It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese air force drill looks awfully similar to 'Top Gun'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Chinese air force drill looks awfully similar to 'Top Gun'

[url=http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2666274/posts[/url]

Viewers were led to believe that what they were seeing was a live fire exercise. But according to Ministry of Tofu: "A net user who went by the name "刘毅" (Liu Yi) pointed out that the jet that the J-10 'hit' is an F-5, a US fighter jet. In Top Gun, what the leading actor Tom Cruise pilots an F-14 to bring down is exactly an F-5. Looking at the screenshots juxtaposition, one cannot fail to find that even flame, smoke and the way the splinters fly look the same."

Not convinced? The Wall Street Journal's China Real Time Report put the videos side-by-side.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I saw this a little while ago and thought I'd post it here. It ammused me maybe some of you can post your opinions pro or con.

A friend of mine said

Chinas government's using TOP GUN footage in their propaganda! Hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha!!! Call the Iceman.... wait.... he cant fit in the jumpsuit now....Neither can Tom Cruises ego.... and Goose is Dead! Thats it - they might as well switch to footage of the Zero's attacking at Pearl Harbor!

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110131/ts_yblog_thecutline/chinese-air-force-drill-looks-awfully-similar-to-top-gun]news.yahoo.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join