posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 12:58 AM
swissinfo March 20, 2003 6:06 AM
1) Bush announces start of military operations against Iraq.
2) Heavy explosions heard in Baghdad, and on the city's southern outskirts.
3) Jets reported flying over the city, while anti-aircraft batteries open fire.
4) At least 40 cruise missiles launched. Repeated air-raid sirens heard in Baghdad.
5) US military officials say pre-dawn attack on Baghdad a precursor to larger campaign.
6) Bush says war "will not be a campaign of half measures".
7) Saddam vows to "fight our occupiers until they loose their patience".
8) US-led troops reported to be gathering at the Kuwait-Iraq border.