It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Canadian Eskimos/inuits/survivalists round NWT/Alberta?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
gonna be heading out there in a fair bit and wanting to see if anyone needs some help with doing any sort of daily tasks to just survive out there. i planned to go out on my own but I just got this crave to learn from a tribe/another rather then all alone. i'd love to be an extra hand helper to learn.

seeing how this goes.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We don't say 'Eskimo' anymore dude....

I've from Northern Sk orignally. Some advice I've got for you is... learn to make fire, learn to make shelter, learn what you can and cannot eat. (Oh please please don't do anything that INto the wild guy did. He had no clue) There is a wide range of berries, roots, oh so many delicious animals. Also you will be eaten alive by blackflies, noseethems, and the big Ms

Good Luck to you!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Count Me In!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I know mate, it was just banter.
Smoke protects ya from the pesky insects. My biggest worry is the physiological strength that I don't have, which is why I made the topic just to see the chances of learning from another.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My 1st suggestion is to study your geography. You named the nwt which are 2 separate entities. Then you threw in Alberta which is a Province.
My suggestion is to go to the Edmonton Mall for a submarine ride.
Then maybe take a job at Mc Donald's where you may meet some Inuits.

Seriously, living in the Arctic where little grows because of temperature, You would have a better chance in the Nevada desert.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalithe
Also you will be eaten alive by blackflies, noseethems, and the big Ms

The one thing I dread is those blackflies...they are enough to drive one out of one's mind. No matter how one tries to cover up and protect ones self, they always find a way to creep in and under your clothes.

and they don't taste that good either...lil buggers..remember to keep your mouth closed....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yeah at least when you take shelter blackflies won't bite inside... strange but true. Noseethems will eat you anywhere and hurt more than blackflies.

It takes a different kind of person to be able to survive with no people. I was raised in the middle of no where. It's natural for me to be at peace with myself.... though I tend to wear headphones when in groups of large people. Malls, stores, gatherings of vast numbers, etc.

Well if you ever make it to nowhere.... remember time runs differently... honest.

new topics

top topics

join