It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt’s undercover police behind museum looting, group claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Human Rights Watch emergency director Peter Bouckaert told The Washington Post that police identification cards were found on several wounded looters that broke in to Cairo's Egyptian Museum.

The looters had police identification cards on them. Unless they are forgeries or do not match up with the looter's face, I would say this is clear cut evidence that this desecration against a priceless artifact was done in incite violence in the population, by the police.

edit on 1-2-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
probably just a plot for a few of the low payed police to get rich, they will have contacts through their work and are probably corrupt as hell. there is no proof linking this to the president but he could be behind it but i think corrupt police sound more likely imo.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
from the info ive read, it was the meuseums own security guards who looted the place.
They get payed very little, and the police conscripts even less.
This report i read earlier today in my travels but connot supply a link....it would not be surprising however....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
from the info ive read, it was the meuseums own security guards who looted the place.

Do you have a source please? They found police ID on the looters, so unless the police were taking their day job as a museum guard rather than controlling the riots then they could not have been museum workers, and if they are just cops "guarding" the museum, they did a criminal job.

new topics

top topics

join