It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people have you actually met and talked too in life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This came up on another board. I was wondering how many people do you reckon you have spoken to in your life?

If you could add up all the people you have known, how many would that be?

Me personally, i would not say its more than 100-200 people, and i am 35 now. Very low for my age i would suggest, and i am glad too.

So how about you people.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I can easily get to a million. Probably more if I really start counting.

At least 100 people a day for 5 years and that's not even privately. I'm begin 30.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Mr. Cheerful, how are you doing?

How many of those were women.... 1..... 2?

Oh man.

I love how you're always telling people how you hate people and hate women and don't want love and don't want a relationship....

Yet you can't stop talking to people on here, can't stop talking about love and women and relationships.

As I have said several times...

You're protesting too much.

You yearn for love and company.... you're human after all..... right?

Honestly man.

I fell bad for you dude.... you can't really be this hateful and negative can you?

You need to get laid methinks...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm 17 and i spend most of my time at home, however i think i've met at least 1,500 people, perhaps even 2,000

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

No i am not, i would like to know how many people you reckon you have met and talked too in life. Simple question that came up in another board. I do not yearn for any relationships, i just thought it would make a good thread.

How many do you people reckon you have known?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Why cannot you just answer the question? The others gave a simple answer why not you? lol

I thought this would be a good thread for ats. We know gov people are here but do not let that put you off.
edit on 2/2/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A crapload of people.

What am I supposed to do, count all of them?
I am not going to.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Literally over 100,000; I talk to strangers for the hell of it. (I do that often to make sure I am not crazy, asking random people if they believe in god and what not.) (Face to face that is)

I also talk on the phone alot and chat in forums/instant messaging/voip etc etc. Over 500,000 if that's the case! (Might be exaggerating some
)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

lol, i mean take a guess.

Also i mean face to face. Over your whole life, how long that has been so far.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Because it's a ridiculous question.

How on earth could anyone give you an accurate answer?

You mean in the whole of my life, since I was able to talk.... how many people have I met and talked to?
Does this include asking the time, being served in a shop? Etc, Etc....

Is it only people I have actually met as in at work, school, social occasions?

I mean can you be specific?

What is it you're asking...

Let me know and I'll gladly answer.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I mean face to face, how many is that all who you would say in real life you have met, and talked too.

Just take a guess. I am not here for the gov and wanting accurate numbers, just take a wild guess, on how many.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yeah still not getting it mate.

Oh well.... I'm sure it's me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Interesting question.

I'd guess at over 10 000 because I've worked in bars, building sites and festivals. The festivals alone would account for several thousand. Going through colleges and Uni would add another few thousand. So....over 10000 and maybe less than a 100 000?

I'm not picking a fight with you Andy, but it's likely you've met and talked to a few thousand yourself. A standard high school has a few hundred pupils and you've surely spoken to more than 200 kids and teachers at school during the standard 11 years of education. Add in any jobs you've had and the number grows again. Bus stops, bars and the chatty strangers in queues; it all adds up.

Your question has made me think of something new so you've got a star and a flag. Big smiley face >>>

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

well i just turned 45..

and i guess i'm blessed to say I've spoken to over 80,000 in public speaking over the years..
(possibly more really)
i don't want to count my band shows... or my movie showings..

but one on one, IS my favorite ..
must be upwards of 5000.. or more..individual conversations

i love people,, i engage strangers ALL the time..

why do you ask??

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

But met and talked too i mean. Obviously if you have worked in those things yu have met loads. I was just wondering what sort of number people reckon.

I doubt i knew that many in schools, and going to same primary and sec school mostly the same people you are with.

I would still say less than 200. But seeing as you have spoken to thousands, i see there must be plenty the opposite of me, lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
why do you ask??

Just came up on another board, so i thought i would make a post here and see what people say here.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Okay Andy, I'll venture a guess.

I am 47 years old, since age 18 I have been fairly mobile. I also talk to strangers, even if it is just to say hello, and talk about the weather. A surprising amount are rude enough not to reply. (I will not count them)

My guess would be 38,000 people.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I guess it's hard to say. If you mean people who we've spoken to and gotten to know well (friends, family and the randoms), the numbers go down into the hundreds/ thousand borderline.

If you mean *anyone* at all we've spoken to in our lives, it's way into the thousands. Just getting on a bus and paying for a ticket would add hundreds or thousands. Chippies, shops, taxis and all the rest keep making the numbers grow. Whenever you've said 'thanks' to someone holding open a door would count too.

I honestly think that if you spread your memory wider, you'll add at least a zero to the 200.

Of all the people we've met in our lives, some are part of the wallpaper (unnoticeable) and a small few become part of the furniture.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, well, well look who it is, my good old pal.

I met so many buddies in my life I cant' even venture a guess. Shoot, in the NAVY I probably met 10,000 peoples (half of them was the ladies
Heck I hot-bunked with a different guy every night for almost 10 years-- That adds up!

Ronnie

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have spoken to EVERYONE. I used to work as a phone operator.

top topics

join