It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen's 'solar death ray' can melt concrete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Teen's 'solar death ray' can melt concrete

www.smh.com.au

A US teenager has built his own "solar death ray" out of thousands of mirrors that is capable of melting anything from metal to concrete.

Eric Jacqmain, 19, from Indiana, demonstrated the $US90 contraption in a YouTube clip and claims it offers the "power of 5000 suns".

"This intensity of light is more than enough to melt steel, vaporize aluminum, boil concrete, turn dirt into lava, and obliterate any organic material in an instant," said Jacqmain, who demonstrates this claim in his video.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-2-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It appears with this much energy we could harness the power of the sun and move away from burning oil for our world's energy source. Here is the video...

This was destroyed in his shed which burnt down (conspiracy in itself, or did it 'commit suicide'?) but he is planning on building another "death ray" with even more mirrors! The first one - the one in the video - contained 5800 mirrors, his next one will supposedly contain over 30,000.

This youtube video was made 10 months ago. He says spring of 2011 he will release his next death ray, dubbed the Sun Runner, or R32000, R32K.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
some1 has already posted this b4

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
the greeks started this a while back with polished bronze, I still love the idea. thanks for reminding me.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How do the pliers now melt when holding the rock, it can't be a concentration difference that minute to pulverize stone in seconds but not even redden the pliers

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Jesus Christ, this is the third thread this week on this topic.
Not your fault necessarily,
I just wish the mods would pay more attention.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Someone should send this to Myth Busters and ask them why they cannot get theirs to work when this kid can.

I have grown leary of the Myth Busters over the years on some of their findings. This is more reason for that.

Raist

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've done it before. We were switching from Direct TV to Verizon, and we had a dish. I just took some aluminum foil and just crazy glued it to the satellite dish. Easy as that.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Anyone can buy a fresnal lense from someone like edmond scientific that can melt asphalt in 3 seconds. It is dangerous so be careful.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Someone should send this to Myth Busters and ask them why they cannot get theirs to work when this kid can.

I have grown leary of the Myth Busters over the years on some of their findings. This is more reason for that.

Raist

This only works at very very short distances. Walk a few feet in front of this '5000 sun power' mirror & stick your face towards it. It won't do anything other than give your face a little warm feeling & dazzle your eyes from the reflected light.

The Mythbusters tried to focus on a boat that was a good distance away, that's why their one didn't work. This kid is doing his focusing from only a few inches away.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You know what OP. It is actually true. I've tried to speak about this on another forum a few times, about a year ago, and I was crucified. The military of two nations has this technology just outside of the earths atmosphere and it is capable of instantly destroying countries because of the weapons location. That's all I'm going to say about it I don't want to be lamb basted again.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just get a fresnel lens off the front of an old rear projection TV and you can do this too or like the above poster said just use a satellite dish and reflective duct tape. Be careful though, you can seriously burn yourself or something else. You can create immense heat using the sun and it only takes half a second to give you a third degree burn using these. Obviously not a toy.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Very neat, now he needs a water tank and a steam turbine and he could generate electricity. Of course a power generation boiler (which it would be) is a regulated piece of technology so he'd have to get a license and a permit.

Mythbusters only busts myth's these days. Besides didn't they do that one on the Obama special? Probally where asked not to show people the truth. And I suspect they had the focal lenght wrong. That kid has a short focus and a tight beam.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
Very neat, now he needs a water tank and a steam turbine and he could generate electricity. Of course a power generation boiler (which it would be) is a regulated piece of technology so he'd have to get a license and a permit.

Mythbusters only busts myth's these days. Besides didn't they do that one on the Obama special? Probally where asked not to show people the truth. And I suspect they had the focal lenght wrong. That kid has a short focus and a tight beam.

Thats on my to-do list when SHTF...somehow i will get those supplies

join