It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Doesn't Work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is not against governments. Its just the facts.

Government doesn't work. No-one likes to be told what to do.
Decomaracy still doesn't work. We all vote for our president... but only congress votes count.
Half of Americans didn't want bush... but still had to deal with him. They didn't like it.
Another example is egypt! they dont like the president so they are protesting.
Rome... The one nation that wasnt supposed to fall... it still fell. there is now way around it. every government will fall sometime.

So why go through all the trouble wasting your liife's work to have a government that is just going to collapse?

This is your "Deal" you can have us tell you what to do and be safe or you can do what ever you want and not be safe.

What would you rather have? someone telling you how to run your life? or Absolute Freedom?

Yes absolute freedom comes with a price and you could easily die... but isnt that called survival of the fittest?

I think it is time to go back to simplertimes. without government.

Freedom...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zeon9010

Yep they're the highest paid most non working mf'ers around!!!
I AGREE!!!!
edit on 5-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I think to the contrary. Governments don't work because there is too much choice. In a proper system, there would be a single leader, a small (20 or fewer) advisory council, and importantly, a long term of power. I essentially advocate a properly Communist setup, in that what government there is would be tied to the people intimately. Wealth would be shared, and work would be done for the common good. A very open society (unlike the bastardized system practised by the Soviet Union) with equal civil rights and freedoms. Where you know what you're doing is going towards making the country a better place.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is why i WANT 2012 to be the "end of the world"

The government Ibelieve wants to work off of the Georgia guidestones. They gather 500,000,000 people and put them in FEMA camps and then kill anyone else that are nearby them.

Anyone else who doesnt get killed or sent to a camp will be fighting for their lives.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

In the United States at least. The problem isn't government. The problem lies with those running the government.
Our form of government offers as much personal freedom as one could expect in a large group of people who respect one anothers rights.

And you are correct. Democracy doesn't work. That's why America wasn't founded on a democracy. It is a republic.

edit on 5-2-2011 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

If i were part of any government i would rather be in a communist country.

I think it might be tradition? America has fought so hard for freedom and now we are losing it again. Its the fact that our forfathers did so much for a few people to decide to change everything that they have done.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeon9010
America has fought so hard for freedom and now we are losing it again. Its the fact that our forfathers did so much for a few people to decide to change everything that they have done.

We're fighting to lose it at this point.

Those in power are fighting to take freedom away, and the more we fight it it seems they take more of it away.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by drkylefletcher

Correct... and if we dont fight it then they will still take away our freedom.

Mabye we need something like in egypt right now?...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If you reject all forms of government then you doom us to extinction as a species. Without a form of government to provide stability our achievements in science and technology will not exist. Without those we will inevitably go the same way as the dinosaurs.

Fantasies of lone wolf individuals living lives of rugged adventure and beating off all comers belong in movies, not reality.

If government collapsed you would have anarchy, followed by warlordism and possibly some re-instatement of feudalism. We are social creatures and where no structure exists we will create one. It usually starts based on whomever is the strongest/nastiest or most conniving being at the top.

The problem is not that government is wrong its that its become broken. When the founding fathers set up the USA they got the fundamentals correct. It needs to be repaired not abandoned.

edit on 5-2-2011 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The U.S. military compared to the Egyptian military makes that scenario night and day.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkylefletcher

The U.S. military compared to the Egyptian military makes that scenario night and day.

I know. It would have to be a lot of people... almost an immpossible task. but it wouldn't be hard to trigger. they take away our 2nd ammendment or our internet freedom then theres going to be a problem.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I know. It would have to be a lot of people... almost an immpossible task. but it wouldn't be hard to trigger. they take away our 2nd ammendment or our internet freedom then theres going to be a problem.

So many citizens would die though.

Many Ghandi quotes apply here but "Violence only begets more violence".

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

yes, very true... but if the government doesn't WANT to listen to us they don't have to... so they wont. Somtimes things have to get violent to bring change.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

yes, very true... but if the government doesn't WANT to listen to us they don't have to... so they wont. Somtimes things have to get violent to bring change.

If the people were to band together to not listen back, which most likely won't happen because people live in fear and the leadership of today likes to make examples of people, that would be an alternative example to violent retribution of the people.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Its pretty sad that they live in fear... mabye a silent revolution. It would have worked against hitler... but he killed himslef.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Part of the reason why government doesn't work is because for eight years it was managed by people who essentially hate government and since our beginnings we have been conditioned to view it as oppressive. We have failed to support those parts of government that are meant for the common good while funneling endless amounts of money to the common defense. To no avail, we're not any safer really, just inconvenienced and hated, but a whole lot of people got rich.

Cooperation is a hallmark for any successful society and, as such, we have to work toward agreement on basic structures of organization and a common denominator for education and health in order to be civilized . Anything less, such as "survival of the fittest", is pretty archaic and barbaric in a world of technology and resources. The most successful era of our history, post WWII was characterized by this sort of spirit of cooperation and commitment to the common good of our country.

If you don't believe in the common good then I suggest you quit your job, stop using the roads, schools, parks and hospitals in your area and get off the grid.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well it depends really.

What do you want a government to do?, or rather, what do those in power want a government to do?

Lets be real, the world is now too large and basicaly not yet evolved enough to handle some sort of lofty jeffersonian democracy. Am i evolved enough to live in that sort of world?, are you lot?, meh probably. Are the millions of violent murderers and rapists that fill our jails ready for that?, nope, not really. BUT I DIGRESS

If you want a government to be an ultra efficient, machine like entity that does nothing but accelerate proffits and materialism with little to no regard for the welfare of those that serve it, then HELL YES, the government not only works, but its a pure marvel of human ingenuity and should be understood and applauded for what it is.

What it is, and what you might like it to be are of course two totaly different things.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I think it is time to go back to simplertimes. without government.

when , EXACTLY were these " simpler times " ?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Like Native Americans before europe showed up. or primitive... cavemen. survival of the fittest.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ignorant_ape

Like Native Americans before europe showed up. or primitive... cavemen. survival of the fittest.

That's a lot harder than it sounds.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join