It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Language: What does it say to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here are some photos. What do they say to you? Knowing the context, what do they say about that individuals ability to present at the level of the office? Is the office, with so much predicated on ceremony - perception - appearence, hurt - helped - or neutral because of his style?

Feel free to add good photos for discussion purposes.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
these snapshots out of time with no referance as to where/why the picture was taken leaves me thinking this is a loaded question based on out of context information.
i cannot make an accurate determination about body language without contextual referances.
i could guess and say #1 pic is concern
#2 pic is sad concern

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
After four years of printed Bushisms (leaving me pretty much numb to anything ridiculous coming from him now), I have to say one of the most disturbing aspects I took from F911 was the video images of exactly this...Bush body language.

Though it's hard to deny any politcal figure strikes a more "expressive" pose for the camera, it's really in video that you see the real Bush IMO.

Burned in my mind are two things (for all time).

That shoulder to ear laugh, where it's apparently a stiffled belly roll but in his attempt to look diginfied it just becomes this shaking, giddy Barney Fife convulsive spectacle. I've seen it alot, but it's featured a couple times in F911. Especially when he's trying to appear like he knows something...but we're not supposed to know he knows something....like "Oh we're gonna win Florida, you can write it down" said to a reporter questioning him and Jeb just before the election. Then he can't contain his laughter.

And those sneaky damn eyes rolling around in his head. It makes him look 12. Like a charmingly dishonest Edie Hascall, so all the maternal types go awwww, he doesn't know what to do. That's so cute.

Combination body language/words: My number one scariest thing I've ever seen from Bush.

The Skeet Shooting Video: (In F911) Where he misses a shot, then hits the second and turns defensively to his entourage and scolds "Isn't anyone going to say nice shot?" To which grown men quickly respond..

"Nice shot Mr. President."
"Damn nice shot"

Then Bush nods and turns his back satiated.

It's like watching fat Elvis as President! Completely oblivious to the outside world, surrounded by adoring betters that know he's out of control but not about to say a damn thing. Can't you hear Elvis saying that?

"Isn't anyone going to say nice shot?"

"Aww good one Big E."
"Damn nice shot King."

This is the mentality of a person that suggests something STUPID then demands everyone in the room agree with him, and they DO! Or if they don't they're out. See Bush resignations.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
these snapshots out of time with no referance as to where/why the picture was taken leaves me thinking this is a loaded question based on out of context information.
i cannot make an accurate determination about body language without contextual referances.
i could guess and say #1 pic is concern
#2 pic is sad concern

My apology; I should not take it as a given that everyone is up on the same things; the three photos are from ATS posted articles over the last two months.
There is no loaded question intended; I do have my observations, however.
This individual exhibits some very disturbing facial ticks and mannerisms, wit hthe most disturbing being that smile that doesn't match the gravity of what he's talking about. Second would be the inability to "tolerate" alternate opnion; I've never seen a president smirk/snarl at officials & the press like this guy does.

top topics

join