It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blix has harsh words for the rush to war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This, again, demonstrates the logical inconsistency of this war on no grounds.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well... I'm certain Mr. Blix has absolutely no motives in maintaining the perceived legitimacy of his role and position.

This one-sided commentary ignores the obvious point... continued efforts at something that has failed for several years was not the proper course of action. The U.N. is ineffective, it has failed -- it proposed and passed resolutions where were terms of surrender after the first Gulf War, but is unable and unwilling to secure enforcement. It's a farce and insult to any logical-thinking person.

Blix's role has been something like the deck painter on the Titanic, still touching up as people scream around him.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
Well... I'm certain Mr. Blix has absolutely no motives in maintaining the perceived legitimacy of his role and position.

please provide your false allegations with links

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You're still in character.

Most people would notice that the comment I posted was a sarcastic-toned opinion.

Before you flail about in trollish manner, claiming it's no different than your posts, it was followed-up by a statement of continued opinion based on established facts. This sarcasm-then-statement is something in which you seem not to be skilled.

In all situations, a person will seek to preserve the position they hold. Mr. Blix is a high-profile U.N. executive who enjoys several moments on the world stage. There is a high-level of incentive for him to maintain his role and perceived importance. Simple human nature.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
You're still in character.

Most people would notice that the comment I posted was a sarcastic-toned opinion.

Ok, so your statement is "Blix is full of #" ?
please provide this with evidence or links.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No cause for a link on this point, Hash boy. Think about it reeeeally hard. Hans' task is over. He has no more podium from which to talk. Now, he is no better than I, just another fellow with an opinion.
What agenda does he have that motivates him to say stupid things like we are "rushing" to war.

Did Saddam hand over the chemicals and biologicals, or give a satisfacory explanation of how and when they were destroyed? No. So, Hans didn't accomplish the task he was given.
Do we want our troops fighting in protective gear in 120 degree heat? No. So is there a time table? Yes.
Do we want Saddam to have another year to hand off nonconventional weapons to terrorists? No.
Is twelve years of U.N. impotence enough time wasted? Yes.
Ok. Resume with the pipe.
By the way, the answer to the other thread can be found in this post, Karl. Remember, how is he a threat to us?
Figured you'd need a clue.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
No cause for a link on this point, Hash boy. Think about it reeeeally hard. Hans' task is over. He has no more podium from which to talk. Now, he is no better than I, just another fellow with an opinion.
What agenda does he have that motivates him to say stupid things like we are "rushing" to war.

Did Saddam hand over the chemicals and biologicals, or give a satisfacory explanation of how and when they were destroyed? No. So, Hans didn't accomplish the task he was given.
Do we want our troops fighting in protective gear in 120 degree heat? No. So is there a time table? Yes.
Do we want Saddam to have another year to hand off nonconventional weapons to terrorists? No.
Is twelve years of U.N. impotence enough time wasted? Yes.
Ok. Resume with the pipe.
By the way, the answer to the other thread can be found in this post, Karl. Remember, how is he a threat to us?
Figured you'd need a clue.

Yes, i understand now that you firmly believe Saddam is the secret Emperor of Mars

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Your wit makes wise things foolish. Have your mouth fill'd up before you open it.

top topics

join