It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, who owns the US NOW? That would be the Fed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered who held the highest percentage of the US debt? Look no further, the people that create the debt now hold the most debt. I think I am going to create a system tomorrow where I can just print as much money as I want, call it the saltheart foamfollower monopoly money.

Fed passes China as the largest holder of US debt

The Federal Reserve has surpassed China as the leading holder of US Treasury securities even though it has yet to reach the halfway mark in its latest round of quantitative easing, according to official figures.

Based on weekly data released on Thursday, the New York Fed’s holdings of Treasuries in its System Open Market Account, known as Soma, total $1,108bn, made up of bills, notes, bonds and Treasury Inflation Protected Securities, or Tips.

According to the most recent US Treasury data on foreign holders of US government paper, China holds $896bn and Japan owns $877bn.

Anyway, do not buy anything of value like commodities, because the dollar is secure, hey they are not like running the printing presses at full steam yet. /sarcasm

By the way, you folks that have been saying that precious metals have been a fools market or is a rip off, are you going to bend over and kiss some arse anytime soon?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
By the way, have you bought seeds for the year?
Have you purchased guns to protect yourself yet?
Have you filled your larder?

Ahhhh, never mind, everything is cool.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

What a dumb article.

The Federal Reserve has always held more US debt than China. Hell, China only became the top holder of US debt a few years ago.

www.treasury.gov... Shows a list of total US Debt holdings.

China held: 895.6/B at the end of November 2010.

Quantitative Easing Round 2 alone the fed purchased $600b of US debt. This does not include QE1 and the debt held prior to the economic collapse of 2008.

In fact, in 2009 it was estimated the Federal Reserve it's self held over $5.35 TRILLION in US Government debt.
This doesn't include total Government liability INSURED by the Reserve which topped $14trillion.

This article is propaganda to make us feel that the debt situation isn't "that bad" if the fed only just took over China.. why, it makes me feel safe enough to support QE3 and 4!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I was just attempting to show the scare tactics of the MSM always going on and on about China owing our debt, when a private banking cartel probably owns 300% of 100% of debt.

Yes, completely illogical numbers I just gave, but how are we to know how much liquidity they dumped into the system?

Hyperbole to get across my points. Sometimes peeps see them, sometimes they don't.

Thanks for the comment.

new topics

top topics

join