It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anxiety attacks and chakras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
First of all, I want to share an experience I had a few years ago and give some background on my situation.

For years, I suffered from anxiety and anxiety attacks. At first, I just dealt with it, although I was miserable and depressed. Then eventually, like so many other people, I ended up on meds. I'm on zoloft now and I hate it. But I'm getting a little ahead of myself...

A few years back, during one particularly bad anxiety attack, I noticed that what I was feeling felt like too much energy that had no place to go. I'm not sure why I suddenly thought of it that way, when I never had before, but that's exactly what it felt like. I used to post on another metaphysical-type forum and I asked about it on there. One person asked me if the energy felt like it was coming from my solar plexus. At the time, I wasn't even sure exactly where the solar plexus was so I looked it up and yep! That was exactly where it felt like it was coming from! It felt as though it was emanating from my solar plexus and moving upwards and outwards, but the energy had no place to go, so as a result of that, I ended up freaking out, hyperventilating, having chest pains, etc. It was as if the "freaking out" was a way to release the energy, although a bad way, but I felt like my body didn't know what else to do with it so the extra energy manifested as an anxiety attack.

Now, I will admit that my knowledge on chakras is basic. It isn't as basic as it used to be but even though I've done some reading on chakras, chi, etc., I still have a lot to learn. I know that there are some on here who are chakra gurus and know about this stuff in depth, so I ask of you, does this make sense? And if so, what is the best way to deal with it?

I have been U2U'ing with someone who has anxiety attacks and so I thought I should post about it and get the opinions of those in the know.

As for the meds I'm on, I want off! I don't really have anxiety attacks now that I'm on a whopping dose of Zoloft, but I'm so tired of being under the control of meds. So assuming that there is a connection with chakras and anxiety attacks, what can be done? I know there are MANY of us who suffer from anxiety and I'm sure others are just as sick of the meds as I am and would love any words of wisdom anyone has to offer.

Any information and advice is welcome and greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Did you talk to your doctor about changing medications? Or going off them. I too have anxiety attacks, panic attacks and found medication helped. Also Are you only on medication or did you seek therapy to learn how to cope with anxiety?

Sorry I take a lot of this from a psychological perspective. I'm studying psychology. A lot of the time medication isn't enough and you do need relaxation therapy. By using both your chances of staying off medication and actually coping with your problems are much higher.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Everything is energy first, Anxiety, disease, emotions or feelings. It all starts as energy.

My suggestion to everyone is develop your own spiritual practice, I wont recommend any particular flavor as that is your task in life to find the one which appeals to you most.

But everyone in the world can greatly benefit from simple grounding exercises during meditation and from this place of grounded safety - reaching up towards spirit and let the energy within you flow.

Think of it like plugging up a cars exhaust pipe when the human race are currently being equipped with super-charger engines. You may be theoretically torn apart if you do not take responsibility for your own flow of energy.

Have you tried Yoga?

This is a practice that does wonders for my energy, Try Yin Yoga to start with, with a quiet, soothing teacher that will introduce you gently into this ancient practice. The principles of Yin yoga are cleansing, regenerative, and opening.

You 'will' find solutions beside medication, if you are strong willed enough to seek them out and practice.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I used to have such bad anxiety attacks even though i did a lot of yoga and excersize . The attacks used to be so bad that even the wind blowing would affect me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

I've tried so many meds! Honestly, I think I've been on just about everything going, with the exception of very very few. I always went back to zoloft because it helped the most.

I never did try any kind of relaxation therapy, but I'm not against it. Meditating used to help somewhat, but I have trouble meditating these days and I think the problems started when my dose of zoloft was increased.

My doctor is all for me trying to go without anxiety meds. I can understand why I have anxiety attacks during stressful situations, but it's when they hit me out of the blue that just baffles me and drives me nuts!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Think of it like plugging up a cars exhaust pipe when the human race are currently being equipped with super-charger engines.

That is EXACTLY what it felt like!!! A HUGE burst of energy with nowhere to go!

I haven't tried Yoga in a while, so perhaps I should get back to it. I think I was on something for anxiety, the last time I tried, so would be interesting to try it without meds.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureIsWild

How did you get over your anxiety attacks, if you don't mind me asking? I know it's crazy what will make you freak out when anxiety takes over!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Panic attacks are just the worst hey, they practically destroyed my life at the time. I ended up on meds which didn't do anything, no matter how strong the doctor made them. The only thing that worked in the end was meditation. There were a few other factors too like loss of fears (wasn't scared of death anymore) and more time doing calm activities like walking through nature and this was all part of awakening spiritually.

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by Xiamara

I've tried so many meds! Honestly, I think I've been on just about everything going, with the exception of very very few. I always went back to zoloft because it helped the most.

I never did try any kind of relaxation therapy, but I'm not against it. Meditating used to help somewhat, but I have trouble meditating these days and I think the problems started when my dose of zoloft was increased.

My doctor is all for me trying to go without anxiety meds. I can understand why I have anxiety attacks during stressful situations, but it's when they hit me out of the blue that just baffles me and drives me nuts!

I cant stress this point enough, I think you really should give mediation or relaxation a good go. Eventually you'll reach a place in meditation so free and relaxed that it will alleviate anxiety forever. Meditation can be hard but stick with it, cuz it'll be so worth it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I went through the same thing. I battled an intense recurring bout of urticaria and have had panic attacks ever since about it coming back. Luckily I've gotten a grip on my mind again. Irrational thought cant consume you.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Okay. Taking this from 2 angles that mesh into each other (I've been a Masters level therapist for the past 11 years with 20 years of spiritual and energetic study).

First the psychological. As I tell clients at work, medication only takes the edge off, deals with the symptoms, balances out the chemicals to a certain degree (but creates an imbalance of other chemicals) it does not address the root issues which created and perpetuate the problem. This is where I would normally recommend counseling to address those underlying issues and provide you with coping skills/tools. At a basic level, it starts with our thoughts (the unconscious ones we have running in the background) and becoming aware of and taking control of those thoughts. That, along with some kind of deep breathing, progressive relaxation, meditation, or other types of full body and mind relaxation techniques are your best bets in terms of non-medication control of your anxiety attacks.

Thoughts, if you think about how our brain works, are an electromagnetic creation (electrical impulses jumping synapses.) What many people call the Aura, is really just the bodies electromagnetic field that surrounds our body up to several feet out (which is part of the reason that people feel more comfortable when they have their personal space.) When a thought is created in the brain it doesn't just stop existing once we've stopped thinking about it, it can often get lodged in our bodies field and will attract more energy of the same vibration (this is part of the Law of Attraction and part of the reason thoughts are said to create our reality.) When enough thoughts gather, especially if they are of a dense, negative nature (negative self-talk and such), they will eventually create clogs, blocks, and tears in the bodies auric electromagnetic field. And, if allowed to continue (even through unawareness) will eventually work their way into the physical level creating physical illness and chemical imbalance.

Chakras are our bodies energy vortexes (imagine 2 cones, one in the front and one in the corresponding place in the back.). Though many people just talk about the main seven, there are many chakras in our body (including on the palms of our hands and the soles of our feet) all requiring the ability to flow energy freely. Energy enters our bodies from the subtle spiritual realms from the back chakras and moves out from the front. In addition, the main chakras are connected through a main line that runs from our perenium through the top of our head, called the central channel. If any one of those vortexes are blocked or clogged due to what I described above or other energetic traumas, this creates what you are experiencing, thus, a lot of energy with no place to go. It pools up and when it gets to a tipping point, you have a panic attack. Different chakras, of course, deal with different energies (or variations of the same energy) so that, for instance, a blocked Solar Plexus chakra is generally more responsible for things like anxiety while a blocked heart chakra is more responsible for things like depression.

From the energetic perspective, the best bet for dealing with it is to find someone who does energy work to either work on clearing the existing energetic blockages or teach you how to do it for yourself. Once that is done, something like Yin Yoga like Gradius Maximus suggested would be much more effective for maintenance. If you don't clear what's there first, your attempts through things like relaxation or yoga will be much less effective. The longer it has been going on and the more deeply embedded the blockages are, the more difficult it is to clear unless you know what you are doing.

I hope that answers your question sufficiently. Feel free to U2U me if you need to know more.

edit on 2-2-2011 by coyotepoet because: expounding

edit on 2-2-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by FutureIsWild

How did you get over your anxiety attacks, if you don't mind me asking? I know it's crazy what will make you freak out when anxiety takes over!

I take mediction for my anxiety but i want to get off of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I've been seeing a behavioral psychologist now and its I swear instant results. Paired with medication I feel much better. I have moderate agoraphobia and severe OCD, as well as some personality disorders.. At first I didn't think medication would really help but I'm on a low dose SSRI, paired with a higher dose SSRI used as a sleeping aid. If you go on amazon you can find Anxiety and mood disorder work books that basically guide you through a lot of the meditation and mantras, as an alternative to paying for therapy. It works very similar to traditional meditation, but its more empowering to the inner self on a different scale. Rather than relaxation it empowers your mind and you basically take control of your body. Its a " I have a problem so I'm going to fix it take that anxiety!". Ive done a little work in self meditation, not succeeding, I've used crystal therapy, meditation, and a few others."

I wish you the best of luck with your anxiety reducing work. as an added note if you can (I haven't managed yet) reduce sugar's caffeine, and any energizing stimulant type food or drink. This can make things worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What is anxiety?

Here is what Wikipedia says about anxiety:

Anxiety1 is an unpleasant, emotional state that involves a complex combination of emotions that include fear, apprehension, and worry. It is often accompanied by physical sensations such as heart palpitations, nausea, chest pain, shortness of breath, or tension headache.

Anxiety is often described as having cognitive, somatic, emotional, and behavioral components (Seligman, Walker & Rosenhan, 2001). The cognitive component entails expectation of a diffuse and uncertain danger. Somatically the body prepares the organism to deal with threat (known as an emergency reaction): blood pressure and heart rate are increased, sweating is increased, bloodflow to the major muscle groups is increased, and immune and digestive system functions are inhibited. Externally, somatic signs of anxiety may include pale skin, sweating, trembling, and pupillary dilation. Emotionally, anxiety causes a sense of dread or panic and physically causes nausea, and chills. Behaviorally, both voluntary and involuntary behaviors may arise directed at escaping or avoiding the source of anxiety. These behaviors are frequent and often maladaptive, being most extreme in anxiety disorders. However, anxiety is not always pathological or maladaptive: it is a common emotion along with fear, anger, sadness, and happiness, and it has a very important function in relation to survival.

What causes anxiety?

Science, particularly medicine, can only explain the physiological and psychological aspect of anxiety since it is only what the scientific eye can see and the psychiatric perception on this illness is only delving on the psyche of the patient.

They have not come up with the entire knowledge of its causes and they will never get into that because it does not see and it will never see the spiritual aspect of anxiety. The spirit realm is taboo to science.

In the spirit realm are the activities of unseen creatures causing anxiety. They cannot be stopped by drugs but they can be neutralized by the spiritual antidote provided by God who created the heavens and the earth and all that is in it. Drugs usually prescribed are sedative which aim to suppress the behavioral disorder of patients with anxiety.

The creatures causing anxiety are Demons of Anxiety. Usually, demons are named after their kind or deeds of wickedness.

How do the Anxiety Demons work?

Demons are not everywhere. They are located in places where they are ignored and are free to do their wickedness. They prefer to be unidentified and because they are liars and deceivers, they pose with a false identity so that they are not rejected nor repelled by their victims who see, hear and feel them.

They speak as a thought in your mind. They put disturbing mental pictures, visions or imaginations. Their aim and message is to agitate their victims to become fearful and destructive to eventually destroy them.

How To Overcome The Anxiety Demons

1. Jesus said to those Jews which believed on him, "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free". (John 8:31-32)

These words of Jesus is a profound truth. Truth shall make you free from anxiety, fear, panic, agitation and from any evil in your life. If you have not believed in Jesus who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, believe in Him now for He is your Healer and Deliverer. Confess your sins to Him, receive forgiveness, ask Him to be the Lord of your life.

Believing Jesus is entering into a love and intimate relationship with him, a spiritual experience manifesting his love, grace and presence in your midst, wherever you are. When you express your heart to him, heaven will open and He may connect with you in a vision or speak with you and you will hear His voice in your mind (spirit). You may feel His great love and grace breaking your heart. Feel free to let out your tears of conviction as you confess your sins to Him in spirit and in truth.

2. Now you should know also the truth that anxiety is caused by agitators called Anxiety Demons in the spirit realms. These agitators are demons or evil spirits who reside, terrorize and control a territory. If you are in their territory, they will terrify you to become their slave and victim and they will not stop until you are destroyed.

Sometimes they work through people in your environment and if you freak out, you may become nasty, ill-tempered or snap on people you love and love you and mess up relationships.

They aim to corrupt your sense and sensibilities, speak to your mind, give you thoughts and feelings that stir anxiety, fear, panic, nervousness, and various physical and emotional disorders.

2. If there are agitators in the spirit ream, how come not all people in that location are agitated?

1. Not all people are spiritually sensitive. Insensitive people can still sense them but their minds are either dismissing them as a figment of their imagination and choose not to believe them or they get rid of them by mental counterattack through strong determination choosing to think positively. So the agitators cannot agitate them into anxiety, fear, etc. but this should not be the objective of a victim to be free from them. The mission should be to eliminate the agitators, clear the spirit realm from agitators. It is a gift to be sensitive spiritually but one should know how to manage that gift or that ability to sense can be mishandled by wrong responses leading to trouble and destruction.

2. Some spiritually sensitive people do not sense them because their sensors are not activated by the Lord to sense this particular spirit. In God's sovereignty and purpose, the sensitivity of our sensors are in his control and command.

3. Some spiritually sensitive people who sense them are effectively neutralizing them in various ways. These people may have reached the level of a seasoned warrior dealing with demons and spirits; while some can be just anybody who does not even believe in God or in the existence of demons:

o The kind of people who are not spiritually sensitive and are not inclined to religious beliefs are able to reject and oppose the anxious thoughts effectively because of their strong determination to attain their objectives or because of their willingness to fail and give up their honor and choose to go through their situations with a positive mind without fear or panic. Usually, a person immune to fear is one who is willing to give up his/her fears, ready to face consequences and have a positive outlook on his/her path. These qualities which are necessary to oppose fear and anxiety are elements of faith, hope and humility are truth elements vital in subduing the powers of fear and anxiety. With these truth elements, even a non-religious person or an atheist can effectively reject the inputs of agitators, the Anxiety Demons.

God gave man Free Will to make choices and this cannot be violated by demons. The demons can only influence or dupe you to make wrong choices. This is why even people who do not seek God nor know Him can live in peace with their neighbor if they choose peace or live in hostility if they choose war or die if they choose death or live if they choose life in Jesus.

o The unspiritual person can also be agitated because spirit is so dull that it cannot pick up the agitation. Do not aspire to become unspiritual or spiritually callous. Aspire to get rid of the Agitators in spiritual combat. This must be your goal.

* A believer in Christ can reach high levels of victory over anxiety because of his right and privilege to appropriate God's power over evil. But I've seen new converts go up in similar levels of victory as long as their spirit is willing and are passionate to obey God.

* Agitators are spirits or demons existing in the physical and spirit realms where you are agitated. To overcome them, you must drive them out of that location.

* These demons don't go away by simply telling them to get out, particularly if you have not yet reached that level of authority due to your lack of truth, knowledge and wisdom on matters and issues they are tormenting you.

* In order to neutralize them on those issues of torment or disturbance, go and learn the truths. Fellowship with God, read the Bible and internalize the truths. Apply them and recite them to the agitators and tell them that you are in those truths and that they should be gone from your presence because you take dominion over the spirit and physical realms for the glory of God.

* Read at least 10 Chapters of the Bible a day or one book a day or as much book as you can read and meditate on it. You may pause for sometime when a verse hits your heart and recite them prayerfully, embedding it on your spirit, soul and body and declaring it also to the agitators and lying spirits in the heavenly places. Do this as often as you can until you see results and totally got rid of those agitators in your spirit realm and have taken dominion over your place and territory.

3. Prayer or Warfare Gestures

* It would give you more confidence and strength when you pray with gestures that are symbolic of the declaration of truth and of the will of God. It will also speak loudly in the spirit realms as a truth gesture that makes demons tremble and fear God. The prophets use gestures to prophesy and speak of God's will. Ezekiel is a known prophet who prophesied in various gestures as instructed by God. Another prophet is Elisha who instructed the king of Israel and said, "Take the arrows," and the king took them. Elisha told him, "Strike the ground." He struck it three times and stopped. The man of God was angry with him and said, "You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times." (2 Ki 13:18-19)

* Learn to pray with gestures when you say these phrases: "I trample down snakes and scorpions", " I pull down strongholds", " I tear down strongholds into pieces" ( Tear a piece of paper where the names of demons or description of their wickedness are written). You may also walk around your house or room declaring that it is your God-given territory and that you are taking dominion over it so all demons must leave. Then enlarge your territory, take dominion over your community, town, city and even nation as you progress into greater heights as according to his leading and anointing upon you as His intercessor-warrior.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I suffer from GAD since 2005. Or perhaps earlier, which I do not know about. The medicines have aided a lot in decreasing them attacks but what I do not have is control over it when it comes heavy attacks where I for some reason feel like I am about to die, no medicine except Atarax can help.

Anything that may help on on this topic is always welcome.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
For the love of God, GET OFF OF MEDS!! I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and prescribed Paxil. I took it for months and my problems only got WORSE. Dropped the meds, went through withdrawals and started drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar daily and I've been good ever since. Again, GET OFFFFF OF THE MEDDDSSS!!!

Power & Praise
SJ

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Have you had testing done for adrenal issues? (And Thyroid)

I have Hyperaldosteronism or Conn's Disease (look up the symptoms on a search engine). My Adrenal glands produce too many hormones which causes anxiety due to excess adrenaline, testosterone and aldosterone rushes for no reason. I don't need excitement or stimulus to produce adrenaline, it just comes in waves at anytime.

Of course, the Doctor attempted to give me anti-anxiety drugs but I knew something was physically wrong because I only got "anxious" when I thought I was going to die (rapid heartbeat, irregular heartbeat, cold sweats, extreme heat, wringing hands and muscle spasms, low potassium, higher than normal blood pressure, etc.)

Blood tests diagnosed the issue when I pressed for them (low to no Renin, High Aldosterone, low end of normal blood potassium). Now I take a couple $4 a month prescriptions of Spironolactone and toprol to block these over produced hormones and it cured "most" of the problems. It did slow my metabolism a bit because I can no longer eat thousands of calories a day and not gain weight like I used to and I am not "juiced up" all the time like I have always been since a teenager but when you hit the late 30's your body can't take being juiced up all the time anymore.

Just and FYI - Something to check out because the doctors LOVE to just throw anti-anxiety medicine at you.
edit on 3-2-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
All speculation, but I think Biology/Chemistry plays a large part in anxiety attacks. I believe blood sugar and/or a vitamin deficiency can be the cause in most cases. Some people are more susceptible than others

I feel like anxiety is strictly a mental disorder. Recognize the signs of an attack coming on and take actions to avoid it. Take back control and think rationally.
edit on 3-2-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

top topics

join