It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chinese being honored by the media?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I was watching headline news tonight and what commercial pops up? A commercial honor Chinese space travel, then Chinese bravery with a chinese soldier standing in uniform. It also included some other ideals that I couldn't catch all at once. Why are we honoring the Chinese? I would think they would honor our space travel, our soldiers, our country....."they" as in the American media.

I am kind of shocked that it went this far, but yet again I guess it supports the opinions of those who believe the Chinese are already taking over our country from within. I don't know what to think so maybe I can get some answers from these wonderful people!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Again maybe I misunderstood the commercials' intent, but this sort of "opened my eyes" more as some would say.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I saw that commercial a few days ago on CNN during either Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper. When I first saw it about 2 weeks ago, I thought it was just because of the visit by the Chinese president, and it was their way of showing respect. However, it has been playing occasionally even after he left. I find it very...interesting...to say the least.

I don't recall *ever* seeing this much advertisement for another country on US msm. I mean, we know our politicians are pretty much in the back pockets of the Israeli interests, but I have never seen an advertisement for the Israeli military and government on tv here. Not even Canada...and they are our true closest allies.

Something is definitely fishy about it, but what it is I couldn't even begin to speculate, because it could mean anything really. If I were to take a guess, though....it is our msm bowing to our country's overlords.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

I cannot agree more. I have never seen a commercial honoring the Israelis either. It just bothered me a little that they can have a commercial honoring all of there accomplishments and military...It really makes me wonder if something might happen soon.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Had anyone else seen this commercial yet?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
I was watching headline news tonight and what commercial pops up? A commercial honor Chinese space travel, then Chinese bravery with a chinese soldier standing in uniform. It also included some other ideals that I couldn't catch all at once. Why are we honoring the Chinese? I would think they would honor our space travel, our soldiers, our country....."they" as in the American media.

Hello Marine
Semper Fi

U must be in Lejune being in NC. Not far from there myself.
Matter of fact I visited last year.

do you have a link to it or can tell us what news
channel it came on ???

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I don't have a link, I was watching headline news tonight and it came on at one of the commercial breaks. It was on the channel CNN is on. Ill try and see if its on the internet as well. Yes Im right around there
I also have an apartment around Burlington. Thanks for your reply!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Marine
maybe you remember all those leaflets
dropped in Afghanistan and Iraq that
stated the US is ur friend.

You know that battle for the hearts and minds
of the locals. It was a Psy-Op.

And now, that same Psy-Op is being turned
on the American public.

The commercials are to win the hearts and
minds of the American people to the Chinese
and Israel.

And guess who funds these TV Psy-Ops
in America ???

Media Matters

and guess where they get their funding from ???

George Soros, leader of the NWO

Stand fast Marine, take point.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

When I read your post, I immediately thought it must be some sort of ad campaign to help fight anti-Chinese sentiments in US.

It is:

China’s State Council Information Office, or SCIO, confirmed to China Real Time yesterday that it has hired a local advertising agency, Shanghai Lintas Advertising, to produce a commercial to be aired in the U.S. ahead of President Hu Jintao’s visit to Washington, D.C. next week as part of a broad effort to soften China’s image abroad.

blogs.wsj.com...

edit on 2/2/11 by ConspiracyNut23 because: added video link

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

When I read your post, I immediately thought it must be some sort of ad campaign to help fight anti-Chinese sentiments in US.

It is:

China’s State Council Information Office, or SCIO, confirmed to China Real Time yesterday that it has hired a local advertising agency, Shanghai Lintas Advertising, to produce a commercial to be aired in the U.S. ahead of President Hu Jintao’s visit to Washington, D.C. next week as part of a broad effort to soften China’s image abroad.

blogs.wsj.com...

It's a propaganda BS cover story.
The Chinese Pres. has already
went back to China 2 weeks ago
and the ads are still playing.

news.xinhuanet.com...

edit on 2/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

or maybe this one hits a lil closer home
with it's true intent

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Any PR campaign is propaganda.

The Chinese make no secret that they wish to clean up their international image. If it ain't secret, then it ain't a conspiracy.

Not sure why you refer to it as a 'BS cover story', any nation is constantly trying to improve it's image. No cover story needed. This particular campaign was made to coincide with Hu’s visit though.

From the same article:

The government has invested billions of dollars in promoting its image at a time when global concern over Chinese policies, such as the nation’s treatment of dissent, have resurged.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You know....I know our opinions probably greatly differ because of what I do...but I cannot agree more. The president has already left and they are playing multiple commercials still? It makes me sick. Showing a Chinese military man in uniform and stating he fights for honor. Keep that in your own country. What bothers me is the chinese and us military is fairly quiet. Now let's speak hypothetically for a minute
Im sure some special forces get briefed to go into many countries for assignments from Iran to beyond....one of the only major vital countries we probably haven't had an assignment in. If this were to happen I'm. Sure it would make you a little weary as well. Again that's a fine subject and is all hypothetical...take it or leave it
edit on 2-2-2011 by MarineSniper12Kills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The president has already left and they are playing multiple commercials still?

And they will most likely continue to do so in the future. They want to clean up their image. I'm sure they know that a 2- week ad campaign (?) won't do it.

Showing a Chinese military man in uniform and stating he fights for honor. Keep that in your own country.

At this moment, China isn't the greatest purveyor of violence. We all know who's doing the killing nowadays. It's not China.

edit on 2/2/11 by ConspiracyNut23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

That chinese military man isn't going to fight for your country. We are. Keep it in China.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Granted if your in America...which is where the commercial was played. If not then it doesn't pertain to you unless its playing in your country.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Every country uses the same propaganda on it's soldier.

They want soldiers to believe that joining the military is honorable - That their murders are somehow to protect rights and freedoms. All countries do this, it' not exclusive to China or even the US.
edit on 2/2/11 by ConspiracyNut23 because: wrong post reference

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I understand that completely and not all soldiers are brainwashed even though this has nothing to do with this thread...now back on topic. The point is it is honoring Chinese soldiers on american media.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I fully agree with you here. There is no need to show Chinese soldiers.

IMO, a very poor choice on their part. I wonder if this came from the ad agency or if if was specifically stipulated by their clients.

Either way. Very poor choice.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I agree with you. I wish I could find the exact ad online but I can't. I am waiting for it to come on again lol going to catch it on my phone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join