It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns don't kill people...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
After the events in Arizona, endless incidents of violence in schools and shootings at malls, I have to say that I am upset and disheartened at the continual elevation of violence in these areas. However, I see something that might bring a halt (or at least a decline) in these heinous events.

All these amazingly disturbing events have two things in common; First, they are perpetrated by spineless cowards. Secondly, they occur in areas that do not allow firearms to be carried.

There is little that we can do about spineless cowards shooting up their local high school because of this or that. I cannot point reason at a rise in violence in these recent generations or to the severity of bullying on the increase. I can however attest that someone who plans to do these destructive and hurtful things have never targeted an Army base (scratch once) or police station.

I have to point at the fact that these areas that are never targeted have people that carry weapons.

This rises another question in me. In schools (or at least the colleges in the area) the protocol in the event of an outbreak of violence is to gather everyone in a room and lock the door from the inside. This is disturbing that this is the best. This is the best idea they can come up with!? Now the perps of these crimes have a roomful of victims. After all, I don't know a door or lock in public buildings that can hold against gunfire. But I do know this: The people who plan out these crimes target defenseless people. People they know obey the law or take the choice to put their life in the hands of the odds that it won't happen to them.

These “suicidal” criminals cannot help to stack the odds in their favor by insuring that the only way their life is taken is by their own hands.

In contrast, the law abiding concealed weapons permit carrier has to go through vigorous background checks as well as constantly obeying laws and carry ordinances. Far and away from the disturbed little dweeb who steals his dad's shotgun and shoots up a school.

Why is there no carry zones, or zones that do not allow firearms to be carried? I guess I could see a court building, due to the fact that there are officers there, however, school zones and other targets of opportunity of these cowards are left open. Perhaps we should raise the ban on these areas. I assure you, there would be less violence in schools and malls if private citizens would be allowed to carry their Constitutionally Righted firearms. After all, what one of these people in history would do this act if they knew there would be concise, accurate, return fire?

I understand that if a citizen interrupts a person shooting up a school or otherwise, they will (and should) go to trial. But the courts should note that if they stopped a slaughter of innocent people.

How indebted would you feel if someone stood up and shot a maniac who was targeting your child, wife or husband? People carry concealed firearms without incident daily. These wackos are shortening the time between their slaughter of innocent lives. Something HAS to be done.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

S+F
In other words, . . . .
Cars don't kill people. . . .
The reason why I poin that out is that "people" in cars kill people daily. But where is the outcry to get rid of the automobile?
Alcohol kills people daily. Where's the outcry to ban booze?
Salt kills people daily. Where's the outcr-. . . . . oh. Never mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ok... I get it... you have yet to loose someone you loved due to one of these attacks.

There is strict legislature on liquor distribution and cars, well, yes... Been hit by a few.

Just kinda makes me wonder if you read the thread at all or just the title...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
S and F.....
EVERY law abiding citizen should carry a gun to protect those who can not protect themselves... police can only do so much....
if someone protects my child from harm when i am away or they are at school i would never be able to repay them..

we are a society of great things.... if can come together for the safety of others we could prevent these dangers or at least decrease there ability.. just stop them in there tracks when they fire upon the innocent and harmless... there needs to be someone willing to sacrifice there life to save others. it's every person right to do so. why do you have to be a police officer or military to stop someone from doing harm..... EDUCATE THE PEOPLE and a safer society we will have.

edit on 2-2-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
After the events in Arizona, endless incidents of violence in schools and shootings at malls, I have to say that I am upset and disheartened at the continual elevation of violence in these areas. However, I see something that might bring a halt (or at least a decline) in these heinous events.

All these amazingly disturbing events have two things in common; First, they are perpetrated by spineless cowards. Secondly, they occur in areas that do not allow firearms to be carried.

There is little that we can do about spineless cowards shooting up their local high school because of this or that. I cannot point reason at a rise in violence in these recent generations or to the severity of bullying on the increase. I can however attest that someone who plans to do these destructive and hurtful things have never targeted an Army base (scratch once) or police station.

I have to point at the fact that these areas that are never targeted have people that carry weapons.

This rises another question in me. In schools (or at least the colleges in the area) the protocol in the event of an outbreak of violence is to gather everyone in a room and lock the door from the inside. This is disturbing that this is the best. This is the best idea they can come up with!? Now the perps of these crimes have a roomful of victims. After all, I don't know a door or lock in public buildings that can hold against gunfire. But I do know this: The people who plan out these crimes target defenseless people. People they know obey the law or take the choice to put their life in the hands of the odds that it won't happen to them.

These “suicidal” criminals cannot help to stack the odds in their favor by insuring that the only way their life is taken is by their own hands.

In contrast, the law abiding concealed weapons permit carrier has to go through vigorous background checks as well as constantly obeying laws and carry ordinances. Far and away from the disturbed little dweeb who steals his dad's shotgun and shoots up a school.

Why is there no carry zones, or zones that do not allow firearms to be carried? I guess I could see a court building, due to the fact that there are officers there, however, school zones and other targets of opportunity of these cowards are left open. Perhaps we should raise the ban on these areas. I assure you, there would be less violence in schools and malls if private citizens would be allowed to carry their Constitutionally Righted firearms. After all, what one of these people in history would do this act if they knew there would be concise, accurate, return fire?

I understand that if a citizen interrupts a person shooting up a school or otherwise, they will (and should) go to trial. But the courts should note that if they stopped a slaughter of innocent people.

How indebted would you feel if someone stood up and shot a maniac who was targeting your child, wife or husband? People carry concealed firearms without incident daily. These wackos are shortening the time between their slaughter of innocent lives. Something HAS to be done.

+1,000,000

Guns are not the problem and never have been. You summed this up very well. I'll S&F you once I figure out how to LoL.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

I did read it, perhaps I took from it something different. If I lost a loved one from a car, I would not blame GM. I've lost friends to this damned war. I don't blame the makers of AK-47's. I've also seen friends be destroyed by booze. I don't blame Shmiranoff.
My point is people.

They will be slopy, lazy, drugged, drunk, crazy, mean, angry.

Ban everything but sticks and you'll see a rash of "stick-beatings".

We are flawed. Oh GOD, how we are flawed.

It is a poor craftsman that blames the tools for his work.
-anon

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Rappers do?

2nd

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I appologize for my scarcasm... Obviously, I have mistook your approach. Again, please allow me to appologize.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chaakin

Thank you. And for information in the future and not my personal benefit Click on FLAG POST at the top of the thread, and the lil empty star next to the name of the person you wish to star...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

It's all good brother. Guns are violent, when held in violent hands. No different that a sharp stick. And your point of gun free zones making it easy targets for the insane crowd is spot on!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
+1

Thank god someone else is realizing this finally... where did rampage shootings start?

POST OFFICES!!!

Where were some of the first gun free workplaces? POST OFFICES

then it became GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONES: gee more shots fired more dead people

then it was most employers: how many brokerages etc have had workplace shootings now?

Then it was colleges: Virginia tech fun fact their policy about guns was so strict and STUPID that campus COPS had to GO BACK TO THEIR OFFICE AND GET THEIR GUNS OUT OF LOCKED CABINETS BECAUSE THEY WEREN"T ALLOWED TO CARRY THEM ON PATROL!!!

There was almost a shooting at a Utah college.... I say almost because many Utah colleges do not have these policies of disarmament and a fellow student stopped the rampage before it started with ZERO LOSS OF LIFE!!

These things are not coincidences: COWARDS will look for an area where they know they can find people who CANNOT SHOOT BACK!

Do not ever let ANYONE tell you that YOU cannot be trusted with assuring your or your family's safety and well being! The SUPREME COURT has issued a Ruling stating that the job of the police is NOT TO PROTECT AND TO SERVE it is to ARREST PEOPLE AFTER THEY COMMIT CRIMES! SO unless you are comfortable with being a victim so that someone can be sent to prison at a cost to tax payers of 60 thousand dollars a year... if that's what you call JUSTICE and that is what you call PUBLIC SAFETY then be my guest DON"T BUY A GUN DON'T DEFEND YOURSELF but for the love of ALL THAT'S HOLY don't try to keep those willing to actually defend themselves and their families from doing it.

The thing i find amusing is that the same people that want to see the general public disarmed say all life is precious... well if life is so precious how come you are willing to let who knows how many people become VICTIMS before someone is caught and imprisoned ( and most likely gets probation or a light sentence the first 2 to 30 times they get caught victimizing people. Add into this that most criminals get caught for less than one out of ten of the crimes they commit at the very least and you create THOUSANDS of victims from just one person like this)

This sickness and stupidity MUST STOP! Whether people like it or not it is just not REALISTIC to think they can ABDICATE their responsibilities as Adults to the state and have it turn into anything but a corrupt unsafe and Tyrannical STATE. We are all responsible for our own health well being and safety no matter what the government tells you or whether YOU WANT TO BE OR NOT! Do not let the tools you need to assure this become illicit illegal or so heavily regulated as to nullify their usefulness because bureaucracies are beings of IMMENSE INERTIA. Once we lose something it may be nearly impossible to get it back without more destruction bloodshed and upheaval than we are capable or willing to commit to the cause at hand.

Our children have to live here too and every step we back up becomes the new NORMAL for them and this generational erosion of freedoms and state usurpation of individual responsibility will get worse every generation if they see nothing but adults giving in and backing up. No matter how hopeless it may seem we must do our best to maintain what we can in trust for those that will come next.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

WOW! I hope you are not panting after that post! Emotion oozing from my screen!

Catch your breath... Get a drink of water... I'm right there with you brother! Great post and wonderful emotion! Here's a star... Now please sit down before you pass out...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So, would it be worth it to be the person who carries the concealed weapon in a place that is forbidden? Its easy to say "yeah, that's what needs to be done." But it's another to be the person on trial because he/she shot someone who went into a school and opened up.

How do you percieve the courts of see the situation?

new topics

top topics

join