It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Intelligence failed again, consistant and reoccuring mistakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Again, in the news US intelligence has been at fault for not, passing along information preceding attacks, which could have been prevented if such had been conducted.

Egypt in the news is at odds with our government and the assets, and has made a statement to the white house.

Seems to me Egypt should have known better, our government knew of multiple attacks, over decades, against the USA and they allowed it to occur..either through intentional negligence, or incompetence.

If your not following me on this or are lost, allow me to list a few examples, to help get started.

Senate probe faults Army, FBI for missing warning signs before Fort Hood attack
Sat Feb 5, 2011 01:30 AM EST
Source

The Army could have handled that guy, instead of transferring him from one command to anther.
But instead of living up to the army standards, and accepting responsibility, every one kept passing him to some one else, hoping they would deal with it.

Wrong answer...just one recent example

U.S. intelligence failed "in a potentially disastrous way" in missing a failed plot to blow up a Detroit-bound airplane on Christmas Day
Source

From the mouth of the nations leader, so it is not just me that hold this opinion.
Another example, of recent security liability issues from our "Intel" department....

Historical examples;

We the People are still divided over events that happened a decade ago, 9/11...half a century ago, JFK...
Oklahoma, USS Cole...need I go on?

So with obvious examples being available, it does not take much imagination to see where this is going.

Consistent and repeated failures, reliably unreliable... Haliburton, rumsfield..cheney...same thing over and over..

I feel that just as those members of our government had to wrestle away control from the world war veterans, so too must we take control of our government from the cold war dinosaurs, as they did. They have not been able to adapt to the ever evolving world we are in, and they are now our biggest threat to national security. Not only have they become a liability to the domestic national security, but they are to the international community.

Political deceit and personal benefit, has no place for a responsibility of protecting our Constitution & We the People.

A new generation of leaders has emerged. I've served with them, trained and trained with them and fought over seas with them.

I know the next generation of leaders, and they are not idle or prone to bs.
There is a cycle to every thing in life, and as history repeats we must remember to pass along to the next generation, the lessons we learned. So that they may have the opportunity to learn from our mistakes, so that they do not have to learn the hard way.

So that history does not repeat for the worse...

If "We the People" want a future for our children's children, then we must remember what was done right that got us here. Also we must not repeat the mistakes made before us, so that we can make the most of the time we do have, and not waste it by making frivolous mistakes, which has not frivolous repercussions...

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Charters of Freedom

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Am I the only one left wondering how much of these "mistakes" are,
or could be part of something a bit more nefarious.

For instance the Fort Hood incident.
That one stinks to high heavens.

the Department of Defense and the FBI "collectively had sufficient information to have detected Hasan's radicalization to violent Islamist extremism but failed both to understand and to act on it."

The deaths at Fort Hood could and should have been prevented. The Defense Department's failure to acknowledge the threat of violent Islamist extremism within its ranks, coupled with organizational and communication flaws in the FBI's counterterrorism operations, contributed to the tragedy
www.washingtonpost.com...

Thanks, Advisor for putting this out there, S&F!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Since you mentioned Fort Hood, that was my last duty station before getting out with an Honorable.

Here is some thing to look at, check out soldier deaths, and see how many are on base.
To make things worse, last year some one I personally know was killed under questionable circumstances.

Death of a Fort Hood Soldier

That with surely get eye brows raised, some thing is not kosher.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

so too must we take control of our government from the cold war dinosaurs
I love your description here. Has everything been geared towards profiting from war? When we fail to have a country to fight we can always declare war on inanimate objects, War on drugs, or on our emotions like fear, War on terror. I know of very few people that see the futility of these actions.

It seems ironic that like us, our government too must over come its fear to advance towards enlightenment.

I know the next generation of leaders, and they are not idle or prone to bs.
I feel that you are correct here but more importantly I hope that you are correct here. We have a long way to go and a short time to get there.

top topics

join