It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Tube not credible ?? Seriously

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by All_Truth_Soon

first of all you'd have to copy your video from your camera to your computer if you want to share it with the world at large through the internet, then after that you may upload your video from your pc to the internet through any of the following free services that i've mentioned in my previous post in this thread (you may have to register for those services prior to availing of the free space being offered in order for you to upload your file). after uploading your file, you can inform the good people on this thread and the rest of ATS (good, bad and in between) that you're done uploading your file so that we may oohh and aahh over your video.

alternatively, you can copy your video from your camera to this wall.

edit on 2.4.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Toreish. thanks for your post. i know where you are coming from.

I appreciate your effort in explaining the route from camera to internet.

BUT unfortunately there is still not a clean route from camera to screen (ATS & lossless)

I'm sure you have seen other ATS threads where an image/video/audio gets posted.

Then the whole thread moves away from the original thread and breaks down to discussing the data contained within a photo or video. We need to stop that.

The original video/audio/image needs a path (lossless) to ATS for diagnosis.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
would you rather mail (by post) the storage medium (SD card) containing your video to the people running ATS then? if so, i can't help you as i have no idea how to get in touch with them. perhaps you should get in touch with a moderator and discuss how this could be done.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If you are looking for something entirely lossless, and the footage is worthy of such a debate, take your memory card, drop it in an evelope, pay for shipping and send it to my POBox, I would love to have it

Or you could send it to :
Arizona Executive Offices:
The Above Network, LLC
15111 North Hayden Road
Suite 160-156
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
ATS Contact Page

or just upload it via the media portal here on ATS.
ATS media portal

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I really want to thank you all for your replies.

I know a Mod has answered and I know he/she provided possible solutions (tnx) ,
I have a simple question for all ... If I have good footage of something which I would love the world to see and analyse, is there some way I can upload RAW without the YT flame. ?????

I suppose my big question is .. how do we make footage publicly available without being struck down by the YT critics ??

Oh btw I do have a vid, not brilliant, but defo worth analysing.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by All_Truth_Soon

I suppose my big question is .. how do we make footage publicly available without being struck down by the YT critics ??

This question was already answered. By Badwulf.

A big event, without corroboration, is likely to be met with hostility. a small event, without corroboration, will only be met with hostility if you treat it like it is some big event proof when it is just a shaky camera shot of a distant light with bad audio overdubbed.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Erm, all truth soon, a name not matching the user so far..

You have been given many ways to post it, you have yet to reveal how big the video is yet you have been given sites that hold a 5 gig file so that should cover it yet there's still no posting from you.

By the time it either gets posted or this turns out to be a prank your footage will have lost and cred you feel it had.

Rar the file up, post it to a site, give us the links and all of us will look at it, or, faff around going on about lossless, YT and your video being corrupted and watch us lose any want of seeing it.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don't see why you tube would be a bad site to use to host a video. I believe that its probably the least byis with the most content. but say UFOvideo.com was used to post a video on a forum the content in those videos are all geared in one direction most likely.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

No you didnt, you asked WHY youtube was not valid

fuggenhell I answered and Im the bad guy

use youtube who cares

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

If you had an piece of AMAZING footage then posting it on youtube would be the last thing you should do as you are throwing your copyright straight out of the window.

If for example I had undeniable clear RAW tape of me having a conversation with an alien Grey then I would be phoning news channels for the highest bidder, not posting it on ATS
edit on 4-2-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

WTH? Youtube doesnt take away anyones copyright.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Technicaly you still retain copyright on it, but you also just gave someone else the right to redistribute it to whoever they please in perpetuity, so basically you just gave it away for free

“The truth is, something close, but not quite.” She says. “Meaning, YouTube always allows the owners to retain ownership of their work. But what they require in their terms of service is that you grant to YouTube a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual license to freely sub-license, re-distribute, re-publish, monetize, and whatever they may want to do with your video. They're basically requiring that you grant YouTube all of the same rights that you have with your video, short of turning over your rights to them.” (I.e., assigning to YouTube your complete rights.)

So your not going to be selling you amazing footage to anyone after that

Who owns your youtube video

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Funny how these "experts" leave out a key part ot the terms of service.

For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your videos from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that YouTube may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.

Highlighted for you for clarity.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So your saying that a news organization would pay you money for a video that is freely available for anyone to watch on youtube and which you do not own the sole exclusive rights to then yes?

edit on 5-2-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No. News or anyone can use youtubes embedding feature. That is listed in the terms also. Anyone can choose to disable that feature on the videos. You own copyrights to your own videos but you also realease some rights to youtube. If you didn't they wouldn't be able to show them on the website to begin with and that would be kind of pointless.
edit on 5/2/2011 by PsykoOps because: removed pointless quote

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ok understood.. I still think its a pretty bad idea to upload some amazing game changing video footage to youtube though

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
OK here is the link to the video with a description of where and when it was filmed.
It is not an amazing video as some people think. I just wanted to post it in it's original format, in this case .wmv

Thanks and let me know what you think

Link to Dropbox File

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That's it? Aircraft lights?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

looks like Anti-Collision Lights on an airplane to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I also have video of planes complete with strobes.

'Tis a bit different for sure

Peace
edit on 5-2-2011 by All_Truth_Soon because: broken link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join