It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mind Control"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Unfortuately, it would seem that some of our members believe in concepts that simply are not true, in this case I'm referring to Derren Browwn (known to the UK audience at least):

Brown, 34, describes himself as a psychological illusionist, meaning that he uses a mix of techniques, including sleight of hand, misdirection, hypnotism and subliminal suggestion, to perform feats that seem impossible, even supernatural. He has become a British media star, unnerving audiences with his "Trick of the Mind" television programs and sold-out stage performances. But he is no David Blaine, shrouding himself in smoke and mystique, no show-bizzy David Copperfield.He admits to possessing no magical powers. He is not psychic. He cannot read your thoughts by staring into your eyes. Everything he does, he says, can be logically parsed."I could sit someone down and take them through an episode of my show and explain everything," he said recently. (He could, but he will not.) It was a rainy evening and Brown, slender, with thinning hair and a goatee that can look menacing on television but not in person, was speaking over white wine at a London hotel.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Every magician or illusionist can describe to their audience what was needed to complete the mind trick. the only thing that makes this guy any different is that he admits it and doesnt hide behind "magic" of any sort.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Derren Brown is quite effective at what he does no doubt. I enjoy watching him in action. Among other tricks up his sleeve, he uses a lot of NLP, suggestion, and conversational hypnosis, and he's really good at it. Wish I were as good.

ETA: Are you saying some folks on ATS don't realize it's all illusory?
edit on 29-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Simple cue at the right time can make people think what you want them to think. This all over the media and T.V. I think this is mass hypnosis and Hitler was great at it. Very dangerous games to play . If I ask what is the first fast food chain that pops into your mind. ........... ask anyone 9 out of 10 times the answer is always the same.

join