It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Paranormal Power of... Disbelief

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Interesting topic here.
Here's my 2 cents:

To believe, or disbelieve something, for that matter, is equally wrong in my opinion. Is a matter of choice, and has nothing to do with the reality, or truth.
Belief - definition: Assent to a proposition or affirmation, or the acceptance of a fact, opinion, or assertion as real or true, without immediate personal knowledge; reliance upon word or testimony; partial or full assurance without positive knowledge or absolute certainty; persuasion; conviction; confidence; as, belief of a witness; the belief of our senses.

Did you noticed that we talk about "belief" only in matters that are beyond our knowledge? Nobody needs to believe that a sun exists, because it's a certainty. Not the same about UFO's (just an example). Belief is the oposite of knowledge and logic. Even worse, some think that they should believe it first, and then "they'll know" . How absurd that is?

And just the same about disbelieving.

On the other side, I think is more about an open-minded attitude; about being willing to learn, to verify, to understand. That is very important. We all have our beliefs, big or small, things that we choose to just believe because it's easier that way. We all have things that we instinctively reject because "we can't believe" them.

I think we should use our intelligence and acquire as much knowledge as we can, stay open minded and never say never. But belief or disbelief by themselves are walls hiding the truth from us.

"I want to know" is much better than "I want to believe", don't you think?
edit on 5-2-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join