It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Chairman: Party Debt Is Worse Than Numbers Sheet Shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- Newly elected Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus took the job with $23 million in debt and cut a third of the staff he inherited from his predecessor, the controversial and gaffe-prone Michael Steele.

In year-end federal finance reports on Monday, the GOP central committee showed that $2 million of its debt came during Steele's final two weeks as he sought to keep hold of his chairmanship. The Democratic National Committee, meanwhile, reported a continued fraction of that debt but had enough cash in the bank to pay off the loans immediately.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

So, this is supposed to be the party of fiscal discipline? How exactly are we supposed to believe that the GOP wants to have a balanced budget when their National Committee's books are all out of whack and they are in debt?

Of course, they are going to blame Michael Steele for everything, which sounds like a cop out to me, but hey, these are the fiscal conservatives that the country wanted to cut the budget and balance the budget, yet they can't even keep their own house affairs in order.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure most of the people in RNC are very wealthy - they can put up some money to drive down the debt. It is not like it's the national debt!

Cheap bastards.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't know. I'll send in my check immed.... nah, no I won't.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I just find it odd, that the people who ran on fixing the budget, cutting down government, and reducing spending have such a problem in their own national committee. Doesn't look good for their campaign promises, and the GOP agenda altogether.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

It makes you look like a shill when you criticize the lack of fiscal conservatism in the GOP, while never addressing the same in your own flavor of political party (I believe the DNC, correct?).

Did you add anything of value to the dialogue? Or just point out the splinter in someone else's eye, while ignoring the plank in your own?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I just find it odd, that the people who ran on fixing the budget, cutting down government, and reducing spending have such a problem in their own national committee. Doesn't look good for their campaign promises, and the GOP agenda altogether.

Make it real easy for you: they lied. That is what every single person in DC does to get elected. Just like we have a POTUS that promised to get out of Iraq, close Gitmo, reduce war efforts, and improve the homeland. Instead Gitmo is still open, our Iraq withdrawal is a scam, we have increased military spending, and decreased domestic spending.

Fiscal conservatism is dead. RIP

new topics

top topics

join