It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candy recall - Nuclear Sludge candy recalled due to excess lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Why do we poison are children? Are we that stupid. YES..

www.examiner.com

TOXIC WASTE Nuclear Sludge is sold individually, in Party Bags or Membership kits packed in 30, 80 and 120 count bags as well as a 120 count fishbowl. Imported from Pakistan, the products were distributed in retail stores and through mail order in America, Canada, Ireland, Jordan, Korea, Mexico, El Salvador and Guatemala. The products were distributed between May 2009 and January 2011.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-1-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: Headline altered to correct for grammar and comply with news headline requirements

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ok I have a huge problem with this. Now if a country such as Pakistan which has our enemy UBL alqueda on there territory. Then why the hell are we imorting candy to feed our children from there. Not for nothing I will never by any food products other than meats fish vegatables and fruit and on a occasion I will try to find gum which is not loaded with asparatame. Good luck on that one too. Not many...

Any time you buy some items and the price seems to good to be true look it over . Usually you will see that it was made in some place other than the US. Now I'm not saying the USA food supply is any safer but WTF.

Where is the government not doing their job? This is your job assholes. This is why I pay my taxes and as usual your asleep at the wheel. And now you want to control health care.

Let me ask you a question oh big mister government. Is there anything you have not screwed up. Lets see.

Social security. Yup you screwed that up its bankrupt.
Banking industry. Yup you screwed that up too.
Housing market. Yup that too.
There are just to many to list sorry.

Mind your own buisness and just do your job.

If this was a buisness you asses would have been fired and your would all be in jail.
RB

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
"According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, all products labeled
Toxic Waste Brand’s Nuclear Sludge candy have been recalled.
Circle City Marketing and Distributing, doing business as Candy Dynamics,
issued the voluntary recall on January 27, 2011. The fruit-flavored candy is
being recalled due to excessive levels of lead."

That is crazy. Same thing that happened with China a couple of years back with babies toys. They sold us baby toys laced with lead. Do you remember? China also sold us tainted baby and pet food that killed a whole buch of pet. Dunnno about the human cusualties. I'll loook into it.

But what is the world coming to? Screw free trade. It hurt so much people and now the machine is so big if we stop it the world's gonna crash...Thanks TPT

,l,, o_O ,,l,

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Let me ask you a question oh big mister government. Is there anything you have not screwed up. Lets see.

Social security. Yup you screwed that up its bankrupt.
Banking industry. Yup you screwed that up too.
Housing market. Yup that too Here I will provide a complete list of things our government has done right...
5. its all there,everything they've done in the best interests of its citizens.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We ARE poisoning our children!

I recently came across this podcast on NPR: Death By Rubber Duck

Very interesting if you have some time to listen...they discuss toxins in everyday items we use and toxins in toys. They don't go into too much depth but the book offers more information.

It makes me wonder what we are doing to our children. Chemical cocktails everywhere...

I have also been very concerned over the years with children's food products as well. Do any of you take the time to read the ingredients in the candy marketed to our children? And those preservative heavy lunchables, frozen pizza and chicken tenders?

Are we so lazy or busy that we can't take the time to make and feed our children healthy meals and snacks? Let's just grab that off the shelf, it'll satisfy our kids - oh look it has a toy and a candy inside too!

It's our own fault that we have exposed our children to poison...and I am guilty too...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What's next? 'Poison Drain Cleaner Candy', made from real drain cleaner?

And some people thought candy cigarettes were bad for the kiddies!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
While product saftey ought to be the concern of everyone to an extent, at the same time you pay the government to do certain things on your behalf. If they cant even get these simple proceedures right, then what the hell are you paying them for ? How for instance did Toyota get their busted half crazed attempt at a breaking system past American health and saftey checks ? How do these toys, and sweets, EVER get into the country. For the money America pays in tax, Im amazed at the laxity and general inability of the relavent government bodies to perform what should be a simple task.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Ok I have a huge problem with this. Now if a country such as Pakistan which has our enemy UBL alqueda on there territory. Then why the hell are we imorting candy to feed our children from there.

Our countries are actually buying candy for our children, named "Toxic Waste Nuclear Sludge" from people in a part of the world that would rather see us dead?!?

Plus they say the lead is unacceptable levels. There are acceptable levels of lead to ingest????
What is wrong with people these days?
That's so unbelievably stupid on so many levels.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It baffles me why ANYONE would eat something labeled "TOXIC WASTE Nuclear Sludge" and expect no side effects

Our modern age we are exposed to more toxins and microwaves than ever before in human history ( well recorded history) yet our average lifespan has INCREASED

Odd that huh?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Sounds to me like you want all the protections of a big, strong government...But you don't want to pay the price. Maybe this crap wouldn't make it to our shores if the budget of every program that protects us hadn't been slashed to subsidize industry and corporations...Maybe then we'd have more than just a few inspectors to stem the tide of poison being sold to us.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

No just protection from all enemies foriegn and domestic that is all.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom.Maybe then we'd have more than just a few inspectors to stem the tide of poison being sold to us.

We have over 120 spook agencies that I have documented, the TSA is groping down your pants, and the police are starting to think "We the people" are public enemy #1

I doubt they care about what you eat, or what they put.... errrr what is in your water

No worries though Monsanto will keep ya healthy with all that genetically modified food and meat

top topics

join