It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America’s Committing Suicide By Continuing To Elect People With Their Own Agendas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hello Everyone:
I honestly believe we’re at a point in history that will be looked back upon in the future in either one of two ways. A) We’ll be looked back on as the “generation(s)” that failed to pay attention to our criminal government and take legal, civilized, democratic actions and allowed our country to be taken away from us. Or….. B) We could be remembered as the “generation(s)” of people that woke up before we lost our country. And WE DID something about it by holding elected officials responsible to their duties as servants of the USA, the Constitution, and its people.

I believe a person running for the next Presidency on a “Constitutional Platform” and promises to reverse every “terrorism law” that’s been passed simply to give our government more control over us and/or compromises our constitutional rights could be easily elected. That was a long sentence, I know, I typed it, sorry. I’m not here at the moment to debate who the guilty parties of 9/11 are. But, I think we can all agree that, that historic, unforgivable tragedy allowed the government to manipulate the country in ways that would make Hitler proud. Does anyone else out there get the feeling that “Homeland Security’s” real name is “Security for the Government from it’s Homeland?”

I would rather die for my country while living in it the way our forefathers intended than live forever in it the way it appears to be headed, or, are we already there? This post has been pretty much rhetoric, I know, but it is all true. I’m leaving on this note, listed below are a few of the points in life I try to live by, and when appropriate, point out any of them to our younger generation. If anyone else wants to share their personal motto’s to live by please do so, anything POSITIVE right now would be very welcomed!
1) Your God of choice does not kill people. He does not want anyone else to do so either. He certainly does not want anyone to kill people in his name to justify those actions either. Religions, governments, and ultimately people, kill other people.
2) A man’s character can be judged by how he treats people who can do nothing for him.
3) Take care of the people who take care of you. What I’m trying to say is appreciate those people who help you out when you need it. And be there for them when you’re in a position to do so. I believe the more friendships in life one has like this, the richer that person is.
4) Wherever you go, try to leave that place in a little bit better shape than it was before you got there. This goes from one end of the spectrum to the other.
5) Why are the citizens of America just sitting back and allowing our country to die? I don’t think half the people even know what’s going on in our country, much less the rest of the world. Mainly, because if you want to know the “daily news” in today’s world, you have to research to get it.

Best regards everyone,
CBS01

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
You're on the right track, if everybody thought as clearly as you do we would live in a utopia. A utopia free of bad intentions, people seem to focus their hatred on America, rightfully so but that is just jealousy and they have every right to be jealous.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The U.S. went out of the common citizen's control long before I was born, I'll tell you that. There is nothing to be done. Any attempt at real change will have you being charged as a terrorist and shipped off to God only knows where. When the evil and corruption of American society begins to touch the upper class, we may have change in my country. Until that happens, it's just a beautiful daydream.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I dont think this is the case. It might apply to some. However it is more likely that good and decent politicians end up corrupted by the system. US has one big problem and that is that big money sleeps in the same bed as the gov. Lobbyist etc. are the cancer of the system not to mention military industrial complex. I think these politicians are too naive or weak to defend themselves from their powers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

Thanks OP sounds like your speaking from the heart there, I feel pretty much the same way. Helpful sayings like the one I was raised with, If it's gonna be it's up to me. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in there.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Most people realise the system is sick, here is one thread looking to improve it www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join