It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US secretly backed Egyptian protest leaders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

US secretly backed Egyptian protest leaders

www.rawstory.com

For the last three years, the US government secretly provided aid to the leaders behind this week's social uprising in Egypt aimed to topple the government of President Hosni Mubarak, according to a leaked diplomatic cable.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

What does everyone think of this?

Im a little suspicious of the story To be honest, But its a nice little News story to Think upon

Margaret Scobey, the US Ambassador in Cairo, said in the memo to the US Secretary of State in Washington D.C. that she questioned the likelihood that such an action would happen.

Other cables revealed, however, the US diplomats had sought out the opposition groups, one of whose members attended a youth summit in Washington organized by the State Department.

This week's protests in Egypt were instigated by a group of young, educated Egyptians known as the "April 6 youth movement," which has a presence on the social network site Facebook.

The Scobey memo was labeled "April 6 activist on his US visit and regime change in Egypt."

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Sorry but I think this cable is a fake. I have all the cables downloaded and I cannot find any of the phrases in a search of all cables.

I wrote a program to download all the cables and it has a search function so this is not just me not spotting something.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Oh well that does not surprise me, check out this article i just posted on what the CFR had to say about the opposition leader...ATS Article

new topics

top topics

join