It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View 07: Revolt In Egypt!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Egypt, the United State's most critical ally in the Middle East is experiencing an historic revolt of it's citizens against the Mubarak regime that threatens to throw the entire region into turmoil. And with Obama beginning to be classified as "the president who lost Egypt," you would think the US news media is keeping us all well-informed as to this critical tipping point in the world's most volatile region. Right? Well, think again.

(Standard definition version)

(click to open player in new window)

Click here for the HD version

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Delete please!
edit on 1-2-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
My question is, how many more people did you interview?
Seemed like only one of them knew anything about it, more than just that it had happened.

He seemed well read, but he looked pretty middle eastern to me so maybe that was why.
edit on 1-2-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
My question is, how many more people did you interview?
Seemed like only one of them knew anything about it, more than just that it had happened.

He seemed well read, but he looked pretty middle eastern to me so maybe that was why.
edit on 1-2-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

I too am curious just how many people you interviewed. Not that I am ever surprised at the utter lack of knowledge of current events by the average American. Well done.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This video displays & confirms my thoughts on how silly people in our west have become. Half of them dont know anything about whats going on & the rest are actually saying the revolution is cool & Mubarack should leave. Yeah a revolution does sound cool, especially when your own media present it to you as though its a good thing. Be carefull what you wish for. Im going to put this statement here iv posted in another thread to explain why i say this.

Can it not simply be a case of Hardline Islamists working behind the scene's to bring together the Islamic Jihad we have heard so much about under the guise of freeing oppressed people from thier own governments, could it not be this movement getting together to take down governments in their part of the world that are allies of western states, with the view to bringing in an arab world full of governments & armies that could oneday unite with the intention of carrying out the holy war they have promised for years against Israel & the west. Which in my eyes is more dangerours than what you proclaim. We all know how these people see themselves & how they feel its time to make a better world for themselves, they have warned of a holy war coming to the west & in my eyes this is what is happening. The trick of whats going on here, is what the media and officials are telling us. Were led to believe Mr Obama was on the blower hinting to Mubarak to leave office, so why is he defying what Obama, Cameron & other leaders are supposidly telling him to do. You can bet your bottom dollar they are in actual fact telling him to do what ever he can to stay, they need him there.(There's your conspiracy folks) The other trick being played on us is seen on news reels, we are seeing western people in the US & Europe being interviewed & being conned into saying they think Mubarack should go & give into his people's demands, but they obviously dont know what it means if he does. There's a lot going on & people dont really know the truths, thats whats worrying. This video by ATS displays my point about people obviosuly not really understanding the outcome of Egypt being over thrown, ATS Street View Video. People hear the word revolution & think its cool. Be afraid of what you wish for, especially when you dont know how its going to turn out

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks again for bringing us the Street View, I am disappointed that most of the people interviewed had no clue what was going on with the exception of the young man who said he thought Obama and Clinton's response was weak and also the fact that our very own country was founded on revolution, how soon we forget, I am guessing that most younger American's have no clue on how our country was founded, what are they not teaching our kids in school.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The one guy who was interviewed said (paraphrasing) "I don't know, I don't know what they are going to do but I'm sure our government is going to do something". He then said he will just have to wait to see what they (our government) will do.

A very popular response from people regardless of what event is happening.

Thank you ATS for these Street View Videos.

Cheers
SL

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

Thanks for your post. I myself have been thinking this revolution is a good thing, and you bring another perspective to it. Whenever there is a revolution, there is always the chance that the government will be replaced by another one equally as oppressive or worse. Look what happened after the Russian revolution in 1917.

Still,my view is basically that it is very American to believe in any movement for freedom and democracy, which we value very highly here, and hope for the best for Egypt. You can't blame us for cherishing our freedoms.

The Iranian uprising about a year ago seemed to be the beginning of a movement for freedom all over the middle east. I followed the news on that very carefully and it did not seem to me to be an attempt to institute an even more repressive regime. The protesters were very clearly Muslim, but my understanding was that they were trying to oust a government that was essentially dominated by Muslim fundamentalists.

I also would like to see Obama come out more forcefully for the people of Egypt, although, like you, he may be unsure as to the real driving force behind the revolution.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the interest everyone.
I am not certain how many people we interviewed, however we filmed for about 2.5 hours and got around 35 mins of footage. The gentleman who had the most to say was raised in London but lives here in the States now. He had actually attended a demonstration at the Egyptian Embassy on the day the riots happened and claimed there were less than 60 people there in attendance.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Iv yet to hear or be convinced why it would be a good thing when the likely new government would consist of the "Muslim Brotherhood" this crowd has links in each & every country we are seeing an uprising in, they have also been active in the US since the 1960s. More needs to be learnt about these but from what iv learnt in few short days, they are not wanting to begin sending western countries bunches of flowers

edit on 1-2-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
So sad that so many people in the U.S. are apathetic, self centered leeches upon humanity.

I have lived in Gardner, MA, USA all my life, and I have been following this story closely.

Many uninformed people have expressed concern that the muslim brotherhood, will have an undo influence in the new government. But what they fail to realize is that the muslim brotherhood comprises only 15-20 percent of the population. There are many religions in Egypt, Christians, Jews, Muslims, and atheists.

Be happy my friends, the new government will be a secular government.

It is so inspiring to see people rise up against totalitarian rule. The 1.5 million man police force has been oppressing, beating, torturing and murdering the civilians for the last 30 years.

About 50% of all Egyptians make a mere 2 dollars a day.

So instead of fearing this Revolution, we should be embracing it with all our hearts.

The Egyptians in the past week have been calling for Freedom and Democracy.

And President Obama is a damn coward for not seizing upon this moment to call for Mubarak to immediately step down. Barack Obama, talks a good game, but his corporate masters want him to continue to back the oppressive regime.

Freedom gained anywhere in the world, makes the world a better place to live.

Mubarak, just a few minutes ago, gave a speech on state run television, saying that he is not leaving, but he won't run for re-election, but in September, there will be free and fair elections. He also said, that he will not leave Egypt, but will die in Egypt.

The protesters immediately dismissed the speech as more lies and propaganda and false promises, and vowed to next protest at the Presidential Palace.

Mubarak may die in Egypt sooner than he thinks.

Inspiring and Powerful Video
www.youtube.com...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
edit on 1-2-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: added link to video

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Great post, I agree with you 100%, It embarrasses me to see the American reaction, don't they realize we are here today because of Revolution.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

You want prospective, just on your facebook and see how many people really care and understand the greater implication of this.

Thanks for telling us what we already know. What a great use of ATS's time and resources.
Fail: Garbage programming.

Hail to the Warriors of the Light.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MojosGh0st
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

You want prospective, just on your facebook and see how many people really care and understand the greater implication of this.

Thanks for telling us what we already know. What a great use of ATS's time and resources.
Fail: Garbage programming.

Hail to the Warriors of the Light.

Hateful comment, why waste time with hate, when Love is truly the answer to all the world's problems.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Out of most of my friends, they didn't know about Egypt till today.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Agreed,Hendrix92 the video truly shows how self absorbed and oblivious a great many Americans are.I bet if they asked them about what is happening on American Idol and the NFL playoffs they would get detailed accounts.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Be happy my friends, the new government will be a secular government.

It is so inspiring to see people rise up against totalitarian rule. The 1.5 million man police force has been oppressing, beating, torturing and murdering the civilians for the last 30 years.

About 50% of all Egyptians make a mere 2 dollars a day.

So instead of fearing this Revolution, we should be embracing it with all our hearts.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

I wouldnt be so sure about that, Take a look at whats going on right now, all out battles on the street, the place is in turmoil & it shows no signs of relenting. There's an awful lot of people there who dont want change and let me say this, they are the people who would be considered western friendly. Im in contact with a person who has just got the internet back who has said he would not want his legitimate president removed as he fears for what will inevitably become of the region.
edit on 2-2-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I've been following the Egyptian Revolution on Al Jazeera, CNN, NBC, Press TV, and various Facebook groups (including the We Are All Khaled Said group, which is stellar) for over a week now. There are so many discrepancies, that even people who half ass trying to learn cannot.

I know media will never go ahead and show the same things, and who would want it to? But it would be nice to have another frelling American to talk to about these historic events.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Greetings! This week we're giving New Yorkers another chance to see what they know about Egypt and the condition of the Middle East. If you're interested in coming by to give your view, you can find the crew at the south west corner of Times Square on Saturday.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

i agree with you 100% exept the part of secular government....the government will represent everyone and it will be selected by the people of egypt....
The most important part that it won't be secular government..

new topics

top topics

join