It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these massive underground bases? And if they aren't bases then what are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A friend of mine was on a flight from NYC to LA and after passing salt lake city he snapped a photo from his airplane window of which I have hi-res of a massive hole in the center of a mountain along with roads leading to it. I used google maps to try and locate the exact place of this object in my friends photograph and came accross these similar looking tunnels going underground.

39.25502,-115.556345

Any ideas?

Is that just some gigantic mining operation?
edit on 1-2-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

That looks like a mine to me. There are a ton around for comparison. Check out Morenci mine in AZ, for example.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Yes, strip mining. Been there. pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Can you post hi res picture from your friend on this thread. That way we can give better opinion on your topic. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That is very strange looking. So strange looking i would say it looks like it's a man made mountain,reminds me of the heat rocks a lizard would sit on.

Also it is not very far from dugway proving grounds. One of about five military bases,that are capable of doing something uknown. I guess i did not say that right,considering most military bases are capable of doing the unkown,unless you have a security clearance to learn that unknown.

What im really saying is,there are about 5 military bases that are capable of doing something huge,dugway is one of them and it's not far from those coordinates.

top topics

join