR of freezing TO DEATH. Very very sad.

Makes you question what the HECK God is doing with his/her/its time if we DO have a God... If I were a God, there is NO WAY any animal would be in any discomfort. I cannot say that for some humans though...

Nice work to our all-seeing and loving God. (SARCASM EXTREME)

edit on 5-2-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I think of Canada as having a long harsh winter and Mexico moderate in winter. This sort of weather pattern seems to be happening else where as well. Very strange pattern.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I myself would blame it on Mohammed.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Is that out of the ordinary?
I read on another thread that the seasons, and even the zones seem to have changed.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I myself would blame it on Mohammed.

Whichever "God" or "God-Man" of the thousands you wish to pick is fine by me. But if there is one, and I see sad stuff like this, I call this "God" a F'N piece of SH*T. How 'bout that name, is that one better for ya?

edit on 5-2-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

No, its sad to see death. In all of life it is inevitable, yet

I am disheartened to see so many animals die in such a short time.

I am not a fan of zoo's, unless the animals were disabled, or otherwise unable to be in the wild.

new topics

top topics

join