It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow moving between ATS areas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm trying to discern if the problem is my computer or traffic on ATS. Moving between threads is very slow on my HP XP machine with 1280gb memory. In moving around, I frequently get a black hole in the screen for several seconds with no text except for the header.

It is faster for me to quit the site entirely and then rejoin. Is this normal for heavy traffic or a machine problem? I do have a frequent problem on start up--frequently it doesn't, and it may lock up somewhere along the process. This may happen several times before it gets it right and usually is OK until shut down.

Current Norton is installed, recently defragged plus a shop recently checked it but didn't find anything wrong. And advice would be appreciated. (I'm think I need to find a better shop!)
edit on 31-1-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

it's happening to me right now as well, it is unusual. I have 8g of ram so I have never had a problem surfing.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Happening with me too - most likely the traffic, people are online waiting for the big storm to arrive in the US.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
I'm trying to discern if the problem is my computer or traffic on ATS. Moving between threads is very slow on my HP XP machine with 1280gb memory. In moving around, I frequently get a black hole in the screen for several seconds with no text except for the header.

Uhh? You really have 1280 GB of ram? Perhaps the reason for the slowness is your PC lives in the future..

I make do on my main PC with 4gb DDR3. However, on this old P3 box I'm running now, I have 1GB old pc300 or something they made in the dinosaur age, and I get what could be described as the problem you experience, and it's usually due to the large amount of embedded streaming adverts and flash, let alone I dare try to load a page from here that asks about what makes people tick and has a bazillion youtube vids in it.. lol

Or did you mean 1gb ram? Oo

It is faster for me to quit the site entirely and then rejoin. Is this normal for heavy traffic or a machine problem? I do have a frequent problem on start up--frequently it doesn't, and it may lock up somewhere along the process. This may happen several times before it gets it right and usually is OK until shut down.

Current Norton is installed, recently defragged plus a shop recently checked it but didn't find anything wrong. And advice would be appreciated. (I'm think I need to find a better shop!)
edit on 31-1-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

Sounds to me like your PC needs an upgrade, as sadly, we're in the age of ADVERTS ADVERTS ADVERTS and no remote control to change channel...

:/

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The internet slowdown seems to be mostly ATS. I noticed it really bad while reading the "UFO over Temple Mount" post. I have satellite internet and the update times between windows became slow - as in five minute between windows slow. I've ran my System Mechanic several times as well as Comodo Internet Security (free issue) with nothing found affecting my computer. It seems (to me) to have started with the Temple Mount post.
Also, FWIW, I don't seem to be having problems at all with other websites. Speedy as usual.
I guess the NSA computers are getting a work out.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Thanks for the responses. As most of you have probably figured out, I run 1280mb not 1280gb as I initially posted!

UFOs I pretend to know a lot about, this computer, not so. Thanks again, people.

new topics

top topics

join