It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organized Religion on the Loose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Being born into partially religious household, there has always been room for God in my thoughts. I meditate about 2 hours everyday and pray the rosary, and have found my conscience and ability to sort the truth is growing. I have always been worried about whether or not I have the correct religion or not, which is Catholicism, and have found the answers to this question. The answer is that there is no religion that is absolutely correct. Although I find Catholicism to be the closest to the truth, there is a greater religion that must be found through your own conscience.
God lives in you if you allow him to. What gives life is energy, and what gives light is energy, and without energy, you have neither life nor light. The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. So after death, where does your conscience and energy. It it not merely destroyed an thrown into an oblivion of nothingness. There is a wrong and there is a right. It is up to to you to place things in each category.
As darkness has infiltrated the light, it has shown God in the wrong light, saying that he is cruel, and Catholics are child molesters. They are looking at the church and its people and pointing fingers. They miss the important ideas. So people have left their God, because of the actions of people, who are obviously sinful.
To be fully accepted in God sight you must accept him. He comes to different kind of people in ways that they will accept. So you must find your relationship with God, and understand what he has done. God has created this Universe and every type of being there is not only one people. You have to have faith and understand that what God wants, is there to be kindness among his people and awareness. Yet we are too obsessed with material possessions and the correct religion. God is responsible for everything and has a master plan.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

You said: "I find Catholicism to be the closest to the truth...."

Just curious as to which TRUTH you are referring to...Could you please elaborate?
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bartibog

What i mean as truth, is the closest to what God wants and the correct ideas. Jesus brings truth and light into the world, with his teachings. Just read the good news, of the new testament

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. So after death, where does your conscience and energy.

huh? We aren't even sure of the nature of consciousness so I can't touch on that, but the energy talked about in physics isn't the electrical pulses that make our body work, they are talking at the base particle level of reality. When you die, your organs stop functioning and your brain stops sending electrical pulses. Your body decays into what we perceive as nothing, but at the base level of reality nothing is actually lost, just reconstructed. The very particles that made up the atoms that made up the molecules that made up your body persist.

your "consciousness" as we understand today is merely neurons firing in your brain creating pathways that are unique to each brain.

that said, I'd like to think my "consciousness" lives on after my life ends, but I haven't seen evidence of such and probably never will.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I would suggest that you look into your religion more closely, find the true gems, keep your faith in god close by your side and you will find your way. The road will be rough and it may take you places you don't expect to go, but the journey will be worth it in the end.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

nahhh dood your a square.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe that leaving the Church is turning one's back on God. In fact, my decisions about the religion I was brought up in (Catholic, like the OP) are based on my conscience. If one has studied history in depth, how can one continue to support an institution that is directly responsible for the deaths of so many innocents and wholly corrupt? Martin Luther had a darned good reason to post his thesis in Wittenburg. How many Popes throughout history had strings of concubines and mistresses and scores of illigitimate children? How many were slaughtered in the Crusades? How many martyrs were burned by the Church? How many were slaughtered in the Auto De Fey? How many were slaughtered during WWII while the Church sat idly by and didn't speak out against Hitler. And speaking of that.. how in the name of God, could the College of Cardinals elect as God's representitive on Earth a man who (willingly or not) was a member of the Hitler Youth? How does most of what the RCC has done through the ages at all follow the true teachings of Christ? Jesus certainly never asked for, nor implied that such bloodshed should take place in his name or the name of God.

The amount of bloodshed, terror, destruction and fear that has gone hand in hand with the RCC through the past two millenia has proved more than enough to combat the programming that was drilled into me during twelve years of rigorous Catholic education.

I do believe that there is a Creator, a force greater than ourselves out there, I'm not an atheiest, I just do not, and cannot believe that any of the World's 'organized' religions (created by, and dictated by men) can reflect the true will of God..
edit on 2-2-2011 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
reply to post by Bartibog

What i mean as truth, is the closest to what God wants and the correct ideas. Jesus brings truth and light into the world, with his teachings. Just read the good news, of the new testament

What you really mean is "What i BELIEVE" as truth is the closest".
You cannot know for certain anything you say, you are quoting your beliefs only, not factual truth.

There is no factual truth anywhere that god in exists. You read a book (the bible) and you believe what is written there to be the truth.
You cannot prove it.

You accept Jesus Christ as the son of god, but how can you reconcile than the first page of the new testament with that belief.

If Jesus was the son of god, then the lineage displayed is a total lie, he is not descended from all those people at all, he was created inside a virgin by god.
If Joseph was in fact Jesus's biological father as it states at the start of the new testament, then Jesus cannot be the son of your god, unless Joseph is god and Joseph and Mary had pre-marital sex. Then god (Joseph) did impregnate the virgin Mary.
So you see what you perceive to be the truth is really only a belief.

That is the fundamental mistake all religious people make - the idea that their belief is factual truth.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
the problem here is you guys dont understand what i was trying to say. Nevermind you guys made my thread have a different meaning than i wanted it to have

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Actually, I did understand what you were saying, what I wrote was actually meant to underscore that. No religion out there can bring any man or woman closer to God. At the end of the day, each person's relationship with God must be there own. It's a direct relationship that doesn't need to be sullied by the machinations of any 'organized' religion. But, that's just my belief, take it for what it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesk8s247
Being born into partially religious household, there has always been room for God in my thoughts. I meditate about 2 hours everyday and pray the rosary, and have found my conscience and ability to sort the truth is growing. I have always been worried about whether or not I have the correct religion or not, which is Catholicism, and have found the answers to this question. The answer is that there is no religion that is absolutely correct.

This is the greatest truth of all, friend. Not one religion has all of the answers, the "right path," or the only "Truth." Truth is what you deem to be. If you are Truth, capitalized, then you project Truth, and know only Truth. You Truth many not me someone else Truth, in fact, it may be a Lie. That is the nature of Truth.

God lives in you if you allow him to. What gives life is energy, and what gives light is energy, and without energy, you have neither life nor light. The law of conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. So after death, where does your conscience and energy. It it not merely destroyed an thrown into an oblivion of nothingness. There is a wrong and there is a right. It is up to to you to place things in each category.

Exactly correct you are! First Creator Is the Soul, or Spirit, that lives within at least in some of us. The biggest gripe I have about organized religion is they teach you to serve and worship an outside God, that is actually three Gods in one, and they are all male. Do you see something out of balance here?

The thing you said about Energy is right on, friend. It cannot be destroyed, and is immortal. Spirit is a fickle thing. Mine is anyway. I have allowed my spirit, a long time ago, to slip out, as I embraced the pleasures Earth had to offer...I was lead singer in a rock band, and had money and women dripping off my hands. I drowned all of my sorrows, and quieted the voices in my head with my friend Old Grandad, and his buddy Jack Daniels. I had a fast Chevelle, life was good. Spirit was forgotten. Thankfully, I was able to have another chance to fully embrace Spirit, and know Spirit, who it is, really, and what it is capable of. During a Ritual, I was even able to see them, (they are two beings, male and female) and they helped me to defeat what you would call my personal demons. I quite drinking, quit taking drugs, stopped smoking cigarettes, quit being angry. It was only after all that I was able to Embrace the Inner Spirit.

As darkness has infiltrated the light, it has shown God in the wrong light, saying that he is cruel, and Catholics are child molesters. They are looking at the church and its people and pointing fingers. They miss the important ideas. So people have left their God, because of the actions of people, who are obviously sinful.
To be fully accepted in God sight you must accept him. He comes to different kind of people in ways that they will accept. So you must find your relationship with God, and understand what he has done. God has created this Universe and every type of being there is not only one people. You have to have faith and understand that what God wants, is there to be kindness among his people and awareness. Yet we are too obsessed with material possessions and the correct religion. God is responsible for everything and has a master plan.

I agree that the Gods of organized religions are being exposed for who and what they are, and we are coming to a common understanding that there were not gods at all, but simply impostors, ET Beings who posed as Gods. First Creator is unknowable, and not to be understood at all. We are all searching for first Creator. Some day perhaps we shall find First Creator. In this manner we are always curious, always looking ahead. It is only when we get to be static that we become slaves.
When I think of this, words to a favorite song comes to mind.....

"We're getting older the world's getting colder
For the life of me I don't know the reason why
Maybe it's livin' making us give in Hearts rolling in taken back on the tide
We're balanced together ocean upon the sky
Another night in this strange town Moonlight holding me light as down
Voice of confusion inside of me
No begging to go back where I'm free Feels like I'm through
Then the old man's words are true
See the dog and butterfly
Up in the air he like to fly Dog and butterfly,
below she had to try
She roll back down to the warm soft Ground with a little tear in her eye
She had to try, she had to try Dog and butterfly"
Ann and Nancy Wilson, First Ladies of Rock - Heart

See the wisdom here? The dog keeps jumping for the butterfly, and cannot catch it, but that does not mean he doesn't TRY.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Quite a reductionist view isn't it? I would argue against that. As it seems to be a little more than neurons firing making pathways.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As long as you aren't too inquisitive, and are willing to shrug off what seems illogical or contradictory as a divine mystery, then most organized religions can seem to be truthful. It takes a desire to believe, and a willingness to twist ones mental faculties around the subject, make sure all the "circles" are connected because that's where reason will be running. Question, but only in moderation - and if the answer is ever "god moves in mysterious ways", or "who are you to question god" or something along those lines, take that to mean as you are too close to the proverbial line.
Believe what you want though, I don't care...the above is just my opinion. If there is a god, he supports my stance in atheism, so he's cool with me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Question, but only in moderation - and if the answer is ever "god moves in mysterious ways", or "who are you to question god" or something along those lines, take that to mean as you are too close to the proverbial line.

I believe in deep questioning like, Gibbs on NCIS. What are Gods for anyway? I am God, you are my servant, now bow down before me. And what "line" would yo be talking about? My real purpose is to one day be with the Source of all Creation. To accomplish this task, I have to think like Gilgamesh here, and do a full investigation. If there is a line, I crossed it many years ago, there is no going back now. This is the failing of mankind, they never seek the Female aspect of God, and in doing so create an imbalance in the world. I came to this truth by studying that which the Bible and Christians told me not to ever study...the Occult Teachings.
(shiver!) No, it's not about that, so just stop it. The Bible teaches that you need to giver over Power, and take into your Heart, (emotional center) and Mind over to "Jesus," a supposed man who lived several thousand years ago and then died. If this isn't taking people far away from God and Goddess, I don't know what is. The Occult (means "that which is hidden") teaches that you are the Power, and the Glory, a true Son of God and Goddess. A Son or Daughter of Light.

Deja Vu
"If I had ever been here before I would probably know just what to do,
Don't you? If I had ever been here before on another time around the wheel I would probably know just how to deal.... With all of you.
And I feel Like I've been here before....
Feel Like I've been here before.....
And you know It makes me wonder What's going on under the ground
Do you know? Don't you wonder? What's going on down under you.
We have all been here before
We have all been here before" Crosby Stills Nash & Young

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
your "consciousness" as we understand today is merely neurons firing in your brain creating pathways that are unique to each brain.

Not any more that's becoming outdated. More and more consciousness is viewed as something transcending the epiphenomenon of matter, with the brain possessing both a classical and a quantum holographic component, the latter which transmits and recieves information via the Akashic Field or the Zero Point Field, meaning that the sum total of all information which makes up a person isn't stored exclusively in the scull.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I don't see how you can deny Christ while Christifying yourself at the same time, I don't think it works that way, especially not when born of a strong negative bais against something as magnificent and beautiful as the love of God made manifest in the human being through the person of Jesus Christ. How sad is that?

edit on 2-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

join