It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the sky that disappear when you look at them...anyone else been having similar experiences

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

This is simply a single bright light, I've only ever seen by looking out of the window towards the sky, and it's only been happening the past couple of months.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This happened to me about a year ago. I was at work and glanced up at what i thought was jupiter in the southern sky. I've been into astronomy for years and the position of it, magnitude, colour were all as jupiter is.
i carried on working a couple of minutes and then glanced up at it again. It was still there, as i expected it to be. But then it literally dissolved! It simply faded to nothing in about two to three seconds, and that was that. Gone!
A perfectly cloudless sky. And it didn't reappear. It's got me stumped.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
spots

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

The moon?

No seriously it's probably what I said just then, looking at a bright monitor causes the light to bleach the back of your retinas for a short while, when you look outside or away from the screen your eyes haven't had time to resynthesise the rhodopsin and iodopsin that allow you to see

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
dont get me wrong but this always used to happen to me, it may well be a reflection of some kind of light sorce in that exact room

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Most likely to be iridium flares.

Iridium satellites are part of a fleet of satellites, build for worldwide wireless communications. The users directly contact with the handy one of the satellites, i.e. one of the three Main Mission Antennas MMA (the three panels in the bottom of the image with a size of about 1x2m2). When you happen to see the reflection of sunrays from these antennas or from the solar panels, you will stand in the limelight: The satellite lights up for a few seconds will and produces an almost dazzling flare, that can even cast shadows.

You can use Heavens above to predict these, sometimes you even can get daytime flares.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

That's very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing! I'll definitely look into that more.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
First off, let me say hi to everyone on the board as this is my first post.

I have just found this original thread and felt I had to reply. I too, have had this phenomena, in fact I thought it was kind of fun at first. However in all seriousness, not only is it white or bright streaks or flashes in the night sky that disappear, but I have also noticed that indoors or during daylight hours I have thought I had seen the same effect but with black dots/streaks. The night lights are more common though.
And let me add that I am not always at a computer when I have seen this happening. For me, this started around December (2010). So I have not got a clue what this is. The last eye test I had said 20/20 vision....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This has happen evrytime I step outside to take a smoke, break, or anytime at night for me... Several times.
I just ignore it and assume its something with my eyes

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yup, I seen those lights pop in then fade out, they did'nt even move left or right... just in and out.

And the wife has seen them come low, close, poping in and out from behind a near by tree like playing peekaboo then dropped out of sight lol I know funny huh? But this did happen.

Im begining to feel stocked, Sirius lol... stupid government that cant stop them
Anyone else see anything do this?

Addd
edit on 16-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I have been having experiences almost exactly to some of these posted in this thread for 3 years now. In fact what lead me to this site today and to join is because I did a google search for these experiences. My personal experiences seem to have gone on longer and advanced further than those posted here.

When it began 3 years ago the lights were higher in the sky, as many of you here appear to be reporting. By the way, at times I may be on the computer as many of us are in the evening, but many times I am nowhere near the computer, as you will see in my story. I don't think the computer is a factor, at least not in my case.

I almost everynight sky watch, as I have since a child. When I noticed 3 years ago lights in the sky that seemed to be following me/observing me/reacting to me. As I actively watched them, watched for them and took note of their actions, they would eventually change their tactics and position.

After watching these star-like lights move back and forth in a specific space in the sky, from center at a 45 degree angle above my balcony to left then right as I would watch them, always dimming their light as they moved and at times receiving tiny lights into them. The bigger star/planet-like light would flash yellow orange red and green at times as well as just a warm light color, unlike the silvery/blue light of distant stars. The smaller lights that would sometimes merge with them were a faint lavender glow. When I would specifically and obviously observe them they would just turn off their light. This perplexed me because it became apparent eventually that they were reacting to my observation.

After a year and a half these seemed to just not be showing up anymore, but larger bright lights in the sky were visible all around my small town which would move around every 20 minutes or so. I used to point them out to people when I realized no one ever looks at the sky to see these strange things. Every person would say... huh, it must be our government. I found that strange. People are just unconcerned.

At that point I began to notice a light down low that would go back and forth behind 2 large trees about 50 yards away straight out in front of my balcony; like another person said (like peekaboo). I began noticing every night as I slept and would then turn over in my bed I would slightly wake up with my eyes opening and the light would be there shing brilliantly. On the nights I would fully wake and open my eyes fully to stare at it in disbelief it will then dim to an orangish glow as it moved behind the tree and apparently turn off. I often caught this going on several times in a night, but not every night. This light also had this same behavior when I would be up and busy in the room. Frequently I would be fully aware but not look directly at it, covertly watching it as it watched me. When I would look directly at it, it would move behind the tree as the light dimmed to off.

After about 8 months of that, it seemed to disappear. However, it took me some months to realize that the tiny bright lights I have been seeing during the day now and sometimes at night, just in the 20 feet range off of my balcony, are probably the same thing. Maybe, but on occasion I have seen them in my house too. The daylight appearances are interesting, the 2 previous forms were always at night. It is most often morning but may be anytime of day and the tiny bright lights only show up in shadows, never where sun could be shining on something. They are intensely bright and tend to stay bright for a couple of minutes with me looking directly at them before they fade to off. They have even shown up quite a few times within 2 to 3 feet of my face and many times in the room with me. I have even had them follow me from room to room. I would liken them to the look of a fiber optic light, but there is no apparent source.

I am very interested to hear further from the people here that have experienced these lights. At first I began to believe in extraterrestrials visiting and observing us. Then I thought possibly military drones, now I feel it is possibly angels coming en masse to protect us from whatever darkness everyone seems to feel is coming.

edit on 5-10-2012 by MaeScarlett because: to correct misspelling.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OH MY GOD. YES, YES, YES!!! I thought I was crazy. I always look up at the sky. I have a beagle, and I always take her for her evening walk because my wife always takes her for her morning walk. I see them all the time. They look like shooting stars, except bright white, and they don't shoot. They just blink out. On a few occasions I saw what I thought were satellites, then I'd start watching them, and they get brighter and then poof, gone. Invisible.

Wow.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
the other night I thought I saw a little light floating in my room momentarily that disappeared when I looked at it.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yes this has been happening to me for a long time now. Always outside at night, every time I go out to smoke or take the dogs out I always see a bright light out of my side vision. It always disappears as soon as I turn to look at it. It has had me puzzled for months but from what I've been reading here it seems to be quite common.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join